What's new

Wolverine 1000 mile 721 LTD

I love the look of the AE Daltons, but those 721s look fantastic!

"1 of 1000 pairs made by Allen Edmonds for Wolverine" - didn't know that

Last edited:
I have roughly the same boot (744LTD, in #48 (Mahogany) Cordovan), and yes, they are the most comfortable boots I have.

Turns out Badowers.com didn't get the listing off of their site soon enough. I placed my order and it indicated that it went through, but when I called a couple days later after not having received a response to an email I had sent them they informed me that the pair of boots had been sold just before I placed the order. They said that their server did not update the website quick enough.

Needless to say, I was bummed. But, oh well. I ordered a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile Addisons in brown CXL leather to console myself. I don't think it will be the same...... but it is a "First World Problem" nonetheless.

Picture of the Addisons in Brown Chromexcel:

Picture of the 721 LTD in Color 8 Shell Cordovan:

Ben

Last edited:
I just got the Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison Boots in CXL brown leather. Good news..... they fit great at size 11 D. Bad news..... they fit great at size 11 D (the size that was available.... or so I thought, in the 721 LTD Shell Cordovan Boots). So, the other good news is that the Addison boots look fantastic. Great vintage look and the CXL leather is something to behold. I'm surprised at the slight red hues in the brown leather. I really like it. It's a very supple and pliable leather, yet still feels durable. The arch support is great too. I don't normally notice that sort of thing or have problems with my archs, but I can see why I've read reviews where guys say that the 1000 Mile boots are very comfortable.

I'm still a little sick about losing the 721 LTDs, given that the size probably would've been perfect...... but the Addisons are making me feel much better about it.

Ben

Well, a couple months down the road and I found myself a pair of 721 LTD's on the bay in size 11 D. Used of course, but for a fair price. I went ahead and sprung for the pair (photos from seller):

$$_57.jpg$$_57-2.jpg$$_57-3.jpg$$_57-5.jpg$$_57-10.jpg

The right toe cap looks a little faded overall, but I'm okay with that. It's the nature of leather in general and I don't want to be too judgmental by photos. The seller claimed maybe 30 to 50 wears, but what really amazed me is the lacking of folding or creasing of the shell cordovan. The soles have some very expected wear, being all leather. Pretty much a complete set with shoe trees, shoe bags, original laces, certificate of authenticity, and original box. They look like they've been very well cared for and not subjected to very terrible conditions.

I've seen guys resole these already, since they've been around for a couple of years now, and they've done some really great re-sole jobs.

I have two pairs of Wolverine 1K Mile boots in size 11 D already, so I'm pretty confident that the fit will be good..... although I've sort of struggled with the fit on the ones I have. Sometimes they seem a bit roomy in the toe box and the heel...... sometimes they feel like they slide a little..... it all kind of depends on the socks I wear and how thick they are. I've thrown insoles in them and tried them with those, but ultimately I feel that the 1K Mile boots that I have are best without the insoles and a good mid to heavy weight pair of socks.

Anyway, just thought I would update since I had nearly nabbed a pair a couple months ago, only to have found out that they weren't available, and now I got this pair.

Ben

Last edited:
I have to laugh because I was drilling concrete on the job in my RW 8111's earlier today

Talking to a contractor friend of mine yesterday who was tight on funds a few months back...... he was lamenting that the old shoe and boot store in his town that used to carry Red Wings for years is now a yogurt store. He told me about the last set of boots he got that weren't Red Wings, but rather work boots from Wal Mart that cost him $29.95. He said that those boots lasted exactly 1 month before they fell apart.

At that rate, I think it's safe to say that a pair of Wolverine 1000 mile boots or Red Wing Heritage boots are a bargain.

Ben

Talking to a contractor friend of mine yesterday who was tight on funds a few months back...... he was lamenting that the old shoe and boot store in his town that used to carry Red Wings for years is now a yogurt store. He told me about the last set of boots he got that weren't Red Wings, but rather work boots from Wal Mart that cost him $29.95. He said that those boots lasted exactly 1 month before they fell apart.

At that rate, I think it's safe to say that a pair of Wolverine 1000 mile boots or Red Wing Heritage boots are a bargain.

Ben

I agree. I'll add that an inflation calculator can be your friend. http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

A pair of Red Wing IR's would have run you about $40 in 1959 tax included. We get used to a certain price in our heads and when the manufacturer can't make them for that price anymore some sweat-shop laboring country steps in to undercut, the quality continues to degrade, etc. etc. But we keep thinking a quality boot should cost $40 when in reality the quality made boot made in Wherever you grew to love actually costs a hell of a lot more to produce than it used to.

$sears76fwb.jpg

I needed a semi-dress boot/shoe that could transition between the office, look appropriate for board meetings etc., and out on job sites that could take a beating lasting for years to come.

I also wanted something that didn't have the hiking boot lug soles because I can't be dragging in mud all over a corporate office environment. The IR's were a no brainer. Comfortable as all get out. ::thumbs

Need to check out some 1000 miles next

Last edited:
Well, I received my Wolverine 1000 Mile 721 LTD Boots today. They are in great condition. The only problem is that I think that they are going to be just a hair too tight for me to deal with. I haven't been having real great luck lately with boot sizes. I went through 3 pairs of Red Wing Iron Rangers before I got my correct size on those.... and two pairs of Alden Indy boots. I was almost positive these would fit given that I have Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots already in the same size 11 D which fit fine, but these are just a bit too snug. I suppose they might be fine with thinner dress socks, but I'm not sure. These just seem to be tighter at the widest part of my foot, and the toe box has less vertical space. The heel and instep fit fine. Overall length may be just a hair short, but it's mostly the width at the widest part of my foot that seems to be a little tight. I'm wearing fairly heavy boot socks at the moment. I'll try them on later this evening with a thinner pair of socks.

I guess I'll have to wear them for a little longer to be sure. Frustrating. They are very nice otherwise.

Ben

Last edited:
I just realized, I've been wearing these boots for 3 years a lot and they still look great and feel even better.

In a couple months I think I am going to send them out for a resole depending on how they appear.

Wonderful purchase... Love them .. I'll take a picture of them soon.

Top Bottom