What's new

Won: Gillette Tech on the bay

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I won this one for a small $7.50 AUD... The razor needs a cleaning but the rest seems in a good condition. I love the description... :lol:

This very old saftey razor in a tin in very good condition. Not sure how old it is. The lining is purple velvet without rips or tears..The razor is in excellent condition and has "Made in England" marked on the handle. There are also two holders for the razors to be kept in.

Enjoy your bidding and good luck......

You guys will be happy, that was my last bidding. I will probably get the razor, clean it and sell it as I've got all I need now (thanks to Erwin), hope I can keep it that way...:biggrin:

Luc

Staff member
No idea, probably is... I thought it was a good deal, looks ok, I don't think I will have much surprises when I will get it.

Luc

Staff member
Agreed, I think it's a mismatch. I will know as soon as I see the inscription inside. But, I love the razor holders :lol:

Luc

Staff member
Got the razor today! It needs a good clean up but overall in a not so bad condition. The inside of the box is A1. The outside needs to be clean properly. The 'holders' are very shinny :lol:

It's the heavy tech. I will post some pictures later!

Luc

Staff member
I'm unsure, I didn't see a date or code. I will check post-cleaning

BTW Luc where exactly are you getting this stuff so cheap? I keep a look out on the 'bay and find nothing!

Luc

Staff member
I think that one had a typo in the title and I just found it by browsing the barber/shaving collectable section. I got it with a minimum bet...

Luc

Staff member
The only memory of that razor reside in the first picture. In my wisdom I didn't take the time to do a few more pictures pre-clean! :mad:

However, I did a cleaning with soapy water + a drop of peroxide. Soaked for 3 hours. Most of the gunk fell off. I finished the whole process with good old toothpaste! It's more shiny than I thought. For $7.50, yup, good deal. I'm still unsure about the case if it's a match as it's not marked.

If I push on the end of the handle, the razor is a bit loose. If I put my Bull Mastiff in there, it doesn't fit.:biggrin: My Gillette NEW seems a better fit in that box. However, it's still a bit loose. The inside is stained a bit but there isn't any holes in the finish of the box. The outside of the box has some kind of line that goes around (Rust/plating gone).

The razor has a few stains here and there (pin head size). Heavy handle so it's not aluminum. I haven't tried it so I have no idea how it shaves but it should be a great shaver!

I guess I will sell it eventually, any idea on how it's worth(with the mismatch tin if it is)? I was thinking maybe $20-25 AUD.

who knows Luc? Your pics make more sense to me than the original one. Probably $25 with case is still better than what you find antiquing/junk storing.

Luc

Staff member
I think I should vaccum the case... But yes, the razor looks awesome. It was full of rust under the cap...

Top Bottom