What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

Was on the list and just got the email asking me to confirm/ place order.

It will be a WR2-SB head, but have been debating (and changing my mind back and forth, whilst reading this and several other forums..) between 1.05 and 1.15....

I shave daily (5 or 6 days/ week), and use Timeless Titanium 0.95 SB, or Karve SB-D (and occasionally SB-C, when I need to give my skin a bit of a “break”).
They both seem to offer me best balance between good comfort and smoothness vs efficiency.

Any thoughts or suggestions from the knowledgeable people here greatly appreciated!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Was on the list and just got the email asking me to confirm/ place order.

It will be a WR2-SB head, but have been debating (and changing my mind back and forth, whilst reading this and several other forums..) between 1.05 and 1.15....

I shave daily (5 or 6 days/ week), and use Timeless Titanium 0.95 SB, or Karve SB-D (and occasionally SB-C, when I need to give my skin a bit of a “break”).
They both seem to offer me best balance between good comfort and smoothness vs efficiency.

Any thoughts or suggestions from the knowledgeable people here greatly appreciated!
Before I got my wolf I used a karve SB-d and a timeless 95. I got the 1.15 and found it to be smoother and more efficient than either of those. Just ordered a 1.25 yesterday. Ymmv.

Reactions: DSR
Would be nice if we could try the various gaps without having to decide upfront.

Just went to the website and realize now that the .54 gap for WR1 is relatively the same aggression as the 1.15 for WR2. That answers my question. I didn't realize the gap was so much wider for the WR2 design.

Last edited:
Pre: Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony
Soap: A&E Kaizen

I know it isnt wednesday but had a WR2 breakthrough I wanted to share with you all.

Had a great shave with the WR2 today 😊 Rode the bar quite steep this morning, prior to today with the handle nearly parallel to the face, and this resulted in the smoothest shave with the 1.25 to date. Prior to today i thought i was shaving steep but obviously wasnt steep enough. Even tried the other end of the spectrum with riding the bar but each time, although it was smooth, resulted in many weepers and a little after the shave irritation.

Also added a second XTG pass across the lip area in the opposite direction then went a light ATG. The lip area was my worst with the razor but today the shave was excellent, resulted in BBS without any weepers or irritation.

I think I finally learnt to shave with this razor. If it wasn’t so pretty and good to hold I would of given up a while ago, but so happy I persisted. Will try a feather next!!

IMG_8148.JPG

Before I got my wolf I used a karve SB-d and a timeless 95. I got the 1.15 and found it to be smoother and more efficient than either of those. Just ordered a 1.25 yesterday. Ymmv.
I went with the 1.25 for my first Wolfman and haven’t looked back. I shave every two to three days (typically). Weapons of choice were the elegant ATT Windsor H and the fabulous Blackland Blackbird. Needless to say, my mileage was similar to yours - the Wolf is smoother and more efficient than either of those. You’ll love the 1.25.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Pre: Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony
Soap: A&E Kaizen

I know it isnt wednesday but had a WR2 breakthrough I wanted to share with you all.

Had a great shave with the WR2 today 😊 Rode the bar quite steep this morning, prior to today with the handle nearly parallel to the face, and this resulted in the smoothest shave with the 1.25 to date. Prior to today i thought i was shaving steep but obviously wasnt steep enough. Even tried the other end of the spectrum with riding the bar but each time, although it was smooth, resulted in many weepers and a little after the shave irritation.

Also added a second XTG pass across the lip area in the opposite direction then went a light ATG. The lip area was my worst with the razor but today the shave was excellent, resulted in BBS without any weepers or irritation.

I think I finally learnt to shave with this razor. If it wasn’t so pretty and good to hold I would of given up a while ago, but so happy I persisted. Will try a feather next!!

View attachment 1187447
So was the breakthrough riding the razor very steep (handle parallel to face at 90 degrees blade to face), or riding the cap (handle parallel to floor), or somewhere in beteen?

So was the breakthrough riding the razor very steep (handle parallel to face at 90 degrees blade to face), or riding the cap (handle parallel to floor), or somewhere in beteen?

the breakthrough was using a very steep angle (with the handle close to parallel to my face) and that angle gave me a very smooth blood free shave 👍

I remember you telling me this ages ago and I tried it but the angle I used then wasn’t as steep as it needed to me so was quite an average shave.
I wouldn’t say the handle was parallel to my face but was pretty close, so def very steep.

