What's new

Wolfman WR2 0.75 vs 0.85

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The use effect of cnc double-sided knife holder is better than that of antique gem. Theoretically, the blades of ac and gem are better than double-sided blades. The use effect of la faulex has begun to surpass that of cnc double-sided, and it is more comfortable to shave.
So, your wr2 .95 was forgotten!:c1:
I've been using AC razors from the very start of my wet shaving journey.. The first razor I bought and still use in an AC razor... and you are quite right... I've said it repeatedly... the La Faulx just might be the best razor I've ever used over this past 2 years, in either bronze or stainless steel.

I've been using AC razors from the very start of my wet shaving journey.. The first razor I bought and still use in an AC razor... and you are quite right... I've said it repeatedly... the La Faulx just might be the best razor I've ever used over this past 2 years, in either bronze or stainless steel.
AC is good, and so is gem.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
An update: I shaved with my bronze WR2 0.95 earlier this morning. It was stellar. I came to the conclusion that I hadn’t reached for it because of the new razors that showed up recently.

After the shave, I have no reason to try a milder gap WR2. The shave was relaxing, smooth, comfortable yet close. I’ll check later but it feels like a 12 hour shave at the moment.

An update: I shaved with my bronze WR2 0.95 earlier this morning. It was stellar. I came to the conclusion that I hadn’t reached for it because of the new razors that showed up recently.

After the shave, I have no reason to try a milder gap WR2. The shave was relaxing, smooth, comfortable yet close. I’ll check later but it feels like a 12 hour shave at the moment.
This has been a good thread for me

I had a .95 and a 1.15
was doing 3 pass the 1.15 I could only do a few days and had to break
the .95 I was fine with BUT if I had a bad day I had to have a break
BUT now doing a 2 pass I am not sure the .95 would get out of hand

kinda wish I just kept the .95 longer now but oh well :)

that said the 1.15 was fun to use so I keep thinking my grail razor could be a .85/1.05 and doing a 2 pass :)

I love my timeless but the Wolfman was amazing and kinda want to try that dual .85/1.05 like two razors in one :)

I agree. The lower gap is key for confort when used atg. .85/1.05 should be an excellent choice.
YUP
the Timeless Ti .68 was more comfy than my wolfman .95 not as efficient but my timeless .68 does the job I just want comfort and some efficiency
but the wolfman .95 was so comfy for how efficient something about the Wolfman are amazing

BUT sometimes I want a touch more efficiency for doing 2 pass that I do now as I found I prefer that over the 3 pass I used to

I have even wondered if a wolfman .75/.95 would do me better
want to try a .95 for my timeless (for that efficiency) my end goal is one perfect razor that fits the job every day and that might be a dual side I reckon

question for you with the .75/.85 do you notice much difference between the two or they so close you can barely tell or enough that it was worth it
I guess my original .95 and 1.15 razor I thought jumping a gap was the better way to for more difference?
and maybe afraid the .75/.85 would not have been enough of a difference

and one more question :)
would you get that dual again or JUST a single .75 or single .85 ?

I value confort over efficiency. There is a significant difference between .75 vs .85 in the atg. Certainly more than the .85 vs .95. But the .95 is certainly efficient and smooth wtg as the 1.05. (I do have the .95 and 1.05 Which I rarely use). I am happy with the .75/.85, but if you are looking for more efficiency and comfort, probably .75/.95 could be an option = best for atg/wtg. I also have both Timeless, and the .95 does not agree with my face. I find the Timeless .68 ss/cc excellent.

I value confort over efficiency. There is a significant difference between .75 vs .85 in the atg. Certainly more than the .85 vs .95. But the .95 is certainly efficient and smooth wtg as the 1.05. (I do have the .95 and 1.05 Which I rarely use). I am happy with the .75/.85, but if you are looking for more efficiency and comfort, probably .75/.95 could be an option = best for atg/wtg. I also have both Timeless, and the .95 does not agree with my face. I find the Timeless .68 ss/cc excellent.
Thanks
Since I had the wolfman .95 and a 1.15 but sold them

my daily is the Timeless Ti .68 since you have one any comparison to your current .75/.85
what single gap of your Wolfman is closest to this in comfort ? And also which one for efficiency ?
or maybe to ask is the .75 more efficient than the timeless .68 ?
And is the wolfman more comfortable over all better to you :)

I know its personal of course but trying to get a idea and does seem we value comfort over efficiency
my Timeless I would like a touch more efficiency is the ATG as it sometimes is not quite enough and I do have to do a clean up pass or two in a small area

The .95 is more efficiente than the Timeless .68 and as comfortable wtg. I have to pay more attention when using the 1.05. The problem for me is the atg pass. And this is where the .75 excels. The .75 is relatively close in performance to the Timeless, but smoother atg. Between the .95 and 1.05 which worked best for you wtg? I would choose one of the two + the 0.75 as dual gap. Personally, if I would not have had the .95, I would have chosen the .75/.95 combo.

