What's new

FS Wolfman WR2, Custom Feather DX by Max Sprecher, KAI Excelia

Status
Not open for further replies.
REALLY hate to sell this, but have to fund something else (non-shaving related).

Razor is like-new and comes with the original box and cleaning cloth. I've always had a washer on it.

To avoid any confusion, this is the more expensive stain finish. I think it's James' nicest finish, even more so than his mirror polish. There's just something special about this satin finish which is hard to explain and hard to capture on photos.

To those who are unfamiliar with the satin finish, James first polishes the razor to a mirror polish, and then he lightly brushes it to give it the satin look. Those brush markings are more evident on the bottom of the top cap and bottom of the base plate. My camera picks them up a lot more than the human eye does.

Handle is the standard 90mm length, solid WRH2

Price: $615

Will ship insured and will require a signature upon delivery.

No trades please (see first line of this listing)

sVHLjAXl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've hardly used this at all since I prefer the non-folding version. Pictures don't do this justice. Scales are Abalone scales by Max Sprecher. Max is a genius and is the best at what he does.To my knowledge, this is the only DX he's customized. Razor is in perfect condition and comes with original packaging.

Price: $350
No trades please.

OowMWjjl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
REALLY hate to sell this, but have to fund something else (non-shaving related).

Razor is like-new and comes with the original box and cleaning cloth. I've always had a washer on it.

To avoid any confusion, this is the more expensive stain finish. I think it's James' nicest finish, even more so than his mirror polish. There's just something special about this satin finish which is hard to explain and hard to capture on photos.

To those who are unfamiliar with the satin finish, James first polishes the razor to a mirror polish, and then he lightly brushes it to give it the satin look. Those brush markings are more evident on the bottom of the top cap and bottom of the base plate. My camera picks them up a lot more than the human eye does.

Handle is the standard 90mm length, solid WRH2

Price: $615

Will ship insured and will require a signature upon delivery.

No trades please (see first line of this listing)

View attachment 1262521
Very nice.

That Kai looks amazing. Not sure of the right words for this, but is it honed barbershop style, used only on one side?

That Kai looks amazing. Not sure of the right words for this, but is it honed barbershop style, used only on one side?
The Kai is similar to the Feather DX in that it takes artist club blades. You can use both sides. It's a beauty. Another razor that I'll be buying again in the future. In fact, everything I'm listing are things that I'll end up buying again.

That Sprecher-scaled DX is gorgeous. I use folding replaceable-blade straight razors for every shave, and am going to have custom scales made for one of them soon. Never tried the DX. All my razors have a "bump" near the edge, of various sizes.

I wish I were in the market, but with some recent home improvement projects, I have to bow out of this one. GLWTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom