What's new

Won my first St8 on Ebay today...

If description is accurate you did very well. That's probably one out of a seven day set. In good condition those style usually go for $30-50. If it's really NOS as the listing suggests, more like $50-80.

I felt like I low balled on the bid and ended up winning it. I've been watching straights for about 3 weeks and have been afraid to bid. I've seen a few sell way below what I would think they would have. I have a feeling that this is the start of my bank account thinning...:001_tt1:

I felt like I low balled on the bid and ended up winning it. I've been watching straights for about 3 weeks and have been afraid to bid. I've seen a few sell way below what I would think they would have. I have a feeling that this is the start of my bank account thinning...:001_tt1:

Happened to me a lot recently. I picked up a Shiny Engels "Perfection" the other day for a price so low that I might as well have stolen the thing.

That happens when there are on average 1700 straights listed everyday on eBay. You can get some great deals, as well as get royally screwed over if there are poor or misleading photos/info.

I never bid more than I'm willing to gamble on an eBay auction.

Be carefull, you will be amazed at how easy it is to start bidding and get carried away! Take it from a recovering addict. I still get withdralws. lol.

You got a nice razor at a great price! It will shine up very good! Check out Azmarks polish tutorial and get to work! Show us the after pics :thumbup1:

That looks to be a very nice razor! I don't know if I can say this on B&B, but if you look at the Member Services under the Classified section on straightrazorplace. com, there are a lot of guys who are "honemeisters". That is where I get all mine honed from. I send them to those guys, because I can't afford a $300 escher!

I think you've done very well. It's a quaity razor at a bargain price. When you get it honed, I reckon you'll have a great shaving straight.

Top Bottom