Wolfman Wednesday

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.15 SB/WRH1
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Soap: Ariana & Evans Asian Plum
Brush: Simpson Liquid Gold Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP Badger
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Musk​

IMG_6380.jpeg

Thanks for the update @Fsfty42
Although I'm still waiting on my invoice, today truly was 🐺 Wolfman Wednesday 🐺 for me. Just doubled the size of my 🐺 pack...

View attachment 1158964

My first high polish Wolf ✨
WR1 .80 OC
@Fedsbackhand Awesome Matt!! Congrats! How was the shave? Give us a review. I’m thinking to get the .74 or .80 dc wr1 next in 1-2 months.

Love the Darwin handle on the WR1, how does it compare to .54 gap? Thanks Matt

Can anyone tell me what WR1 gap is comparable to a WR2 1.05?
Fwiw, from my own ordering notes that I absolutely lifted from others, ">" means more aggressive/efficient:
"1.35 wr2 > 0.94 wr1 > 1.25 wr2 > 0.86 wr1 > 1.15 wr2 > 0.8 wr1 > 1.05 wr2 > 0.74 wr1 ... ?0.95 wr2 > ?0.67 wr1"

Based on that, either 0.8 for slightly more efficient to 0.74 for slightly lesser. Hope that helps.

@Fedsbackhand Awesome Matt!! Congrats! How was the shave? Give us a review. I’m thinking to get the .74 or .80 dc wr1 next in 1-2 months.

Love the Darwin handle on the WR1, how does it compare to .54 gap? Thanks Matt

Hi Marius, the shave was so smooth but surprisingly mild feeling (but efficient) given the .80 gap. I keep reading about the uptick in smoothness with the higher gaps. Now I'm wondering about those .86 and .94 plates... I'm shocked to be honest, most of my other razors are pretty mild.

I'm going to try the Darwin on the .54 for the comparison. Really like the Darwin handle, much better than my heavy WRH2.

I know it's just one shave but I'd seriously consider the .80 gap.

Hi Marius, the shave was so smooth but surprisingly mild feeling (but efficient) given the .80 gap. I keep reading about the uptick in smoothness with the higher gaps. Now I'm wondering about those .86 and .94 plates... I'm shocked to be honest, most of my other razors are pretty mild.

I'm going to try the Darwin on the .54 for the comparison. Really like the Darwin handle, much better than my heavy WRH2.

I know it's just one shave but I'd seriously consider the .80 gap.
Thanks So Much Matt @Fedsbackhand for the valuable insight. I’m one month out according to Tara and I am most likely going for either Oc or Dc in either .80 or .86 gap. Very Tough Decision. Matt, do you think that Oc is that much better than SB, or maybe I should go with Dual Comb.

I remember when Tom @It's Hedley tried the .86Oc a long time ago, maybe he has some insights of how it shaves and how it compares to other razors like Wr2 1.15 or 1.25, CG Lvl2 etc...

@Hannah's Dad Hey Dan, I remember you trying the WR1, How were the shave characteristics of the .94 or .86 gap that you tried? (sorry I don’t remember exact gap you had)

@CJB3 Hi Trey, How is the .86 Oc working out for you? Do you like it as much as your Wolfman Wr2? Is the blade feel too much or just right? thank you

Thank You Gents for the wealth of knowledge! Hopefully I narrow this WR1 gap dilemma to 1 razor. Just wanted to add that Darwin will absolutely be my pick for the handle on Wr1, it is so classy imo.

Once Again Thank You Gentlemen & I hope you enjoy your weekends :)

Last edited:
@CJB3 Hi Trey, How is the .86 Oc working out for you? Do you like it as much as your Wolfman Wr2? Is the blade feel too much or just right? thank you

I like the WR1 OC .86 quite a bit. I would say I prefer the WR2 slightly, but it would be hard to choose between the two of them. Good thing I don’t have to!

The WR1 has a little more blade feel, but it’s still quite smooth compared to most razors. Not too much for me at all. They’re both quite comparable in terms of efficiency. Pretty efficient, but still everyday shavers—not so close that you need to skip a day.

The WR2 SB 1.25 is like a modern day British Aristocrat on steroids. I love the WR1 OC .86 as well. I’m a sucker for open combs, and the Darwin handle I paired it with really rocks.

How do you pick a favorite child?

I like the WR1 OC .86 quite a bit. I would say I prefer the WR2 slightly, but it would be hard to choose between the two of them. Good thing I don’t have to!

The WR1 has a little more blade feel, but it’s still quite smooth compared to most razors. Not too much for me at all. They’re both quite comparable in terms of efficiency. Pretty efficient, but still everyday shavers—not so close that you need to skip a day.

The WR2 SB 1.25 is like a modern day British Aristocrat on steroids. I love the WR1 OC .86 as well. I’m a sucker for open combs, and the Darwin handle I paired it with really rocks.

How do you pick a favorite child?
Thank You So Much Trey for that insight! I definitely see why you like it so much. I am so happy you said “Pretty efficient, but still everyday shavers—not so close that you need to skip a day.”, exactly what I wanted to hear, a daily shaver that’s well mannered. I appreciate it Trey, Thanks!

Top Bottom