What's new

Wondering about Cella

I was just hoping to get some of your input to help me decide on Cella products. I have not tried any yet. My thought is that I should start with the classic red. However I have seen the green get high praise from some of you who I consider to be authorities on all things gentlemanly.(Marco) I'm just not sure which to try first! Also, have any of you tried the aftershave. I cant imagine I would be disappointed. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Both the original Cella (red) and the Cella bio (green) are excellent soaps. I’ve tried both and I personally prefer the original Cella. I’d recommend to get both of them though. Maybe @Marco could add his excellent knowledge of this fine product

Cella Red is a classic, traditional product that dates back over one hundred years. Performance is very good. There are some who cannot use it, though. The cherry-almond scent chemical benzaldehyde causes a skin reaction in a small percentage of people. Others just get annoyed by the scent. People that avoid tallow in soaps would not want to use Cella Red. Cella Red aftershave does not smell like the soap. It is more of a traditional Italian barbershop scent.

Cella Green is a newer, more modern product. Performance is also very good. It is less likely to cause skin reactions. It has no tallow. The scent is fairly light and inoffensive. Cella Green aftershave smells almost the same as the soap, like a lighter scent of the Aventus type (without being an Aventus clone).

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, you never cease to impress me with your gentlemanly behavior!

You elevate every thread you enter. Thank you for your work here all these years, helping your fellow wet shavers!

My dear friend, over the years I've been called Authority, Teacher, Maestro. The reality is that I am none. I am only a humble servant who puts all his efforts in the betterment of Badger & Blade. And I try to do it according to the basic principles upon which Mr Nick @Nick and Mr Joel @joel founded our glorious community. Thank you so very much for the kind words, sincerely appreciated.

Very truly yours,

Marco

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Cella Red is a classic, traditional product that dates back over one hundred years. Performance is very good. There are some who cannot use it, though. The cherry-almond scent chemical benzaldehyde causes a skin reaction in a small percentage of people. Others just get annoyed by the scent. People that avoid tallow in soaps would not want to use Cella Red. Cella Red aftershave does not smell like the soap. It is more of a traditional Italian barbershop scent.

Cella Green is a newer, more modern product. Performance is also very good. It is less likely to cause skin reactions. It has no tallow. The scent is fairly light and inoffensive. Cella Green aftershave smells almost the same as the soap, like a lighter scent of the Aventus type (without being an Aventus clone).
I am one of the unfortunate ones! I love the scent of the soap, but alas, it lights up my face a few minutes after my shave. I love the performance, otherwise.

My dear friend, over the years I've been called Authority, Teacher, Maestro. The reality is that I am none. I am only a humble servant who puts all his efforts in the betterment of Badger & Blade. And I try to do it according to the basic principles upon which Mr Nick @Nick and Mr Joel @joel found our glorious community. Thank you so very much for the kind words, sincerely appreciated.

Very truly yours,

Marco
The man. The legend. The Marco.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
The soap against which I judge all others. It's also my "index soap"--a constant that I use when evaluating new blades and razors.

Scent is a gentle mix of marzipan and cherry (at least to me) that doesn't conflict with after shaves or colognes. Plus the stuff makes oodles of outstanding lather that's both cushiony and slick.

As one might say in Rome, cella è fantastica! (If needed, my apologies for using Google Translate.)

Sir @Cedarwood77 , don't wait, Cella is a wonderful Italian soap. Don't choose! buy both and you will thank us. Cella bio is an excellent non-tallow soap. CellaRed with the tallow is great too. I don't know the prices in the USA but if it doesn't cost a fortune, it's worth buying!
P1130789.JPGP1130560.JPG

I am one of the unfortunate ones! I love the scent of the soap, but alas, it lights up my face a few minutes after my shave. I love the performance, otherwise.

Sir @FarmerTan ,
I'm sorry to hear that you have an allergic reaction to Cella red. I suffered the same thing some time ago. I was convinced that I would not be able to use Cella red. I solved this by leaving an amount of 30-50 gr in a large soap box without a lid for a few weeks. Over time, the smell soap diminished and soap is hardened. I was happy to see that I no longer have any allergic reactions to Cella. In addition, it helps to use a soft synthetic brush, froth in the bowl, put a teaspoon of hot water before frothing and then continue with cold water or just a little warm. Do not let the foam stay on your face for more than 1 minute (you do not need more time to soften your chin) and wash your face with cold water followed by conditioner (CeraVe balm is excellent) without a block of alum or alcohol. No BBS and no boar bristle for a week! Do this for a week to give your skin time to get used to Cella. I hope these tips will help you. They helped me.
Don't give up on Cella, it's a good soap!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Sir @Cedarwood77 , don't wait, Cella is a wonderful Italian soap. Don't choose! buy both and you will thank us. Cella bio is an excellent non-tallow soap. CellaRed with the tallow is great too. I don't know the prices in the USA but if it doesn't cost a fortune, it's worth buying!
View attachment 1358317View attachment 1358320
Brother @alin , what does the "aqua" colored Cella smell like? Is there any almond in it? I think that is what bothers me...

Brother @alin , what does the "aqua" colored Cella smell like? Is there any almond in it? I think that is what bothers me...
To me it’s more of a cologne type scent. It’s slightly aquatic smelling with some green scents to me. There’s no almond in it to my knowledge. If you can find a sample size (maybe Maggards) I’d recommend getting that to see if it works for you

Top Bottom