What's new

Wolfman WR2 vs WR1 Comparison

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I chuckle every time I see this. Hilarious. Thanks for the smile. I'm also currently using one of both the Wolfman designs and like them both.

I know what you mean. Never gets old. It became a goal of mine fairly quickly after joining this forum to be the guy in one of the threads Tom started to illicit this response. I finally succeeded in one not too long ago....

Blazing Saddles is actually a favorite of mine and my mom. We used to watch it all the time when I was growing up as it seemed like the rerun aired in syndication constantly. These days, not so much of course. The times have changed ;)

Last edited:
I know what you mean. Never gets old. It became a goal of mine fairly quickly after joining this forum to be the guy in one of the threads Tom started to illicit this response. I finally succeeded in one not too long ago....

Blazing Saddles is actually a favorite of mine and my mom. We used to watch it all the time when I was growing up as it seemed like the rerun aired in syndication constantly. These days, not so much of course. The times have changed ;)
Pure comedic genius. It is one of those movies that I can watch over and over again and still laugh at something I didn't see before. No one was spared Mel Brooks' brilliance, and yes, times have changed.

Edit: By the way JW, your mom must be a cool lady. My mom would have been aghast had she watched Blazing Saddles.

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Pure comedic genius. It is one of those movies that I can watch over and over again and still laugh at something I didn't see before. No one was spared Mel Brooks' brilliance, and yes, times have changed.

Edit: By the way JW, your mom must be a cool lady. My mom would have been aghast had she watched Blazing Saddles.
You mean your mom would have been ‘a-gassed’.
1630532663307.gif

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy

Absolutely yes, although I will say I believe the version we watched was slightly edited for television audiences.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
How did I miss this post? Anyways, I always find it interesting to read the widely varying opinions when comparing gaps between WR1 and WR2. I have WR2 1.15 and 1.25. And I have a WR1 .80 OC. I find the .80 OC to be more aggressive than the 1.25. And the efficiency of the .80 OC is about the same as the 1.25. However, I read on many posts that the .80 is rated milder than the 1.15. So I guess the experience with this group of razors is highly subjective. They all rock though. Amazing engineering and design. And some of the best shaves.

Hannah's Dad

How did I miss this post? Anyways, I always find it interesting to read the widely varying opinions when comparing gaps between WR1 and WR2. I have WR2 1.15 and 1.25. And I have a WR1 .80 OC. I find the .80 OC to be more aggressive than the 1.25. And the efficiency of the .80 OC is about the same as the 1.25. However, I read on many posts that the .80 is rated milder than the 1.15. So I guess the experience with this group of razors is highly subjective. They all rock though. Amazing engineering and design. And some of the best shaves.
It’s certainly not an exact science … except for the universally-accepted fact that the WR2 is smoother than the WR1.
1630754314292.gif

Thanks @It's Hedley for a great write-up. I now envision owning a WR2 1.15 at some point in my future. Like you, I'd prefer the option of being able to use it for consecutive day stretches.

Thanks @It's Hedley for a great write-up. I now envision owning a WR2 1.15 at some point in my future. Like you, I'd prefer the option of being able to use it for consecutive day stretches.
After a short week of owning the WR1, I can say I prefer the WR2. It may be as simple as preferring the SB over the OC, but for the time being, I am enjoying the variety. I can say confidently that you will enjoy owning the WR2 1.15SB as a daily razor.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
After a short week of owning the WR1, I can say I prefer the WR2. It may be as simple as preferring the SB over the OC, but for the time being, I am enjoying the variety. I can say confidently that you will enjoy owning the WR2 1.15SB as a daily razor.
My thoughts exactly. I have the WR2 in 1.15 and 1.25, along with a WR1 in .80 OC. The 1.15 is my favorite by far, but I have predominantly been using the WR1 .80 OC since I got it. Its been a couple of months. I am sure I will go back to the 1.15 in some time. And when i do, I will be amazed at how awesome it is! I did this same routine when I received my 1.25. I didnt touch the 1.15 for a couple of months. And when i went back to it, i was amazed at how awesome the 1.15 was. But the 1.25 is great too. So at some point I need to figure out which one of these Wolfs dont make the cut and boot it to the BST. But for now, I am really enjoying the variety! For my next one, i want a WR2 1.55. That should reveal a lot about which razors to keep and which to sell. For now I sell none of them. :)

