What's new

Won a stand, bowl, razor and brush!

Think I've won a decent lot on EvilBay. It arrived today. A nice chrome stand with a bowl, Mach3 razor (what's that) and a Kent BK4 silvertip brush, all only used a couple of times as they gave up! All for the princely sum of £26 + £2 shipping. The brush alone costs £45 in Britain. The brush is so new it hasn't started to splay out yet.

Feeling quite smug...

Gareth

View attachment 1068

Nice haul, Gareth! I like the brush!

btw--and what's wrong with morris dancing anyways!?!?!?!?!

mrob said:
Nice haul, Gareth! I like the brush!

btw--and what's wrong with morris dancing anyways!?!?!?!?!

That looks great... I wonder if my Merkur DEs would fit in there in place of that M3... Perhaps a stand/rack/whatever will have to be my next "hardware" purchase.

BTW, what is morris dancing?

Didn't really want to do this, it almost feels like post padding! This page has Morris Dancing, it's an English fertility thing from ancient times I think!

Jonnybc said:
Didn't really want to do this, it almost feels like post padding! This page has Morris Dancing, it's an English fertility thing from ancient times I think!

THAT was ... er... interesting... as if the dancing wasn't bad enough (I dislike to dance - any type of dancing) anything that is a fertility-ritual-type-thing is not looked upon favourably in my books...

It is a nice brush. I gave it a soak and then lathered up to try it out. Excellent!

Morris dancing, do I know what it is?

'fraid so, I'm the musician for Lassington Oak morris men from Gloucester, England. http://www.lassington.oak.btinternet.co.uk/ (very out of date web site, but I'm in there somewhere)

We always tell American tourists that it's all about fertility and seasons and things but that's a load of old rubbish. It was originally done as a way for farm workers to make a few bob when the times were hard.

There's not much fertility around when you drink as much beer as some morris dancers do, and some of the men are as bad.

It's a great way to get out to little country pubs for a few beers and the best description I've heard is that it's like a rugby tour without the fighting...

Nice score!

BTW, are u familiar with the Eddings novels- I recognized your name as one of the main characters?

Marty

I did try one of Eddings novels once but I'm not a great fantasy fan!

I didn't know he had a character called Galopede. I play squeezebox for a morris team, have my own English Ceilidh band and I dance at the ceilidhs as often as I can. Great fun. One of my favourite dances is called The Galopede. A very old dance so I'd suspect Eddings got the name from the dance!

I just like the sound of the name.

Gareth

Ha! I got it all wrong. After a quick web search, it turns out that Gareth is the character in the Eddings books!

Gareth's a Welsh name. Not particularly unusual in Wales. I am a Welshman of course. Welsh is one of the world's oldest languages and is of Celtic origin. Presumably Eddings likes Celtic names?

It means "Firm Spear"; at least that's what I found once! No Comment...

Gareth

Top Bottom