What's new

Wolfman WR2 Adjustable

*Edited description*

Today I get to try a lower gap Wolfman WR2 than I ever have. The .75 is lower than his standard range, and I sure did like it. It's on loan from HD Shaves, who was so kind to let me try it out. And trying SW Labyrinth for the first time.

Razor: Wolfman - WR2 Dual Comb .75 Polished
Blade: Gillette - Platinum (7)
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts - Labyrinth
Brush: Semogue - Owner's Club Taj (65 uses)

*Razor and Blade Notes*

Wolfman - WR2 Dual Comb .75 Polished - Gillette - Platinum (7 uses)

To have fun with this Dual Comb (my first use of one), I'm going to be working with different scenarios to see if I learn anything new. Today's is the more typical that someone might have a DC for... the knocking down of longer growth (here, 2 days), and then the solid bar is for the rest of the shave. (I'll also say that my experience has been that I never need to use a more aggressive razor/setting to knock down extra growth. Any of my mild razors work great at taking down tons of extra growth.) I do have razor and blade combos that can knock down this much growth without any tugging at all. This one didn't quite hit that mark, but a bit of tugging is kinda to be expected generally. Felt a bit of blade on the cheeks, despite this gap being relatively low. But it was controlled and comfortable and still nice and efficient. The neck felt a little more of the edge since it's more sensitive.

I could see going even milder still. Maybe .65 would be my jam, at least .70 would. But I definitely like the .75 better than the .85 that I have. It is still perfectly efficient at cutting, while having more comfort.

**Shave Quality**

During the Shave Feel

Cheeks: Felt blade but comfortable
Neck: Just a little tugging

After the Shave Closeness

Cheeks: Near BBS - About as close as I'll ever get
Neck: Cut flush to where I just see the tips (above average for me)

*Edited description*

Today I get to try a lower gap Wolfman WR2 than I ever have. The .75 is lower than his standard range, and I sure did like it. It's on loan from HD Shaves, who was so kind to let me try it out. And trying SW Labyrinth for the first time.

Razor: Wolfman - WR2 Dual Comb .75 Polished
Blade: Gillette - Platinum (7)
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts - Labyrinth
Brush: Semogue - Owner's Club Taj (65 uses)

*Razor and Blade Notes*

Wolfman - WR2 Dual Comb .75 Polished - Gillette - Platinum (7 uses)

To have fun with this Dual Comb (my first use of one), I'm going to be working with different scenarios to see if I learn anything new. Today's is the more typical that someone might have a DC for... the knocking down of longer growth (here, 2 days), and then the solid bar is for the rest of the shave. (I'll also say that my experience has been that I never need to use a more aggressive razor/setting to knock down extra growth. Any of my mild razors work great at taking down tons of extra growth.) I do have razor and blade combos that can knock down this much growth without any tugging at all. This one didn't quite hit that mark, but a bit of tugging is kinda to be expected generally. Felt a bit of blade on the cheeks, despite this gap being relatively low. But it was controlled and comfortable and still nice and efficient. The neck felt a little more of the edge since it's more sensitive.

I could see going even milder still. Maybe .65 would be my jam, at least .70 would. But I definitely like the .75 better than the .85 that I have. It is still perfectly efficient at cutting, while having more comfort.

**Shave Quality**

During the Shave Feel

Cheeks: Felt blade but comfortable
Neck: Just a little tugging

After the Shave Closeness

Cheeks: Near BBS - About as close as I'll ever get
Neck: Cut flush to where I just see the tips (above average for me)
Now we're talkin'! :a14: I'm looking forward to getting an SB dual gap of the lowest two settings available next February...hopefully .75/.85 to use as a daily driver on my sensitive skin. My beard is only average coarseness, so I have no doubt that whatever James produces will get the job done!

Not tempted by the idea of the .65 then! Or maybe just go for a mild WR3... I'm testing out the 0.40 right now
I would be happy to try a .65 but I'm not into the Big Blade Theory.

wr3.jpg

Top Bottom