Hannah's Dad

My thoughts exactly. I have the WR2 in 1.15 and 1.25, along with a WR1 in .80 OC. The 1.15 is my favorite by far, but I have predominantly been using the WR1 .80 OC since I got it. Its been a couple of months. I am sure I will go back to the 1.15 in some time. And when i do, I will be amazed at how awesome it is! I did this same routine when I received my 1.25. I didnt touch the 1.15 for a couple of months. And when i went back to it, i was amazed at how awesome the 1.15 was. But the 1.25 is great too. So at some point I need to figure out which one of these Wolfs dont make the cut and boot it to the BST. But for now, I am really enjoying the variety! For my next one, i want a WR2 1.55. That should reveal a lot about which razors to keep and which to sell. For now I sell none of them. :)
The 1.55 will impress you with its smoothness (despite the gap). Just don’t expect much hair 24 hours later.:straight:

Blazing Saddles is actually a favorite of mine and my mom.
Same! My Mother loves the worst parts too.
I won't derail this fine thread any further than to share a bit of trivia about the movie:
One of the best things about Blazing Saddles is that they tricked the Musician into performing the main theme! I can't remember for sure, but I think he wrote it also. Every time the main theme plays and he sings passionately about our hero, I get an extra chuckle knowing he is being serious!

not sure how i missed this thread but am now back on the wolfman list and would love some feedback from you (and anyone else who would like to chime in)

I also have the 1.25 WR2 SB but never tried the 1.15. Put myself on the list today for a WR1 and thinking of the .74 and .80 gaps but after reading this I sort of thinking maybe a WR2 1.15 is what I am after.

I love to shave daily, so really looking for a daily driver here, and always chase BBS with ATG passes (yeah bit obsessed by it actually).

When I first got the 1.25 I was super impressed with its smoothness and efficiency, but trying to shave daily at the start was a bit hard due to how efficient the razor was leaving not much to shave off the next day. So sort of struggled shaving daily.

A few weeks ago I tried to shave daily with the above requirements as another test and found I actually could do it but certainly needed to treat each shave with care and with a good pre and post shave routine, but still did it.

Now you got me thinking I could accomplish this with the 1.15 SB with ease and possibly little more comfort so maybe I get a bronze WR2 1.15.

But I also shaved a couple of times (long way back into my shaving journey) with a standard gap WR1 SB and this quality is what actually got me onto my 'high end' razor journey. This has me thinking I should go for the WR1 to have something different and to compliment my WR2.

I reckon you may of talked me out of the .80 OC cos I really want it as a daily driver and striving more for comfort so probably the .74 if I go with a WR1. Other question is an OC or SB, but reckon best decide on the head and gap first.

hi @It's Hedley I noticed you also owned a 1.15 and 1.25 SB and also kept the 1.15 SB

as per my comments above, I can shave daily if needed with the 1.25 but keep getting the feeling the shaves with the 1.15 would be even more comfortable than the 1.25 already is.. and thinking maybe I should get the 1.15 instead of a lower gapped WR1 .74

as much as I would love to get both, cant really afford to.. hence the dilemma.. so for a daily driver what do you think?

Did you get the chance to try out any other WR1 with lower gaps to compare the .86 WR1 and 1.25 WR2?

hi @It's Hedley I noticed you also owned a 1.15 and 1.25 SB and also kept the 1.15 SB

as per my comments above, I can shave daily if needed with the 1.25 but keep getting the feeling the shaves with the 1.15 would be even more comfortable than the 1.25 already is.. and thinking maybe I should get the 1.15 instead of a lower gapped WR1 .74

as much as I would love to get both, cant really afford to.. hence the dilemma.. so for a daily driver what do you think?

Did you get the chance to try out any other WR1 with lower gaps to compare the .86 WR1 and 1.25 WR2?
Good morning StratMan,

I have owned 12 Wolfman razors and the only one remaining is the WR2 1.15 SB. After a 3 pass shave, I achieve a BBS result and will still need to shave the following day. The WR2 1.05 was fine, but not as efficient as I desired, the WR2 1.25 too efficient for daily use, so the 1.15 won out. I compliment the Wolf with a Gillette Hybrid Tech and a Gillette New SC. The WR1 is a fine razor head, but the WR2 SB just won out for me personally. If you like the WR2 head, no need to complicate by trying a WR1. Comparable blade gaps and efficiencies between the two get the same result. The SB is my much preferred head over the OC.

I have a tee time this morning, but am happy to expound upon my thoughts later this afternoon.

It's Hedley

Top Bottom