What's new

Woods of Windsor Shave Soap

Hello All,

Tried that Woods of Windsor shave soap today. A big disappointment I'm afraid.

Flaccid lather, minimal lubrication (even with PSO), virtually scentless and overpriced. I had to use some Proraso foam for the third pass so I could finish shaving. I ran out of lather halfway through the second pass and knew I was doomed for the third.

I have relegated it to the upper soap dish in the shower.

This was my experience with the stuff. Your mileage may vary.

I do like the WoW cologne, shampoo and talc. Have some shower gel on order.

Cheers,
Richard
South of OK

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I must disagree with Richard. He is far too kind. The lather (if you can call it that) was not even flaccid.. Even after repeatedly recharging the brush (Vulfix #41 and Shavemac Seifenschaummeister) with soap and or water, I found the lather to dry out on my right cheek by the time I finished my left cheek. The fuzz was virtually devoid of lubrication. On the other hand, I bought it with a nifty shaving mug with a nice representation of the Keep at Windsor.
I really hope HRH doesn't depend upon this stuff. And yet WoW cologne and aftershave are splendid.

Hello All,

As you know, I did relegate that WoW shave soap to my shower soap dish. Remarkably, it works very well as a bath soap. Once you get the lather going all over your body, the WoW scent finally comes through. With the size of this "bar". it should last a good while.

Moral of story: Just because a shave soap does not work out, don't chuck it yet. Try it in the shower or bath. If it still falls flat on its face, then chuck it!

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Hello All,

As you know, I did relegate that WoW shave soap to my shower soap dish. Remarkably, it works very well as a bath soap. Once you get the lather going all over your body, the WoW scent finally comes through. With the size of this "bar". it should last a good while.

Moral of story: Just because a shave soap does not work out, don't chuck it yet. Try it in the shower or bath. If it still falls flat on its face, then chuck it!

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Good advice!

Top Bottom