What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

Love it!!!
61064256-9E8B-405D-A180-6018395F78A2.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Shave #2 with a Perma-Sharp, thanks to my friend Brad (@BradWorld ). I really like these blades with the Wolf — efficient and comfortable. Let’s see how long-lasting they are compared to Feather. Thanks again, Brad!

I am very happy you like them Dan! I dont recall who recommended them to me. But when I first got my WR2 1.15 I mentioned that my usual blade selections were not shaving as smoothly as I had hoped. Someone mentioned to use Perma Sharp Gold blades, and I did! Wonderful top tier blade. Its in the top of my rotation now along with Polsilver/Wizamet, and my vintage blade stock.

@J-MN
@Fawkes007
@It's Hedley
@NJDJ
and anyone else with a WR2 in the basic brushed finish

I got my WR2 last week and noticed a few machining marks. Do you think they are typical of the basic finish or am I expecting too much for the budget matte? Most notably on the baseplate, the horizontal lines above and below the flat surface.

IMG_0596.JPG

It doesn't bother me hugely but maybe James is spending less time on this finish now? I don't know, this is my first Wolf in this finish or maybe it was sent out too soon. Looks like the finishing is selective, i.e. you can't tell once the razor is assembled. Other than on the handle where it is a little rough in places. I expected machining marks under the cap and got them.

@J-MN
@Fawkes007
@It's Hedley
@NJDJ

I got my WR2 last week and noticed a few machining marks. Do you think they are typical of the basic finish or am I expecting too much for the budget matte? Most notably on the baseplate, the horizontal lines above and below the flat surface.

View attachment 1247975

It doesn't bother me hugely but maybe James is spending less time on this finish now? I don't know, this is my first Wolf in this finish or maybe it was sent out too soon. Looks like the finishing is selective, i.e. you can't tell once the razor is assembled. Other than on the handle where it is a little rough in places. I expected machining marks under the cap and got them.
I am 55 years young, wear glasses to see and read and would never even think to look so closely at the baseplate of my razor. If I noticed something so off (a significant defect), I would contact James. Otherwise, yes, I think what you have is perfectly acceptable for a basic matte finish. Honestly, even with a your picture blown up on my 27" high definition IMac, I have a hard time seeing the horizontal lines and I don't mean any disrespect. If you can see these lines on the razor without magnification, rejoice, for you have amazing vision!

Sorry it's not the best photo and not easy to see. I just wanted to check if other baseplates are the same, the finish is very nice on the other side.

Does this help?

Baseplate1.png

Sorry it's not the best photo and not easy to see. I just wanted to check if other baseplates are the same, the finish is very nice on the other side.

Does this help?

View attachment 1248011

That looks like more machining marks than my basic brushed, but not sure how consistent he is when making them.

Here are some pictures from when mine was new.
Wolfman - Brushed Basic/Matte Finish Pics - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/wolfman-brushed-basic-matte-finish-pics.588464/

@J-MN
@Fawkes007
@It's Hedley
@NJDJ

View attachment 1247975

I would say it's consistent with the description James provides and similar to mine.

I'm not suggesting it is a fair comparison.

Regardless, I had a great shave with the .95 basic brushed last night.
I've only ever bought the basic polish, but am considering the basic matte for my next Wolf, or may even consider the upgrade to satin, but will probably be too cheap for that. Past the eighth month mark of waiting on this next one.

I've only ever bought the basic polish, but am considering the basic matte for my next Wolf, or may even consider the upgrade to satin, but will probably be too cheap for that. Past the eighth month mark of waiting on this next one.

Does anyone know where we are on the waiting list? Someone on another forum recently said August 25th but can anyone confirm?

My first Wolf on the new system took about the same amount of time but you may want to check in with Tara. No harm in asking where you are on the list.

Satin is very nice and you won't find any marks at all, but it is a high polish finish.

Top Bottom