What's new

Wolfman WR2 vs BBS-1

First try with the Wolfman WR2. Figured a comparison shave with the BBS-1 would be the way to go.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any WR1 gaps to compare to? Or a GC .68? I hope it isnt as mild as that. I have a Geurilla which is about the same gap and i would definitly take the Guerilla.
WR1 .80 OC is pretty damn smooth to me too.

The gap on the WR2 is .92mm the bbs1 is 1.0mm

I would compare it closest in between the .74 and .80 Wolfman in aggressiveness. (I have tried every gap by wolfman). Not even close to being as mild as a GC .68 or guerilla which I also own.

It’s extremely close to the bbs-1. Like scary close in terms of efficiently and shave quality.

Well done.

I have one on the way and I'm looking forward to comparing the two myself. If Joe doesn't mind I'll share some thoughts here as well once I'm able to do so.

Well done.

I have one on the way and I'm looking forward to comparing the two myself. If Joe doesn't mind I'll share some thoughts here as well once I'm able to do so.

The more the merrier in my opinion. All thoughts are welcome:)

I still need to use it a few more times.

Here are the differences that a friend posted on another forum after speaking with James at Wolfman Razors:

- The outside cap radius was changed to a smaller radius, matching the WR1 cap.
- The inside of the cap is completely different.
- Overall head length is longer, matching the WR1
- The thickness of the base plate center portion increased by .5mm
- The thickness of the solid bar guard increased significantly
- Solid bar slots are now angled
- Handle recess added
- Engraving changed to match WR1
- Weight of the head is 34g (about 7g increase)
- Bevels added to soften edges, helpful for sanding by hand
- Blade bevels on base plate widened
- Bar guard "combs" do not extend to the edges

Blade geometry was not changed significantly from previous design.

Here are the differences that a friend posted on another forum after speaking with James at Wolfman Razors:

- The outside cap radius was changed to a smaller radius, matching the WR1 cap.
- The inside of the cap is completely different.
- Overall head length is longer, matching the WR1
- The thickness of the base plate center portion increased by .5mm
- The thickness of the solid bar guard increased significantly
- Solid bar slots are now angled
- Handle recess added
- Engraving changed to match WR1
- Weight of the head is 34g (about 7g increase)
- Bevels added to soften edges, helpful for sanding by hand
- Blade bevels on base plate widened
- Bar guard "combs" do not extend to the edges

Blade geometry was not changed significantly from previous design.

Thanks for the detailed comparison! :a14::a14:

Thanks for a great review. I like the WR1 .74 for days with a little stubble and the 94 when I need to mow down a a 2 day beard.

Update: 4 shaves with both razors side by side:
The WR2 is definitely less aggressive. Notice how I didn't say milder. It's still an aggressive razor by all means. It seems to glide smoother than the BBS-1 with the changes to the top cap and blade guards giving it a tad less blade feel. BBS-1 still feels more aggressive and seems I can "feel" the blade a little better if that makes sense.

Is it as efficient a razor as the BBS1? Now that you have some shaves for comparison

Mark, I don’t have a BBS-1 but I can add some perspective - the WR2 is smoother(even with a bit more blade feel) but less efficient than the Ti2 imo. To be fair, that drop in efficiency may be my fault as I only have a few shaves in. At this point I’d say it’s closer to the Barbaros TR2 in efficiency. (Again, this could be me & if so I’ll update this thread next week!)

Mark, I don’t have a BBS-1 but I can add some perspective - the WR2 is smoother(even with a bit more blade feel) but less efficient than the Ti2 imo. To be fair, that drop in efficiency may be my fault as I only have a few shaves in. At this point I’d say it’s closer to the Barbaros TR2 in efficiency. (Again, this could be me & if so I’ll update this thread next week!)
Thank You, that helps me as I have the Ti2. I look forward to more reviews from all of you to help me decide if I should keep checking the site.

Is it as efficient a razor as the BBS1? Now that you have some shaves for comparison
I think it's just as efficient, just a tad milder. The BBS-1 has more blade feel in my opinion.
Now that there are more gaps and an OC and DC available I'm interested to see some feedback. I for one will wait and let some others join in on the fun. Plus, I can't stay by the computer or constantly refresh my phone anymore. I may in-fact go insane.

Thank You, that helps me as I have the Ti2. I look forward to more reviews from all of you to help me decide if I should keep checking the site.
I have Paradigm T2 as well. The WR2 is more efficient in my opinion. I think the Paradigm is a great razor, the finish is perfect and the shave is great. I just feel that for $400 it should be more aggressive. At that price point most of the guys purchasing them are experienced wet shavers and want a more aggressive razor as they have mastered the skill. The TI2 seems it was made to please the masses.
That's why I like razor companies that offer different gaps. If I'm going to drop some cash I want something that will fit my preference.

I now have 2 shaves in with the WR2 thanks to @loot who graciously is letting me try his. I think it is an extremely smooth razor in the standard gap I would like a little more efficiency and I think if I can ever get one I would like the largest gap but my initial impression is that it is smoother than the WR1 and the efficiency seems to be equal to the standard gap WR1. I really like how the blade is loaded with the corner posts that has to take some precise engineering

Top Bottom