Interesting thread. Nearly all of the discussion on this razor has veered toward higher and higher gaps. I had been considering a 1.35 to augment my 1.15. Now I'm thinking of going the other way.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
@Mr. Shavington has reviewed his WR2 0.95, 1.35 and 1.55 fairly extensively. His take is the original design, the 0.95 is very smooth and comfortable... the middle ranges are not as smooth and comfortable... the higher gaps, while having different shaving angles for the sweet spot, are smooth and comfortable like the 0.95. As always, it's one of those YMMV but I have trusted his judgment for quite some time now and when I take his advice, I've never regretted a razor purchase.

That said, there are those, like many in this thread, for whom the 0.95 can be too much... a bit too efficient... It's nice the lower gaps are available for those of you who require them. The smoothness and comfort level doesn't seem to suffer.

This is one of the reasons why B&B is so valuable. Over time, we meet people who share the same needs as we do... When we compare notes, we end up with more satisfying shaves. It doesn't matter where in the price spectrum this happens... or what genre of razor: Vintage, Modern low cost razors, Modern mid-priced razors, High End razors.... And all other things we use.. brushes, soaps... the list goes on.

@Mr. Shavington has reviewed his WR2 0.95, 1.35 and 1.55 fairly extensively. His take is the original design, the 0.95 is very smooth and comfortable... the middle ranges are not as smooth and comfortable... the higher gaps, while having different shaving angles for the sweet spot, are smooth and comfortable like the 0.95. As always, it's one of those YMMV but I have trusted his judgment for quite some time now and when I take his advice, I've never regretted a razor purchase.

That said, there are those, like many in this thread, for whom the 0.95 can be too much... a bit too efficient... It's nice the lower gaps are available for those of you who require them. The smoothness and comfort level doesn't seem to suffer.

This is one of the reasons why B&B is so valuable. Over time, we meet people who share the same needs as we do... When we compare notes, we end up with more satisfying shaves. It doesn't matter where in the price spectrum this happens... or what genre of razor: Vintage, Modern low cost razors, Modern mid-priced razors, High End razors.... And all other things we use.. brushes, soaps... the list goes on.
Why not try a WR1 this go around for something a little different? Just a suggestion as I don’t currently have either.

Why not try a WR1 this go around for something a little different? Just a suggestion as I don’t currently have either.
An option. There are good reviews for the .48 gap. Personally I find the wr1 .61 oc not as comfortable as the wr2 .95cc.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'd have to spend time researching the WR1 as I know next to nothing about it... I'll just get the handle and razor stand this time. I'll use the lighter handle on my Bayonetta and Timeless Bronze 0.38.

I think my razor acquisition phase is about over. This doesn't mean one won't pop up from time to time that garners my interest, but at the moment, other than perhaps a Lambda Ares and Theo's razor stands, when he releases them, I have nothing on my radar.. no "must buy"s lingering.

I did pick up a couple AC barber razors, so I have 4 very nice ones that I'll try to learn how to use over the next few months.

The .95 is more efficiente than the Timeless .68 and as comfortable wtg. I have to pay more attention when using the 1.05. The problem for me is the atg pass. And this is where the .75 excels. The .75 is relatively close in performance to the Timeless, but smoother atg. Between the .95 and 1.05 which worked best for you wtg? I would choose one of the two + the 0.75 as dual gap. Personally, if I would not have had the .95, I would have chosen the .75/.95 combo.
My WTG the 1.15 I had was amazing and made less ATG to then cut
I think the issue with my timeless Ti .68 is that the WTG while super comfy leaves to much to then cut ATG and its that having to do clean up on that area I feel it the most not bad by any means but I can tell

IF I used the 1.15 for the complete shave it would slowly build to that point where I had to take a break from it go to a super mild razor as was to much ATG

the .95 wolfman I could use daily but as I said IF I had a bad day it could get out of hand and the only way to calm my face down was to go to my timeless
and now that I am doing 2 pass I do not think the .95 would ever get out of hand BUT if I decide to go back to 3 pass later I know I have to have something just under that

but I was doing 3 pass and these days I found the XTG really did not matter in the end so I just skip it now and can get to the same spot with just some diagonal clean up passes but I find just a DFS feel is OK with me and let go of that BBS shave for the sake of my face feeling better :)

the fact the .68 timeless and the .75 wolfman seem close enough maybe a .75/.95 would be the better option :)

the only thing fun about the 1.15 was that more blade feel at times and just how efficient it was BUT also something that DID catch up to me

I think either way when I decide to get another dual wolfman either option I choose is going to be awesome and I wont go wrong as having those two before I know how great they are for comfort with efficiency

Also since I can get a dual gap I might as well have two options in one razor

Top Bottom