I agree with @BradWorld . I have no experience with Timeless, but, if you like the Karve D, then I would suggest your minimum WR2 is a 1.15. That's a real minimum though. The D has too much blade feel for me, and I really enjoy the 1.05. If I liked the D, I'd be leaning more to the 1.25. I've read that's it's a real great combo of smoothness and aggressiveness.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I agree with @BradWorld . I have no experience with Timeless, but, if you like the Karve D, then I would suggest your minimum WR2 is a 1.15. That's a real minimum though. The D has too much blade feel for me, and I really enjoy the 1.05. If I liked the D, I'd be leaning more to the 1.25. I've read that's it's a real great combo of smoothness and aggressiveness.
I will let you know in about three weeks. I use a 1.15 now, and have the 1.25 ordered. It’s a nerve wracking thing to decide on a Wolfman config. It’s not like other razors where you can just order up another one right away. You have to live with your decision for up to a year before you can try again.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
the breakthrough was using a very steep angle (with the handle close to parallel to my face) and that angle gave me a very smooth blood free shave 👍

I remember you telling me this ages ago and I tried it but the angle I used then wasn’t as steep as it needed to me so was quite an average shave.
I wouldn’t say the handle was parallel to my face but was pretty close, so def very steep.
Yeah man, Dan turned me onto the way of the super steep right away. I had just bought my first Charcoal Goods Level 2 when my number came up the first time for a Wolf. And I found them both to shave rough, the CG more so. I took Dan’s advice and it changed my shaves dramatically for the better. It doesn’t work with every razor, but when it does, it’s magical. 😎

Yeah man, Dan turned me onto the way of the super steep right away. I had just bought my first Charcoal Goods Level 2 when my number came up the first time for a Wolf. And I found them both to shave rough, the CG more so. I took Dan’s advice and it changed my shaves dramatically for the better. It doesn’t work with every razor, but when it does, it’s magical. 😎
I think I need to take the "steep" advice more to heart. I still haven't even tried all my blades in the 1.45 WR2, but I've had some less than smooth shaves.

Would be nice if we could try the various gaps without having to decide upfront.

Just went to the website and realize now that the .54 gap for WR1 is relatively the same aggression as the 1.15 for WR2. That answers my question. I didn't realize the gap was so much wider for the WR2 design.

This is not true in my experience. Wr1 54 = wr2 95 and wr1 61 = wr2 105. This is from having all of these razors.

I have no idea. Never had a Muhle product, but have a Rocca on the way. I had some issues with my OC 1.15 WR2 also. I just need more time with this razor. It by no means feels untamable.

you will love the rocca, I have three 😃

so you have a 1.15 and a 1.45?

Sounds like your not finding the 1.15 smooth? How are you finding the 1.45 in comparison?

you will love the rocca, I have three 😃

so you have a 1.15 and a 1.45?

Sounds like your not finding the 1.15 smooth? How are you finding the 1.45 in comparison?
Three 😲! Hilarious. But sadly, I understand. 😆.

I sold the OC WR2 when I had a chance to buy the SB 1.45. I don't really like OC on my skin, with Timeless being the one exception. I'm liking the higher gap partly because it's crazy efficient. But I need more time with it and more blade exploration.

Three 😲! Hilarious. But sadly, I understand. 😆.

I sold the OC WR2 when I had a chance to buy the SB 1.45. I don't really like OC on my skin, with Timeless being the one exception.

I'm liking the higher gap partly because it's crazy efficient. But I need more time with it and more blade exploration.

nice glad u are liking it, Hopefully the steeper angle smoothes it out a little more..

If you havnt yet tried I highly recommend Gillette 7’Oclock Sharp Edge (yellow), these are quite sharp and smooth.. polsilvers/wizamet are also worth a try

with the rocca’s I started with the black handle (r96), enjoyed that so much I went for the full stainless version (r94) right away as a back up... then had a quick thought about the bark birch r95 and that was that!

Top Bottom