What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Thanks, that's probably what I'm going to do.

It is very interesting how smooth and comfortable the Wolfman 1.15 is. I'm glad the 1.25 is much the same for you.

Happy shaves,

Jim

First, I have been away from this thread for a few days, so CONGRATS on joining the club. I missed your coming out party last Wednesday. :) Secondly, like you I started with the 1.15. I got back on the list and got a 1.25 thinking it was going to be just that much better. Well, for me, it isnt. At least not yet. It brings a bit more closeness, but at the expense of losing the supreme comfort of the 1.15. After using the 1.25 as my Wolf of choice for 2 months, I ended up going back to the 1.15. Now I have a WR1 in .80 OC, and that brings a whole new level of efficiency to the table. Its also nowhere near as smooth as the 1.15. So the jury is still out on those two razors. At this moment the 1.15 rules the roost in this shave den. Enjoy the great shaves! Its an adventure for sure.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
First, I have been away from this thread for a few days, so CONGRATS on joining the club. I missed your coming out party last Wednesday. :) Secondly, like you I started with the 1.15. I got back on the list and got a 1.25 thinking it was going to be just that much better. Well, for me, it isn't. At least not yet. It brings a bit more closeness, but at the expense of losing the supreme comfort of the 1.15. After using the 1.25 as my Wolf of choice for 2 months, I ended up going back to the 1.15. Now I have a WR1 in .80 OC, and that brings a whole new level of efficiency to the table. It's also nowhere near as smooth as the 1.15. So the jury is still out on those two razors. At this moment the 1.15 rules the roost in this shave den. Enjoy the great shaves! It's an adventure for sure.

Very interesting. I wonder what I'll end up doing when my name comes up on the order list? The WR2 1.15 continues to grow on me. It impresses me more and more.

Just curious, if you were ordering another WR1 what would you order?

Happy shaves,

Jim

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Very interesting. I wonder what I'll end up doing when my name comes up on the order list? The WR2 1.15 continues to grow on me. It impresses me more and more.

Just curious, if you were ordering another WR1 what would you order?

Happy shaves,

Jim
I don’t think I’d order another WR1. I think I maybe got it right on the first shot. I was looking for something that was more aggressive than the 1.15, but offered something different than a WR2. The .80 hit that mark. I can’t see owning more than one WR1. I may not be owning more than one WR2’s either before too long.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I don’t think I’d order another WR1. I think I maybe got it right on the first shot. I was looking for something that was more aggressive than the 1.15, but offered something different than a WR2. The .80 hit that mark. I can’t see owning more than one WR1. I may not be owning more than one WR2’s either before too long.

So, you're happy enough with the WR1 .80 and don't regret acquiring it. I must have misunderstood.

Happy shaves,

Jim

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
So, you're happy enough with the WR1 .80 and don't regret acquiring it. I must have misunderstood...

I dont know what to make of it yet. I am very happy I acquired all 3 of my wolfman. Including the WR1 .80. I am just not sure yet if I am going to keep them all. Still working through it. The biggest issue with possibly selling one or two of them is that I really dont want to part with any of the handles. All three are amazing.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I dont know what to make of it yet. I am very happy I acquired all 3 of my wolfman. Including the WR1 .80. I am just not sure yet if I am going to keep them all. Still working through it. The biggest issue with possibly selling one or two of them is that I really dont want to part with any of the handles. All three are amazing.

Is there a rule against separating the head and the handles?

Wolfman.WR2.1.15.NewYork.TitaniumHandle.640.7-25-21.JPG

If so....

View attachment 1302558

If so....
I don’t think there is. I purchased a WR2 1.15 head from @Hannah’s Dad as buying the head only is an inexpensive option to help figure out which blade gap works best. Tomorrow or the next day I should receive a WRH2 handle that I purchased from him as well. If you want to try a different Wolfman handle watch BST for ones that come on the market. If you are not happy with your current handle you can find a buyer or a trade partner. I know a couple of members enjoy the Timeless TI Crown handle with WR2 heads. No Rules Just Right. I sound like an Outback Steakhouse commercial.

Today’s weekly Wolfman Wednesday Shave report brought to you by Mike’s Natural Coconut Soap.

B4705780-7D3E-45C1-97A1-E9D9A464549D.jpeg

Guided by their fearless Captain, a Chubby Badger and Wolf made quick haste exiting the den for an epic showdown with a hairy beast. When confronted the stubborn beast turned a side-eye glare toward them and raised its stubble in defiance, drawing the battle line. Using a light Feather touch with almost mythical precision and efficiency, the Wolf’s fangs cut against the beast’s skin. When finished, the Chubby Badger and Wolf left the beast’s skin feeling Baby Bottom Smooth.
Razor: Wolfman 1.25/WRH2
Blade: Feather
Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 2 Super
Soap: Mike’s Natural Soap Coconut
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper​

Happy Shaving Everyone!

Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Feather
Brush: Omega 11137
Soap: Tabac
Splash: Tabac Cologne

What a shave, super smooth pure BBS and no weepers at all.. The WR2 always gave me weepers when going ATG, but today nothing but pure joy.. quite a steep angle, no pressure and a wonderfully slick and protective Tabac lather

No issue with using the cologne as a splash, skin remained soft and supple.

IMG-2069.JPG

It has a been a while since I have had the pleasure of a Wolfman Wednesday. The finest razor I have had the pleasure of owning.

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.15SB/WRH1
Blade: Astra SP
Soap: Ach Brito Musgo
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
Aftershave: Pitralon Classic
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery Custom

IMG_8194.jpeg

Last edited:
First, I have been away from this thread for a few days, so CONGRATS on joining the club. I missed your coming out party last Wednesday. :) Secondly, like you I started with the 1.15. I got back on the list and got a 1.25 thinking it was going to be just that much better. Well, for me, it isnt. At least not yet. It brings a bit more closeness, but at the expense of losing the supreme comfort of the 1.15. After using the 1.25 as my Wolf of choice for 2 months, I ended up going back to the 1.15. Now I have a WR1 in .80 OC, and that brings a whole new level of efficiency to the table. Its also nowhere near as smooth as the 1.15. So the jury is still out on those two razors. At this moment the 1.15 rules the roost in this shave den. Enjoy the great shaves! Its an adventure for sure.

Sir, this is decidedly a ‘first-world problem!’ You are comparing some of the very best options on the planet! :a29: :a29:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs

View attachment 1302558

If so....
No rule. But I feel the wolfman razor is best experienced with one of their world class handles. The fit, finish, balance and design of both parts compliment each other so well. I'd rather not sell just the head. I'd like whoever gets one of my wolf's to enjoy the whole experience.

Top Bottom