What's new

Wondering about Cella

For those in the UK, Connaught has the red tub on sale for £2.70 at the moment. The green one is £5.40 (plus there is a £1.20 10ml sample for the green). I just picked up a couple of reds, my favourite.
That is really inexpensive. I bought the red tub last year here in the USA for 10 bucks which is close to 7 pounds. I'm not complaining. Many US artisans charge 20 to 25 bucks for a tub of super fatted soap.

Brother @alin , what does the "aqua" colored Cella smell like? Is there any almond in it? I think that is what bothers me...
after shave Cella red does not smell like soap and does not cause allergies. After a sufficient "ventilation", the soap does not give that skin irritation after shaving.
I found this information written by a colleague on a Romanian forum
,, In 2013, Nicky Chini SrL, the company that owns the Cella brand, set out to reformulate the cream that had gained great popularity among Italian wet shavers (and not only) to try to promote it both on the European market and the American one. In this sense they changed from the old formula containing Cocos Nucifera Oil, Tallow, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxyde, Sodium Hydroxide, Aqua, Potassium Carbonate, Perfume to a new formula with a content of Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Adeps Bovis ( Tallow), Stearic Acid, Aqua (Water) Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Carbonate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance) It should be noted that in the old formula, to obtain the smell of bitter almond, benzaldelhide was used (not specified in the list of ingredients) and in the new formula almond oil was used. The choice of this ingredient was an uninspired one because, in order to keep the low production costs low, the synthetic oil was used, cheaper but of a lower quality than the natural one. And the effects were felt in the world of wet shaving enthusiasts as the use of the cream caused allergies to a large number of them.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Have you tried the "bio" one my friend?

BTW, wouldn't you LOVE a watch with that color for a dial?!?
No, I've not tried "bio" yet, Dave. I still have half-a-brick of the original to work through (though by now it may be a putrid chunk of rancid fat).

As for the watch, I assume you mean some aqua color? Sure, why not? I'm seeing more and more of them. One, after all, cannot have too many watches.

after shave Cella red does not smell like soap and does not cause allergies. After a sufficient "ventilation", the soap does not give that skin irritation after shaving.
I found this information written by a colleague on a Romanian forum
,, In 2013, Nicky Chini SrL, the company that owns the Cella brand, set out to reformulate the cream that had gained great popularity among Italian wet shavers (and not only) to try to promote it both on the European market and the American one. In this sense they changed from the old formula containing Cocos Nucifera Oil, Tallow, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxyde, Sodium Hydroxide, Aqua, Potassium Carbonate, Perfume to a new formula with a content of Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Adeps Bovis ( Tallow), Stearic Acid, Aqua (Water) Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Carbonate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance) It should be noted that in the old formula, to obtain the smell of bitter almond, benzaldelhide was used (not specified in the list of ingredients) and in the new formula almond oil was used. The choice of this ingredient was an uninspired one because, in order to keep the low production costs low, the synthetic oil was used, cheaper but of a lower quality than the natural one. And the effects were felt in the world of wet shaving enthusiasts as the use of the cream caused allergies to a large number of them.

I remember buying a sample of the Cella “brick” with the old formula and vastly preferred the scent and feel to the newer formula that came in the tub. Then I splurged on the whole brick and it’s the new formula! Scent is not as nice and now it tingles a bit. I do wish I would’ve snagged a brick of the old formula, I would’ve had a life time of soap rotating it among my other faves!

Oh well.

@FarmerTan what is the reaction you experience like?

I hope you don’t mind me asking, but I think I might have experienced similar the last couple of days with Vitos red. My face looked red and raw for a couple of hours post shave. I can’t say for sure it’s the soap as it was also using a new razor for the first time so need to play around with variables (ie same soap with a trusted razor). However, asking out of curiosity as didn’t feel like razor burn (although I’ve never had it in over a decade of wet shaving). More like wind burn.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@FarmerTan what is the reaction you experience like?

I hope you don’t mind me asking, but I think I might have experienced similar the last couple of days with Vitos red. My face looked red and raw for a couple of hours post shave. I can’t say for sure it’s the soap as it was also using a new razor for the first time so need to play around with variables (ie same soap with a trusted razor). However, asking out of curiosity as didn’t feel like razor burn (although I’ve never had it in over a decade of wet shaving). More like wind burn.
Wind burn or even a fairly mild sunburn would be a pretty good description. NOT terrible, but not something worth repeating, ha!

I DEFINITELY was under the impression that if I continued to use Cella or Zitos or whatever it was that the reaction would PROBABLY be werser. NO WAY would I feel comfortable using it two days in a row. I THINK that I would have "weepers" at the very least.

Hope that helps you my friend!

I remember buying a sample of the Cella “brick” with the old formula and vastly preferred the scent and feel to the newer formula that came in the tub. Then I splurged on the whole brick and it’s the new formula! Scent is not as nice and now it tingles a bit. I do wish I would’ve snagged a brick of the old formula, I would’ve had a life time of soap rotating it among my other faves!

Oh well.
I apologize, because I misunderstood when I posted. I initially understood that the question referred to Aftershave Cella ( confused me aqua , water in Romanian ) Now I see that Aqua was referring to the color of the new soap tub Cella Bio.
I did refer to Red Cella who had 2 formulas. The first formula being better but had higher production costs. Both smelled of bitter almonds, but the first formula did not produce any irritation. You like the smell of red cella ( bitter almonds ) or blue cella , bio
I want to ask you bought a brick Cella and is bio formula without tallow and without the smell of bitter almonds ? Or did you buy a Cella brick with the smell of bitter almonds ? I ask because I don't know if Bio Cella started to be sold to brick.

I apologize, because I misunderstood when I posted. I initially understood that the question referred to Aftershave Cella ( confused me aqua , water in Romanian ) Now I see that Aqua was referring to the color of the new soap tub Cella Bio.
I did refer to Red Cella who had 2 formulas. The first formula being better but had higher production costs. Both smelled of bitter almonds, but the first formula did not produce any irritation. You like the smell of red cella ( bitter almonds ) or blue cella , bio
I want to ask you bought a brick Cella and is bio formula without tallow and without the smell of bitter almonds ? Or did you buy a Cella brick with the smell of bitter almonds ? I ask because I don't know if Bio Cella started to be sold to brick.

No worries! I was talking about the Cella Red, not the Cella Bio that comes in the blue-green container.

The older formula had a more natural almond smell and didn’t tingle on my face like the new formula, which also smells much stronger. I still use the new formula brick since I bought it, but like the old one better. I wish I bought the whole brick of the old formula but only bought a sample!

No worries! I was talking about the Cella Red, not the Cella Bio that comes in the blue-green container.

The older formula had a more natural almond smell and didn’t tingle on my face like the new formula, which also smells much stronger. I still use the new formula brick since I bought it, but like the old one better. I wish I bought the whole brick of the old formula but only bought a sample!
Now I understand. And I'm looking for cella brick old version for the same reasons. Unfortunately I think it doesn't occur anymore.

I have both the red and the bio, and to me they are both fine soaps. I've read in previous threads that because the red contains tallow it can go bad in hot weather, so I keep it in the fridge.

I’ve used the red and bio versions and love them both. It’s a soap that will definitely buy again.

Top Bottom