Graydog

Biblical Innards
Wolfman Wednesday 🥰
A cornucopia of soap
26mm Maggard SHD fan Maple and Cocobolo Graydog 🥰
PXL_20201125_130250669.PORTRAIT.jpg

Today’s Shave

Wolfman WR1/WRH2 handle (polished SS)
Weishi blade (day 3, which is it for this blade)
Rudy Vey 2-band badger
MWF soap (great on this cold, damp AM!)
La Toja splash

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Question for all you Wolfman gurus. My number is back up. Plan is to order a 1.25 WR2 solid bar. My current is 1.15. I plan to get it with a Darwin handle. I want to get the efficiency up a bit without added irritation. Should I get a dual comb with solid bar 1.25 and 1.35? Or stick with 1.25, and know I can get a 1.35 in seven more months if I decide I need to go there? I do currently use both sides of the razor when I shave. So probably gonna just do the 1.25, but wanted to hear opinions on the DC.

Anyway, here is my Wolfman Wednesday entry for today... WR2 1.15, Perma Sharp, PPA Starcraft 24mm, PAA Gondolier CK6, The Holy Black Vampire Hunter Splash and EDT.

463C1BD9-F2E6-414B-AA82-1DBCFE638699.jpeg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Question for all you Wolfman gurus. My number is back up. Plan is to order a 1.25 WR2 solid bar. My current is 1.15. I plan to get it with a Darwin handle. I want to get the efficiency up a bit without added irritation. Should I get a dual comb with solid bar 1.25 and 1.35? Or stick with 1.25, and know I can get a 1.35 in seven more months if I decide I need to go there? I do currently use both sides of the razor when I shave. So probably gonna just do the 1.25, but wanted to hear opinions on the DC.

Anyway, here is my Wolfman Wednesday entry for today... WR2 1.15, Perma Sharp, PPA Starcraft 24mm, PAA Gondolier CK6, The Holy Black Vampire Hunter Splash and EDT.

View attachment 1186810
Such a personal choice. A dual head would cause my OCD to go full tilt. I’d be constantly checking which side I was on ... no thanks.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Such a personal choice. A dual head would cause my OCD to go full tilt. I’d be constantly checking which side I was on ... no thanks.
I think I agree. I am already having a hard time with the fact that Wolfman doesnt mark the baseplates with the gap sizes. I am sure I will mix them up at some point. UGH. Gonna just go with the 1.25 and swing for the fences. Thanks Dan!

WR2 1.45 today. Still don't feel like I've found the "one" for blades in this razor. Used Personna Platinum today. Also playing with some pottery to see if I might enjoy a brush scuttle.
Resizer_16063508406160.jpg

View attachment 1186810

Darwin is a nice choice for a handle. I love mine. I’d also pass on the dual comb.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Darwin is a nice choice for a handle. I love mine. I’d also pass on the dual comb.

Yeah, I already ordered the 1.25 SB WR2. And the Darwin. Thanks.

Funny thing is I looked at my original order form for my 1.15 from last year, and i had originally ordered with the Darwin handle, but changed it to the Wrh7 upon confirmation. What goes around comes around.

I'm still debating the gap for my next one. I like a Toggle on 3 but have no idea what equivalent gap would be on the Wolfman. Anyone know what I should be going for?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I'm still debating the gap for my next one. I like a Toggle on 3 but have no idea what equivalent gap would be on the Wolfman. Anyone know what I should be going for?

I was quite the mild shaver up until the last year or so. Tech's, DE89's, Gillette adjustables on 3. Since getting into the Wolf and the Charcoal Goods razors, I have found that they shave so smoothly, that trying to compare them to vintage or lesser modern razors is pointless. They are so comfortable at much higher levels of efficiency. I started looking at a WR2 .95, then decided 1.05 was better, but ended up with my first one being 1.15. I have now ordered a 1.25 and wonder if its going to be aggressive enough. Plus I can shave very easily with a Charcoal Goods Level 3 now. What a change a year makes.

@HDSledge , what size gap is the one you have now? That thing is amazing by the way! I started looking at Otto Carter's portfolio, and my wallet ran to hide in the hills. He does some amazing work. Harley tanks, guitars, and everything else.

Back when I got the ball rolling on a WR1 in 2017 James recommended a .45 gap. Considering the gaps noted here that number seems way off. My first shave with it was great but felt more aggressive than I expected. This morning it gave a perfect shave with a GSB and felt just like the Toggle on 3. I don't how far along James was with different gap options in early 2017 but is it possible he made a mistake on the gap number?

Btw when I first contacted James in 2016 he was just beginning to take orders online with a waiting list. Seems like yesterday.

Top Bottom