What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

Just discovered this thread today. This was only shave Number 2 with the WR1 .94 OC. I got it some weeks ago, and my first attempt was too ham fisted, given how aggressive this razor can be. (I’m only a couple of months into this). So I went back to milder razors and focused on no pressure. Today’s shave was completely different. Rode the comb, focused on no pressure, and adjusted the angle based on sound. Completely different experience from the first shave. That’s why I said this razor “can be” aggressive. It can be as aggressive or as mild as you choose, in real time. Now I better understand why shaving enthusiasts like “aggressive” razors. If you develop your technique, this kind of tool gives you a lot more control from moment to moment during the shave. However, you cannot let your attention lapse. I made the mistake of not paying attention to my line ATG line and now the beard that I’ve sported for decades has a different shape! Happy shaving to all.
F3438C02-EC66-4F8E-902E-0B1280921933.jpeg

Do you not find your WR2 suitable for back-to-back shaves? I find my 1.15 to be a great daily shaver.

Tom is just not manly enough — his peach fuzz takes two days to return. :em2300:

Putting my peach fuzz manliness issues aside for the moment :thumbup: , I rotate razors constantly and lately rarely use the same razor two days in a row. Sometimes I will use a razor for a week straight, but not often. I also don't know what razor I plan to use on a given day until I walk in the bathroom to shave. It is a random choice as to how I feel at that moment. Same with soap, brush and aftershave. With that being said, I could be content using my WR2 1.15 SB everyday for the rest of my days. It is a great daily shaver.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Putting my peach fuzz manliness issues aside for the moment :thumbup: , I rotate razors constantly and lately rarely use the same razor two days in a row. Sometimes I will use a razor for a week straight, but not often. I also don't know what razor I plan to use on a given day until I walk in the bathroom to shave. It is a random choice as to how I feel at that moment. Same with soap, brush and aftershave. With that being said, I could be content using my WR2 1.15 SB everyday for the rest of my days. It is a great daily shaver.
Precisely my method as well. Some days it’s Crispix, some days it’s Frosted Mini Wheats.

Top Bottom