What's new

Women prefer men with stubble?

So says an internet poll reported on by the UK's Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...e-prefer-hairy-chests-backs-too.html?ITO=1490

I don't know who the respondents are on mycelebrityfashion.co.uk, but my guess is that they are younger than average, and are probably impressed by any male who can grow whiskers. Or perhaps in the fashion-conscious world of metrosexuals, a little facial hair is needed to distinguish one gender from the other.

The only poll that counts in my house is the word of SWMBO, and she's definitely not with the majority in this report.

It is a fashion thing these days. Most celebrities go with stubble. Looks rugged, but drives me nuts...I cant do it for more than 3 days.

proxy.php

My wife hates stubble. When she watches TV and sees an actor that way she says it's the 90's look - and to her it looks like a bum! :001_rolle

My girlfriends always liked to look at a little stubble, but they liked to touch a smooth face. Overall, clean shaven always won.

My wife likes the look of stubble, but not the feel. Feel wins out for the both of us!

Yup. I completely agree.
Stubble can look sexy but feels horrible. I have made guys go shave before so I don't get stubble burn while kissing them. As sexy as stubble looks, me looking like I've used a pot scourer on my face does not look sexy or feel nice.

Plus :
Stubble = sometimes sexy + never nice to kiss.
Clean shaven = sometimes/often sexy + always nice to kiss!

My wife hates stubble. She really doesn't like my goat, but I can't shave it off as I have really gotten used to having it. I like the look better. However, she has my cheeks, so we're good. Ha!

My soon-to-be wife doesn't like stubble. When I had my beard she didn't mind it as I'd had it for years and kept it neat, AND it was soft. But when I shaved my head, I shaved off the beard and left the mustashe and goatee. She likes to stroke my face when its shaved :biggrin1: but if I go a day without shaving she avoids kissing my cheek or hugging me. :sad:

Besides, I hated having stubble on my neck, and still do! :thumbdown

I don't follow polls nor do I care for them much, but I would say that it depends on a woman's age. My wife like me clean shaven but also appreciates the stubble look on vacation or on lazy days. She hates the feel of it though...So, do our nephews and niece

I have never found being well-groomed and smelling great to be an impediment with the fair sex. I also beleive clean hands and smooth, trimmed fingernail are especially appreciated. :thumbup1:

...my guess is that they are younger than average, and are probably impressed by any male who can grow whiskers. Or perhaps in the fashion-conscious world of metrosexuals, a little facial hair is needed to distinguish one gender from the other.

Those exact thoughts pop into my mind every time I see someone with 3 day stubble.

It may give them a rugged look, but I garuntee you those same woman don't want his face rubbing against theirs, or on their body.

I've never had a woman tell me, "oh I just love those mini needless dragging across my skin baby, I dont want you to ever shave"

As for looking rugged, It comes naturally to me :laugh:

My dear wife actually likes me to keep a certain look, with the sideburns, goatee, and mustache. As long as my cheeks and neck are clean shaven, she's happy. It's funny, she doesn't mind me buying razors, soaps, creams, brushes, and aftershaves....seems like smooth and smelling nice wins over stubble! :biggrin1:

Depends on the time of the month. Hormones play a large part in what women find attractive. My old lady, anyway.

I think a lot of women like the look bit not feel. Typical they always want the best of both worlds lol. And yes I also think a lot is swayed by Hollywood. And fashions are cyclical who doesn't remember Don Johnson and Miami Vice.

SWMBO has turned.. She use to love my stubble, but since discovering the smoothness from a DE shave she loves a clean shaved face!

Top Bottom