What's new

Wolfman WR2 vs WR1 Comparison

Good to see you, my friend. :)
Good to see you back on here Tom! Hope retirement is treating you well my friend :)
Thank you gentlemen. Retired at the end of May, will be moving to Spain in a month with Mrs. It's Hedley and a few suitcases. It has been a busy time. The most important part of the move has been dialing in my shaving kit, now complete and ready for travel!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thank you gentlemen. Retired at the end of May, will be moving to Spain in a month with Mrs. It's Hedley and a few suitcases. It has been a busy time. The most important part of the move has been dialing in my shaving kit, now complete and ready for travel!
Congratulations on your retirement. Prayers and best wishes sent for health, happiness and prosperity as you embark on this wonderful new adventure! :)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Congrats on your retirement....

Our oldest son and his wife are digital nomads.. they are in Croatia for a year at least. They started out in Spain... then Portugal and now, as I said... Croatia.

Gents, I've had my WR2 1.25 for about a week now, having purchased it from another B&B member. I'm still on the Wolfman list and anticipate about 3 more months. If I were to go for a WR1 (I have three months to think about it) and I want something different than my WR2 in terms of feel, I'm curious about options and recommendations.

I've read on the Wolfman Wednesday thread many thoughts about what would be equivalent, but I don't think I want equivalent. Wouldn't that be redundancy? If I were to consider something a tad more efficient or a tad more blade feel than my WR2 1.25, I'm guessing it would be a 0.74 or 0.80 or perhaps 0.67 OC. I've never used and OC razor and I'm doubtful that I'd want to take a high-dollar leap of faith and order a WR1 in OC, but curious nonetheless.

Of course my best option is just to bypass the list when my name comes up, if I continue to be completely happy with my current WR2, which for now, I definitely am.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Gents, I've had my WR2 1.25 for about a week now, having purchased it from another B&B member. I'm still on the Wolfman list and anticipate about 3 more months. If I were to go for a WR1 (I have three months to think about it) and I want something different than my WR2 in terms of feel, I'm curious about options and recommendations.

I've read on the Wolfman Wednesday thread many thoughts about what would be equivalent, but I don't think I want equivalent. Wouldn't that be redundancy? If I were to consider something a tad more efficient or a tad more blade feel than my WR2 1.25, I'm guessing it would be a 0.74 or 0.80 or perhaps 0.67 OC. I've never used and OC razor and I'm doubtful that I'd want to take a high-dollar leap of faith and order a WR1 in OC, but curious nonetheless.

Of course my best option is just to bypass the list when my name comes up, if I continue to be completely happy with my current WR2, which for now, I definitely am.
You likely will not get greater ‘efficiency’ with a WR1 equal or lower than an .86; you will get, however, more blade ‘feel’ in those gaps.

The WR2 1.25 is highly efficient, despite its smoothness. To avoid redundancy in efficiency, you’ll want to choose either more … or less. To get more efficiency, you’ll probably want at least an .86. To get less (than the 1.25), you might choose a .67 or .74 (or even a custom gap).

By its design, the WR1 will give you more blade feel than the WR2. The efficiency scale is not an exact science and opinions and experiences vary, as they should. You may have to pull a trigger or two or three before you find Goldilocks.

Last edited:

I have a WR1 .86 OC and a WR2 1.25 SB—both in stainless. I shave with these almost exclusively. I alternate every other week with each, and have been using them for a few years. I know these razors pretty well.

I consider them roughly equivalent in terms of efficiency. I can shave with them every day, and each is at the upper end for efficiency for me for every day use.

If you want more efficiency, you might want to go up to .94 in the WR1.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy

Congratulations on your retirement!

Congratulations! We’ve missed seeing you around.

Congrats Tom to you and Mrs Hedley! Enjoy my friend

.86...I salute you! I'm trying to tame my .74. Beautiful razors though.
Agree with this.

I have a 0.74 DC razor and I prefer the OC side, but it is juuusst a little bit more blade feel than I generally like, and juuust a tiny bit more aggressive than I generally prefer.

I feel like I would absolutely love a smaller gap OC WR-1. Maybe even the 0.4-something or the 0.5-something.

Top Bottom