What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

1.25 and a Wizzy IS.

IMG_2968.jpg

Wow third time going with the wolfman wr2 1.0 blade gap. First time I went with wizamet blade that was rather painful. Second shave was brand new feather. It was smoother shave when I went with the grain and across the grain but when I went against the grain it felt very similar like scaling a fish. May someone can chime in on why that is. And tonight I used the same set up with second use feather BUT instead of against the grain I did another across the grain and I was shocked how good the shave turned out to be.
5C6FFA21-CCDB-4458-A9AA-935BC723120F.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
very nice collection already.. if u don’t mind what’s your opinion of 1.15 v 1.25?
My first thought is Holy Cow! 1.55!
That said, the 1.15 is very very sweet and is going to be hard to beat.
Brad feels the same about his 1.15.

The 1.15 is still my favorite Razor ever. I have purposefully not used it in a long time. I dont use a Wolf every shave. Too many amazing razors to just stick to one razor, or even one brand. But the Wolf is still my favorite. It’s made many other great razors literally unusable for me. But I am not sure I want 4 Wolfman razors. Maybe I do, maybe I don’t. Undecided. In an effort to sort it all out, have been keeping one Wolf in the main rotation for an extended period of time. This is totally atypical for me. I did a month or so with the WR1 .80 OC. Now I’m in the midst of a stint with the WR2 1.25. I will continue to use the 1.25 until the new 1.55 arrives. But the 1.15 is my favorite. It is almost as efficient as the other two, but infinitely smoother. What an amazing shaver.

Regarding the extreme gap of the 1.55… I have talked to too many guys that have told me the 1.55 is nearly as smooth as the 1.15 but much more efficient. And that it is somehow smoother than the 1.25 to 1.45 gaps. Guys I respect. Guys that have had multiple Wolfs. Guys in this very thread. Well, I am going to find out for myself. The razor is bought and paid for. We will see if the stories are true. stand by for a full report. Should be about two weeks until arrival.

The 1.15 is still my favorite Razor ever. I have purposefully not used it in a long time. I dont use a Wolf every shave. Too many amazing razors to just stick to one razor, or even one brand. But the Wolf is still my favorite. It’s made many other great razors literally unusable for me. But I am not sure I want 4 Wolfman razors. Maybe I do, maybe I don’t. Undecided. In an effort to sort it all out, have been keeping one Wolf in the main rotation for an extended period of time. This is totally atypical for me. I did a month or so with the WR1 .80 OC. Now I’m in the midst of a stint with the WR2 1.25. I will continue to use the 1.25 until the new 1.55 arrives. But the 1.15 is my favorite. It is almost as efficient as the other two, but infinitely smoother. What an amazing shaver.

Regarding the extreme gap of the 1.55… I have talked to too many guys that have told me the 1.55 is nearly as smooth as the 1.15 but much more efficient. And that it is somehow smoother than the 1.25 to 1.45 gaps. Guys I respect. Guys that have had multiple Wolfs. Guys in this very thread. Well, I am going to find out for myself. The razor is bought and paid for. We will see if the stories are true. stand by for a full report. Should be about two weeks until arrival.
Interesting! I have a Wolfman purchase parked right now but am considering using it to go up to the 1.55 from my current 1.45.

I also have a Wolfman order on hold, I have no idea what I would get.

Currently have a 1.35 it is very efficient and I can use it everyday, I trade off every other day with my Blackbird, so I am just waiting for their new stuff to come out to see if there is something I can not live without.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Wolfman Wednesday on a Thursday 🐺
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB (CG Copper Bishop Variant Handle)
Blade: Feather (3)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Tyrion (Maggard 24mm SHD Fan Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic EdT Spray
20210923_155529~2.jpg

Superb razor! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

I hope it’s okay. It is my Wednesday after all.
decided to stick a new feather blade in my wolfman and went to work. For the last 7 years I cannot believe it I never paid attention to the amount of pressure I used when i shaved. Tonight I decided to put a sign in front of me “ no pressure dummy “ and it worked. I literally got the best shave tonight from the last 7 years.

Top Bottom