What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

I LOVE this handle on the WR1...feels perfect. James was nice enough to make it 94mm in length which is ideal for me.

Wolfman WR1 61 Bronze - Wolfman WRH3/7 SS Hybrid Handle - Wizamet - M&F Pre Collaboration Blonde Badger Green Onyx Resin - Nuavia Blu - Chatillon Lux GSL Splash

20210324_120038.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. Do you have a preference?

Do you mean workmanship?
In terms of workmanship, it depends on which handle.
Darwin, I prefer basic brush.
Wrh2 I prefer mirror polishing.

If it's a user experience.
Most people might like WR2 a little more.
But I prefer wr1, which has a better blade feel and more dexterity during shaving.

Do you mean workmanship?
In terms of workmanship, it depends on which handle.
Darwin, I prefer basic brush.
Wrh2 I prefer mirror polishing.

If it's a user experience.
Most people might like WR2 a little more.
But I prefer wr1, which has a better blade feel and more dexterity during shaving.
Again, thank you. Should have been a little more specific - was indeed referring to the finish. My WR2 1.25 is in basic brush. Trying to decide if the mirror polish is next up.

Again, thank you. Should have been a little more specific - was indeed referring to the finish. My WR2 1.25 is in basic brush. Trying to decide if the mirror polish is next up.

There are differences between basic polishing and mirror polishing. I have observed some friends who use Wolfman razor around me.
The basic polishing is already very good, better than many polished razors on the market. But if you look closely, you can still see some slight and mechanical marks.
And the mirror is not at all.

Last edited:
Not seen the Darwin in basic brushed before. I'd prefer it in satin or mirror, although I generally prefer brushed razors.

Mirror looks amazing if you are prepared to look after it.
The best finish to me is the premium matte brushed finish Wolfman used to offer, not the basic brushed they have now.
The new satin offering is high polish, not far off mirror but lightly brushed. Much easier to maintain than full mirror but too shiny for me.

DIGRESSION...
I'm a Wolfman newb (26 shaves on my WR2-SB 1.25 to date). I'm wondering how many shaves other users are getting out of their blades.

I normally can get a month's worth of great daily shaves with all my other razors. But I'm finding the blades getting duller much sooner with my Wolfman. Is this simply a noob problem, or have others found the same happening to them?

Any responses, serious or otherwise, are welcome. :001_smile

A three day late Wolfman Wednesday :blushing:
SOTD-WR2-G_2021-03-27.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 head on a "Worlds Finest" handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
ASL: Clubman

A very nice shave. :biggrin:

I changed my blade again, just for the heck of it, and noticed a very pleasant change in the shave. This doesn't normally happen to me so soon. I'm wondering if it's the design of the razor (or more likely the goon that's using it) that's causing this... strange.

I added some menthol to my Clubman ASL. It gave me a nice delayed effect chill, and fortunately didn't seem to alter the scent one bit.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

DIGRESSION...
I'm a Wolfman newb (26 shaves on my WR2-SB 1.25 to date). I'm wondering how many shaves other users are getting out of their blades.

I normally can get a month's worth of great daily shaves with all my other razors. But I'm finding the blades getting duller much sooner with my Wolfman. Is this simply a noob problem, or have others found the same happening to them?

Any responses, serious or otherwise, are welcome. :001_smile

A three day late Wolfman Wednesday :blushing:
SOTD-WR2-G_2021-03-27.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 head on a "Worlds Finest" handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
ASL: Clubman

A very nice shave. :biggrin:

I changed my blade again, just for the heck of it, and noticed a very pleasant change in the shave. This doesn't normally happen to me so soon. I'm wondering if it's the design of the razor (or more likely the goon that's using it) that's causing this... strange.

I added some menthol to my Clubman ASL. It gave me a nice delayed effect chill, and fortunately didn't seem to alter the scent one bit.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Using a 1.25 daily probably means that you have a though beard. If that is the case, it is strange the opposite: being able to use a blade for 30 shaves. I generally don’t go beyond 5-6 with most of my razors. To try to explain the difference in performance, I may only think to the steep angle with which generally the Wolfman performs best, compared to other razors. This perhaps may explain the quicker deterioration of the blade that you don’t see with others.

Thank you for your reply Claudio. :thumbsup:
Using a 1.25 daily probably means that you have a tough beard.
Yep, coarse, thick and fast growing. :yesnod:
To try to explain the difference in performance, I may only think to the steep angle with which generally the Wolfman performs best, compared to other razors.
I'm a dedicated steep angle shaver (SASA) with nearly all my razors. I do my best to keep on improving my technique and (mostly) always keep my Shaving White Belt clean.

This is the inaugural shave with my new Wolfman! Thank you to everyone for answering my questions along the way.

-WR2 1.05SB with WRH2 80 mm hollowed handle in basic polish
-Personna Med Prep
-AoS unscented pre-shave oil
-TOBS organic shaving cream
-Rudy Vey bog oak with 24 mm Shavemac 2-band silvertip
-Captain’s Choice heavyweight copper bowl
-Captain’s Choice Venture aftershave balm

I wanted a razor that was slightly more aggressive than my Timeless Ti 0.68 but not as aggressive as the Timeless 0.95 that I had to return due to marked irritation. From the comments here, the WR2 1.05 seemed to fit the bill. After using the razor, I agree with this recommendation and am very happy with my configuration. I did have a few small nicks but I am sure these will be eliminated as I use the razor more. Thanks again to all the helpful comments.

28DD04A0-CE2E-40F6-BF09-4A80E4DD1FC0.jpeg
688EE969-57CE-446D-9DC4-D027C708E20A.jpeg

Top Bottom