What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
So, if pressed, what is the collective opinion on what a poor man's Rocnel Sailor would be? The Pearl Flexi?

Same question for a Wolfman? What would be a poor man's Wolfman?

It’s Wednesday! SS WR2 1.25 SB with first use Perma-Sharp blade.
4334CE1A-A417-454D-8383-DC580857C160.jpeg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Wolman Wednesday
OC SOTD

Razor:
WR2 0.95/GC84OC
Blade: Feather(2) Wizamet(3)
Brush: Rudy Vey STM25
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
ASL: Layrite No9
20220621_221607[1].jpg

For today's shave I decided to use my GC84OC on the first N-S pass as I am trying to even up the jawline of my beard.

The GC84OC is an efficient razor with enough blade feel to let you know where it is, which makes it great for trimming a beard line back a little. It is also one of my smoothest OC razors.

Switching to my WR2 0.95 for the second pass, this time S-N, was so comfortable I started to giggle. It is just that much smoother and comfortable.

The Rudy Vey STM25 is a truly wonderful brush, super soft and really delivers the lather.

The finishing products of Which hazel, Layrite No9, and Nivea balm left me with a smile.

~doug~

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thanks- I have a feeling that purchasing new (WM or Sailor) is not likely something I can do, but I’m going to be patient in the hopes of seeing one in the BST section someday. In the interim, I’m reading some great things about the Rex Konsul, which also has piqued my curiosity.

The Konsul is an interesting razor.

5-9-22.Konsul.MysticWaters.Mixed.Weird.640.JPG

I've not used mine enough to have much to say very much about it. Here are a link or two to my shaves with the Konsul. If you're interested in the razor and need a very smooth low setting with very low blade feel the Konsul might not suit you, but I'm certainly not saying your whiskers and skin are anything like mine.

Happy shaves,

Jim

WR2 1.25
German Wilkie
RR 24mm Synthetic
Noble Otter: THE NOIR ET VANILLE

Yeah not Wednesday anymore but its been a while since I posted. Had such an amazing shave with the WR2 1.25 last night I had to share. I do not shave daily anymore and can take anywhere between 2-5 days between shaves. Not really sure why as I still thoroughly enjoy shaving..

last night was 5 days without a shave and the WR2 sorted out that growth with minimal prep which resulted in sublime BBS goodness :)

20220623_164040.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
WR2 1.25
German Wilkie
RR 24mm Synthetic
Noble Otter: THE NOIR ET VANILLE

Yeah not Wednesday anymore but its been a while since I posted. Had such an amazing shave with the WR2 1.25 last night I had to share. I do not shave daily anymore and can take anywhere between 2-5 days between shaves. Not really sure why as I still thoroughly enjoy shaving..

last night was 5 days without a shave and the WR2 sorted out that growth with minimal prep which resulted in sublime BBS goodness :)

View attachment 1477207
I call myself an every other day shaver... but sometimes, a few extra days get stuck in there for no real good reason.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Wolfman Wednesday
SOTD

Razor:
WR2 0.95
Blade: Wizamet (4)
Brush: RV 2022 Contributor's Brush (Mühle STF 25)
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
ASL: VIBR
20220628_092607[1].jpg

I know it's Tuesday, but I needed a shave, and I won't need to shave for another three days now.
It's shaves like this that remind me why I bought this razor. Simply wonderful.

~doug~

Top Bottom