What's new

Wolfman WR2 1.15 SB: First Shave Assessment

Thanks for getting this thread started, the good review and all the other information @herbert7890. I went ahead and waitlisted myself for WR2 1.25 as well. Won't be getting it till 2021 for sure but figured, why not. I did the 1.25 as I love my recently purchased Blackland Blackbird but could definitely use something slightly less aggressive. Seems like the 1.15 or 1.25 may be a good fit but I went with 1.25.

Just curious about the follow-up process as well. Do they just email me when they are ready to start preparing my order and go over the details? Do I pay at that time or would I need to pay now?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Thanks for getting this thread started, the good review and all the other information @herbert7890. I went ahead and waitlisted myself for WR2 1.25 as well. Won't be getting it till 2021 for sure but figured, why not. I did the 1.25 as I love my recently purchased Blackland Blackbird but could definitely use something slightly less aggressive. Seems like the 1.15 or 1.25 may be a good fit but I went with 1.25.

Just curious about the follow-up process as well. Do they just email me when they are ready to start preparing my order and go over the details? Do I pay at that time or would I need to pay now?
Nice choice! You just wait for the next email wherein you can make any order changes and you’ll get invoiced at that time. Rates on a 12 month CD look favorable!

Nice choice! You just wait for the next email wherein you can make any order changes and you’ll get invoiced at that time. Rates on a 12 month CD look favorable!

LOL.

Will the email be at a time closer to when they are ready to start building the razor? Or will it be sooner (as in the next few days)?

Thanks.

Glad it served to help a bit! I strongly believe the 1.25 will still be less aggressive than the blackbird, so it will fit you perfectly for your needs. They will email you when your turn is up (at that time you can either confirm your order as-is or do any changes (change gap, handle, finish, etc), then they send you an invoice, you pay, and then it takes around 2 weeks for them to make and ship the razor to you.

I strongly recommend upgrading to UPS shipping, as my last order took 3 weeks with his normal delivery with Canada Post ( I think is around 10 extra for UPS)

It will be when they’re ready to build your razor — you’ve got time to obses—I mean assess your preferences.
LOL. This waitlist will work out beautifully. I have bought 3 Blackland's, an ATT and Rockwell in the last 3.5 months. The wife knows this. By the time my name comes up, the weather will be milder .. ha ha.

My wife just rolls her eyes (mostly with all the golf stuff I buy), i dont spend too much on wetshaving anymore (maybe 2 Stainless razors a year, or less. At the beginning yes, it was a money drain lol

My wife just rolls her eyes (mostly with all the golf stuff I buy), i dont spend too much on wetshaving anymore (maybe 2 Stainless razors a year, or less. At the beginning yes, it was a money drain lol
Well. Why do you think I got so much into the shaving stuff. It was mainly because of COVID-19 resulting in temporary golf course closures in our area.

She was just saying the other day that I stopped buying golf stuff but now I buy shaving stuff instead .. :D

Glad it served to help a bit! I strongly believe the 1.25 will still be less aggressive than the blackbird, so it will fit you perfectly for your needs. They will email you when your turn is up (at that time you can either confirm your order as-is or do any changes (change gap, handle, finish, etc), then they send you an invoice, you pay, and then it takes around 2 weeks for them to make and ship the razor to you.

I strongly recommend upgrading to UPS shipping, as my last order took 3 weeks with his normal delivery with Canada Post ( I think is around 10 extra for UPS)

I've got a Blackbird OC and a WR2 1.35 OC. The Blackbird is definitely more blade-forward than the 1.35, on my face.

After 3 shaves with it, I conclude the 1.15 is too mild for me, just placed in the BST for trade, for a 1.25 or higher GAP in SB, in case anyone wants to trade.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
It doesn’t for me. My 1.15 is definitely more efficient than my T95, and just as smooth.
Same! My 1.15 wr2 is more efficient than my 95 timeless. And smoother too. I use a super steep angle with the wr2. The blackbird sb and OC were just a little too much razor for me, so I recently sold it. The wr2 at 1.15 is just right. Even so, I jumped back on the list for a 1.25. :)

Really curious to hear how people compare the 1.25 WR2 to the Blackbird SB. I am definitely looking for something that is slightly milder than the Blackbird and potentially become my daily driver. Or part of my daily rotation anyway .. :D

Top Bottom