What's new

Wolfman wr1 .68 vs.74

My wolfman number is up and right now am leaning Wr1 .68. I have the .74 already and like it more then my wr2 1.25. Anyone have experience with the wr1 .68? Right now my 2 wolfies are matte but i want basic polish

Some razors I like are the Blackbird, Lupo .72, ATT SSH1/SSR1, Charcoal goods lvl 2 for some context

Last edited:
I have a .74sb and a .61oc. From my understanding, the .67 has the same blade exposure as the .61. For ME, the .74 is the perfect gap; very smooth and very efficient. The 61 lacks the efficiency I want. I understand the 61 and the 67 don't shave exactly the same but the same blade exposure would give me pause on getting a 67. What about a 1.35 WR2?

Hmm that's what i was worried about on the smaller wr1 gaps. The problem i have with the wr2 is I can't feel the blade for head shaving which= a few knicks on some occasions. Does the wr2 1.35 have more blade feel?

I think the 0.67 will be similar to the 0.74 WR1. I have used the 0.74, never the 0.67.

What do you like about the 0.74 and what do you want from your next wolfie? I have a 0.86 WR1 that I found more efficient and smoother than the 0.74 but not sure you want more efficient. I think the 1.45-1.55 WR2s likely have more blade-feel, but will be more efficient than the 0.74.

If you like the 0.74 and enjoy some blade-feel, the Blackland Blackbird might be a good razor for you.

I think the 0.67 will be similar to the 0.74 WR1. I have used the 0.74, never the 0.67.

What do you like about the 0.74 and what do you want from your next wolfie? I have a 0.86 WR1 that I found more efficient and smoother than the 0.74 but not sure you want more efficient. I think the 1.45-1.55 WR2s likely have more blade-feel, but will be more efficient than the 0.74.

If you like the 0.74 and enjoy some blade-feel, the Blackland Blackbird might be a good razor for you.

I do have a blackbird and I love it....top 5 razors in my den. I wanted to see if the new wolfman would give me good efficiency, with some blade feel, but not be overpowering such as a .95 razorock lupo for one example for me.

I ordered a wr1. 74 sb with 2 handles. I plan to sell the matte finish one day. Thanks for the info guys

Last edited:
I do have a blackbird and I love it....top 5 razors in my den. I wanted to see if the new wolfman would give me good efficiency, with some blade feel, but not be overpowering such as a .95 razorock lupo for one example for me.

I ordered a wr1. 74 sb with 2 handles. I plan to sell the matte finish one day. Thanks for the info guys

Good move IMO!! Let us know how things work out (PLEASE).

Top Bottom