What's new

Wolfman WR2 vs WR1 Comparison

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I chuckle every time I see this. Hilarious. Thanks for the smile. I'm also currently using one of both the Wolfman designs and like them both.

I know what you mean. Never gets old. It became a goal of mine fairly quickly after joining this forum to be the guy in one of the threads Tom started to illicit this response. I finally succeeded in one not too long ago....

Blazing Saddles is actually a favorite of mine and my mom. We used to watch it all the time when I was growing up as it seemed like the rerun aired in syndication constantly. These days, not so much of course. The times have changed ;)

Last edited:
I know what you mean. Never gets old. It became a goal of mine fairly quickly after joining this forum to be the guy in one of the threads Tom started to illicit this response. I finally succeeded in one not too long ago....

Blazing Saddles is actually a favorite of mine and my mom. We used to watch it all the time when I was growing up as it seemed like the rerun aired in syndication constantly. These days, not so much of course. The times have changed ;)
Pure comedic genius. It is one of those movies that I can watch over and over again and still laugh at something I didn't see before. No one was spared Mel Brooks' brilliance, and yes, times have changed.

Edit: By the way JW, your mom must be a cool lady. My mom would have been aghast had she watched Blazing Saddles.

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Pure comedic genius. It is one of those movies that I can watch over and over again and still laugh at something I didn't see before. No one was spared Mel Brooks' brilliance, and yes, times have changed.

Edit: By the way JW, your mom must be a cool lady. My mom would have been aghast had she watched Blazing Saddles.
You mean your mom would have been ‘a-gassed’.
1630532663307.gif

How did I miss this post? Anyways, I always find it interesting to read the widely varying opinions when comparing gaps between WR1 and WR2. I have WR2 1.15 and 1.25. And I have a WR1 .80 OC. I find the .80 OC to be more aggressive than the 1.25. And the efficiency of the .80 OC is about the same as the 1.25. However, I read on many posts that the .80 is rated milder than the 1.15. So I guess the experience with this group of razors is highly subjective. They all rock though. Amazing engineering and design. And some of the best shaves.

Hannah's Dad

How did I miss this post? Anyways, I always find it interesting to read the widely varying opinions when comparing gaps between WR1 and WR2. I have WR2 1.15 and 1.25. And I have a WR1 .80 OC. I find the .80 OC to be more aggressive than the 1.25. And the efficiency of the .80 OC is about the same as the 1.25. However, I read on many posts that the .80 is rated milder than the 1.15. So I guess the experience with this group of razors is highly subjective. They all rock though. Amazing engineering and design. And some of the best shaves.
It’s certainly not an exact science … except for the universally-accepted fact that the WR2 is smoother than the WR1.1630754314292.gif

Thanks @It's Hedley for a great write-up. I now envision owning a WR2 1.15 at some point in my future. Like you, I'd prefer the option of being able to use it for consecutive day stretches.

Thanks @It's Hedley for a great write-up. I now envision owning a WR2 1.15 at some point in my future. Like you, I'd prefer the option of being able to use it for consecutive day stretches.
After a short week of owning the WR1, I can say I prefer the WR2. It may be as simple as preferring the SB over the OC, but for the time being, I am enjoying the variety. I can say confidently that you will enjoy owning the WR2 1.15SB as a daily razor.

After a short week of owning the WR1, I can say I prefer the WR2. It may be as simple as preferring the SB over the OC, but for the time being, I am enjoying the variety. I can say confidently that you will enjoy owning the WR2 1.15SB as a daily razor.
My thoughts exactly. I have the WR2 in 1.15 and 1.25, along with a WR1 in .80 OC. The 1.15 is my favorite by far, but I have predominantly been using the WR1 .80 OC since I got it. Its been a couple of months. I am sure I will go back to the 1.15 in some time. And when i do, I will be amazed at how awesome it is! I did this same routine when I received my 1.25. I didnt touch the 1.15 for a couple of months. And when i went back to it, i was amazed at how awesome the 1.15 was. But the 1.25 is great too. So at some point I need to figure out which one of these Wolfs dont make the cut and boot it to the BST. But for now, I am really enjoying the variety! For my next one, i want a WR2 1.55. That should reveal a lot about which razors to keep and which to sell. For now I sell none of them. :)

Hannah's Dad

My thoughts exactly. I have the WR2 in 1.15 and 1.25, along with a WR1 in .80 OC. The 1.15 is my favorite by far, but I have predominantly been using the WR1 .80 OC since I got it. Its been a couple of months. I am sure I will go back to the 1.15 in some time. And when i do, I will be amazed at how awesome it is! I did this same routine when I received my 1.25. I didnt touch the 1.15 for a couple of months. And when i went back to it, i was amazed at how awesome the 1.15 was. But the 1.25 is great too. So at some point I need to figure out which one of these Wolfs dont make the cut and boot it to the BST. But for now, I am really enjoying the variety! For my next one, i want a WR2 1.55. That should reveal a lot about which razors to keep and which to sell. For now I sell none of them. :)
The 1.55 will impress you with its smoothness (despite the gap). Just don’t expect much hair 24 hours later.:straight:

Blazing Saddles is actually a favorite of mine and my mom.
Same! My Mother loves the worst parts too.
I won't derail this fine thread any further than to share a bit of trivia about the movie:
One of the best things about Blazing Saddles is that they tricked the Musician into performing the main theme! I can't remember for sure, but I think he wrote it also. Every time the main theme plays and he sings passionately about our hero, I get an extra chuckle knowing he is being serious!

Top Bottom