What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
i know it isnt wednesday but applied this angle for the past two shaves and wow, what a difference. It certainly feels non intuitive but once you get the angle right it certainly smooths out the shave. I always felt my 1.25 was super smooth, but if not careful i would always get a few weepers during a shave. Now with a very steep angle, the shave itself is a bit smoother but more importantly no more weepers.. amazing!!View attachment 1113291

tested the angle the other night with a smooth rapira blade, and last night with a sharper Wilkinson sword.. The real test will be this wolfman wednesdays shave, where i will try with a feather.. my last two previous attempts of a 1.25 and a feather ended with a bit of blood loss and a rough shave, so looking forward to this combo with a steep angle
If you ride the Feather steep, your amazement will only increase.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Wolfman Wednesday 🥰
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.15
Feather Blade (2)
MERshaving vegan Chromium
Graydog Cocobolo and Maple 26mm SHD Maggard 2 Band badger fan
Poraso Green
Club man Talc
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200617065056487.jpg

If you ride the Feather steep, your amazement will only increase.

amazement is one way to put it... the other is........

tenor.gif

not sure if i told you but i have had two previous attempts with the 1.25+feather combo and neither worked out well for me. Was riding the cap and got a few weepers (which i never get anymore) along with quite a rough feeling shave.. I was never going to attempt that again.

but you certainly guided me well with the 1.25 so with ya recommendation and the positive result with the rapria, thought why not..

This combo is amazing, without doubt the best shave i have had with the WR2 (with any blade) ever. Had the traditional 3 pass shave, with the addition of one extra ATG just on the face. Super smooth, very comfortable, no weepers, no burn, super close shave. I am a convert and will preach this news to others, who knew that the angle would make that much of a difference,night and day

thank you very much kind sir!!

Hannah's Dad

amazement is one way to put it... the other is........

View attachment 1114250

not sure if i told you but i have had two previous attempts with the 1.25+feather combo and neither worked out well for me. Was riding the cap and got a few weepers (which i never get anymore) along with quite a rough feeling shave.. I was never going to attempt that again.

but you certainly guided me well with the 1.25 so with ya recommendation and the positive result with the rapria, thought why not..

This combo is amazing, without doubt the best shave i have had with the WR2 (with any blade) ever. Had the traditional 3 pass shave, with the addition of one extra ATG just on the face. Super smooth, very comfortable, no weepers, no burn, super close shave. I am a convert and will preach this news to others, who knew that the angle would make that much of a difference,night and day

thank you very much kind sir!!
So glad to hear that, my friend!!

Wed shave 1.jpg

Wed shave 2.jpg

Wednesday’s Shave

Going with GD Amare Soap today. The brush was my Yaqi 28 mm synthetic. The razor was my Wolfman WR 2 SS SB 1.0 5 with a Personna Med Prep blade. After a four-pass shave, I used cool water to remove any excess lather. I then applied Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by L’Occitane ASB. The fragrance today was Yves Saint Laurent.

Hannah's Dad

Gents ... I traded my beloved WR 1.25 SB for a WR 1.55 SB. I just felt compelled, in part because of endorsements from guys I trust (looking at you, @loot ). Tonight was its inaugural shave.

I had previously shimmed my 1.25 to some very high levels, and I suspected that this 1.55 would still provide a smooth shave. It sure did.

I paired the Wolf with a fresh Polsilver SI, and opted for the Soft Heart Diamond from B&B — a soap base and AS that has become a real favorite of mine lately.

I hated to part with my solid WRH2 handle, but I had to do it for the trade. What I got in return is no slouch — a solid 90mm hybrid 3/7. The razor has nice balance. It’s certainly shinier than the H2 because of its lack if knurling on most of the handle.

The first pass was familiar Wolf — audible and smooth — with just a bit more blade feel than the 1.25 gap. Just a bit. Nowhere near R41 or Ikon Tech levels, and even less than CG L3, in my opinion. I felt very confident with it, and the first pass was sublime. Second pass (XTG) was just as smooth, but less audible, which means that the first pass was wickedly efficient. The trouble spots under my chin were tamed after both passes, and no third pass or cleanup were necessary. But I decided to open up the throttle for an AGT pass on my cheeks alone so I can gauge how long this BBS will last through tomorrow. This will determine whether the 1.55 can be my daily driver, as I do shave every day.

In summary, an absolutely perfect shave with this 1.55 Wolf. Glad I made the trade.
1592444767750.gif
8495BADD-9B66-4F02-AB18-F2D1FAADFDDB.jpeg

Gents ... I traded my beloved WR 1.25 SB for a WR 1.55 SB. I just felt compelled, in part because of endorsements from guys I trust (looking at you, @loot ). Tonight was its inaugural shave.

I had previously shimmed my 1.25 to some very high levels, and I suspected that this 1.55 would still provide a smooth shave. It sure did.

I paired the Wolf with a fresh Polsilver SI, and opted for the Soft Heart Diamond from B&B — a soap base and AS that has become a real favorite of mine lately.

I hated to part with my solid WRH2 handle, but I had to do it for the trade. What I got in return is no slouch — a solid 90mm hybrid 3/7. The razor has nice balance. It’s certainly shinier than the H2 because of its lack if knurling on most of the handle.

The first pass was familiar Wolf — audible and smooth — with just a bit more blade feel than the 1.25 gap. Just a bit. Nowhere near R41 or Ikon Tech levels, and even less than CG L3, in my opinion. I felt very confident with it, and the first pass was sublime. Second pass (XTG) was just as smooth, but less audible, which means that the first pass was wickedly efficient. The trouble spots under my chin were tamed after both passes, and no third pass or cleanup were necessary. But I decided to open up the throttle for an AGT pass on my cheeks alone so I can gauge how long this BBS will last through tomorrow. This will determine whether the 1.55 can be my daily driver, as I do shave every day.

In summary, an absolutely perfect shave with this 1.55 Wolf. Glad I made the trade.
View attachment 1114557View attachment 1114558
Yes! Glad you enjoyed it, Dan. I'm hoping you can 2 pass it daily. I ran it daily for for a week. Toward the end I just did 1 pass. Easy BBS on the face and jawline. My beard map requires too much attention to do well in 1 pass but with practice prolly could get used to it...and leave enough stubble for tomorrow.

You could always use it 2 or 3 days a week and give some less efficient razor get some work too.

You done good on the handle too! You know I am a huge hybrid fan. Totally custom too. He doesnt seem to do a whole bunch of them.

Excellent score. Looking forward to hearing how you adjust to it! Congrats brother.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

View attachment 1114557View attachment 1114558

congratulations on your successful inaugural shave.. you what you certainly took a leap of faith. The handle looks excellent btw.

interested to hear how much longer your BBS lasts

Top Bottom