PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapPAA Cavendish, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB Fallen G6 Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorWolfman WR2 1.05, Canada 🇨🇦
BladeFeather, Japan 🇯🇵
AftershaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragrancePAA Cavendish, USA 🇺🇸
Rating9.5/10

Today’s weekly Wolfman Wednesday Shave report brought to you by Mike’s Natural Coconut Soap.

9858D063-2830-4A37-B5E9-DED9F1CC4FA1.jpeg

Guided by their fearless Captain, a Chubby Badger and Wolf made quick haste exiting the den for an epic showdown with a hairy beast. When confronted the stubborn beast turned a side-eye glare toward them and raised its stubble in defiance, drawing the battle line. Using a light Feather touch with almost mythical precision and efficiency, the Wolf’s fangs cut against the beast’s skin. When finished, the Chubby Badger and Wolf left the beast’s skin feeling Baby Bottom Smooth.

Razor: Wolfman 1.25/WRH2
Blade: Feather
Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 2 Super
Soap: Mike’s Natural Soap Coconut
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper​

Happy Shaving Everyone!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I had to shave yesterday. And I only shave every other day or so. But used my WR1 OC .80. What a great razor. First shave with the Le Grand Chypre. I have other excelsior soaps, but was tired of hearing how awesome LGC was. Very nice mild scent on both the soap and the splash. A keeper. The soap performed excellently as expected.

6006004B-9BA2-4F2B-9473-E1E40DE4E024.jpeg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I had to shave yesterday. And I only shave every other day or so. But used my WR1 OC .80. What a great razor. First shave with the Le Grand Chypre. I have other excelsior soaps, but was tired of hearing how awesome LGC was. Very nice mild scent on both the soap and the splash. A keeper. The soap performed excellently as expected.

View attachment 1299946
Brad, are you enjoying the WR1 more than the WR2(s)?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Brad, are you enjoying the WR1 more than the WR2(s)?

Dan, that’s a big NO. 😎 But I am convinced that once I get through the learning curve with the WR1, the shave results may be superior. Enjoy more? Definitely not. The WR2 1.15 is an absolute joy to use regardless of the shave results, which happen to be top notch anyway. But I see the potential in the WR1 and intend to explore it fully. At the end of the day, if I can’t get better shave results than the WR2 1.25, then it goes bye bye. The WR2 1.25 provides a closer shave than the 1.15, but at the expense of smoothness and shaving comfort. The WR1 definitely has much more blade feel than both my WR2’s. Level of smoothness is not even in the same ball park. The WR2 1.15 is the most enjoyable razor I have ever tried.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Dan, that’s a big NO. 😎 But I am convinced that once I get through the learning curve with the WR1, the shave results may be superior. Enjoy more? Definitely not. The WR2 1.15 is an absolute joy to use regardless of the shave results, which happen to be top notch anyway. But I see the potential in the WR1 and intend to explore it fully. At the end of the day, if I can’t get better shave results than the WR2 1.25, then it goes bye bye. The WR2 1.25 provides a closer shave than the 1.15, but at the expense of smoothness and shaving comfort. The WR1 definitely has much more blade feel than both my WR2’s. Level of smoothness is not even in the same ball park. The WR2 1.15 is the most enjoyable razor I have ever tried.
Great answer, my friend. And I concur, 100%.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Indeed, it is. It’s the sole (Wolfman) survivor in my den.

Once I am done testing the WR1, I am planning to pick a winner between the WR1 OC .80 and the WR2 1.25. The decision will be based purely on shave result, and which one can shave my trouble spots better, and get me to a BBS with the least amount of drama. They are both already comfortable enough to stay well within my comfort zone. Even with all the blade feel, they are both still relatively smooth given their aggression levels. Then I will sell the other one. Perhaps sell both of them, but doubt it. Even though the Charcoal Goods Level 3 is the most aggressive razor that provides an amazing shave whilst maintaining a satisfactory level of comfort, there is something about the smooth way the Wolfman razors shave that make me want to still keep two, even if the CG may provide a better shave result. The 1.15 will be my forever razor.

Once I am done testing the WR1, I am planning to pick a winner between the WR1 OC .80 and the WR2 1.25. The decision will be based purely on shave result, and which one can shave my trouble spots better, and get me to a BBS with the least amount of drama. They are both already comfortable enough to stay well within my comfort zone. Even with all the blade feel, they are both still relatively smooth given their aggression levels. Then I will sell the other one. Perhaps sell both of them, but doubt it. Even though the Charcoal Goods Level 3 is the most aggressive razor that provides an amazing shave whilst maintaining a satisfactory level of comfort, there is something about the smooth way the Wolfman razors shave that make me want to still keep two, even if the CG may provide a better shave result. The 1.15 will be my forever razor.

I personally like the variety of having both the WR1 and WR2. The WR2 SB is my favorite, but I really like OCs, and the WR1 is one of the best OCs ever produced, IMO.

Top Bottom