What's new

Woodford Reserve

I used to work for Brown-Forman back in the mid 90s. When Woodford first came out, it was originally laid down as Old Forester. Some barrels had matured more gracefully than usual OF and those were used to get Woodford off the ground. Not true any longer, I'm sure; should now have its own recipe.

I love woodford...

this reminds me, my bottle has one glass left in it and I need to go get some more asap

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Woodford Reserve Double Oak is worth the increased price over standard WR, IMHO. My favorite even over Blantons, which around here is hard to come by.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Woodford Reserve Double Oak is worth the increased price over standard WR, IMHO. My favorite even over Blantons, which around here is hard to come by.

Now that's an endorsement!!!!
Definitely on my list

Glad this thread is at the top tonight. I went out for dinner with my wife, and, having had a bad experience with an Old Fashioned at this place a couple of weeks ago (think soda water), I ordered WR neat. Received a solid pour. Maybe 2 oz or a touch more. Dropped in a small cube from my water glass. This is a solid bourbon. It's 90 proof, so not hot. At times I've thought WR a little bland, but not this evening. Get oak and some cherry. The mouthfeel is fairly heavy. Not syrupy, but glycerin-like. Really enjoyed it. It occurred to me to get home and compare it to my bottle of Old Forester 100 (I don't know why I haven't tried it earlier as I have half a bottle of WR on my shelf!). Came home and poured half an ounce of OF 100. Maybe a slightly thinner mouthfeel, but very similar flavor profile, and a touch, just a touch, more heat from the higher proof. I found an article from mid-2105 saying the mash bills are still the same, but IDK for sure. From now on, I'll pay the $24 for OF 100 over $30+ for WR, but I could see how some might find the WR worth a little more. Looking forward to Derby Day already!

martym

So now I have 3 bottles I must buy when I finally run out of my beloved Elijah Craig 12 Year:

Woodford Reserve
Old Forester 100 proof
Blanton's---that bottle did not last long at all

So now I have 3 bottles I must buy when I finally run out of my beloved Elijah Craig 12 Year:

Woodford Reserve
Old Forester 100 proof
Blanton's---that bottle did not last long at all

Don't forget to add another bottle of Elijah Craig to the list. Must always have that on hand!

martym

IMG_2164.JPG
I cannot find anymore 12 year Elijah Craig and the stuff on the shelves is twice what I pai for the 12 year marked bottles!!! And the horror of it all. Tonight another emptied bottle!!! 1.75 liters down the hatch

Top Bottom