What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB loaded with a Gillette Platinum:

AD7F463F-7DB5-49D2-8286-8E8995EE63A4.jpeg

There’s a lot I don’t understand about this crazy decade, but I do know today is not Wednesday and I wanted to make my first Wolfman Wednesday post. I've shaved 6 consecutive days this week with the Wolf, experimenting with shimming and rotating through a few of my favorite blades. All shims were made from Feather blades. According to the internet, they’re 0.10 mm thick. So far, I’ve found 2 combinations I really like:

1) WR2 1.15 + 1 shim (simulating WR2 1.25) and a new Feather. Along with the steep angle, I’ve found it particularly gratifying: smooth, crisp, efficient. I do still have to pay attention with that Feather blade.

2) WR2 1.15 + 2 shims (simulating WR2 1.35) and a Gillette Black. For me, this blade is more mild. This is my preferred blade in my Rex Ambassador; the larger gap feels much closer what I’m accustomed to with Rex on 2¼. It’s a smooth, comfortable ride that requires minimal concentration.

I never would’ve anticipated finding the 1.15 so tame and these larger, shimmed gaps so nice. Additional testing awaits before I’m confident in my preferred configuration. It’s sure been a fun ride!

IMG_6755-2.jpg

There’s a lot I don’t understand about this crazy decade, but I do know today is not Wednesday and I wanted to make my first Wolfman Wednesday post. I've shaved 6 consecutive days this week with the Wolf, experimenting with shimming and rotating through a few of my favorite blades. All shims were made from Feather blades. According to the internet, they’re 0.10 mm thick. So far, I’ve found 2 combinations I really like:

1) WR2 1.15 + 1 shim (simulating WR2 1.25) and a new Feather. Along with the steep angle, I’ve found it particularly gratifying: smooth, crisp, efficient. I do still have to pay attention with that Feather blade.

2) WR2 1.15 + 2 shims (simulating WR2 1.35) and a Gillette Black. For me, this blade is more mild. This is my preferred blade in my Rex Ambassador; the larger gap feels much closer what I’m accustomed to with Rex on 2¼. It’s a smooth, comfortable ride that requires minimal concentration.

I never would’ve anticipated finding the 1.15 so tame and these larger, shimmed gaps so nice. Additional testing awaits before I’m confident in my preferred configuration. It’s sure been a fun ride!

View attachment 1225674
I have to agree that the 7 o’clock blacks are a darn good blade for me. I’ve been using it and my 1.55 for months now with awesome results. They are also giving me double digit shaves per blade.

I have to agree that the 7 o’clock blacks are a darn good blade for me. I’ve been using it and my 1.55 for months now with awesome results. They are also giving me double digit shaves per blade.
Nice! I can totally see high shave counts on those blades. I think 5 is my record to date. I find them so mellow, and get even more so as the count rolls on...

Top Bottom