What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Wolfman Wednesday

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Ambassador
20210107 Wolfman Wednesday on a Thursday. :cool:
View attachment 1205598
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25-SB (rusdrunkbear Ti Handle)
Blade: Silver Star (4)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B Group Buy 2020 (Shavemac 22mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Canoe

Just got my Wolfman WR2 1.25-SB in Brushed (Basic/Matte) finish this afternoon. My first shave with a Wolfman razor. :)

Went steep, as recommended by the B&B Wolfman Cognoscenti - and which is my default preferred angle for most DEs.

Used a Silver Star blade, which I find to be medium on the aggressive/sharp/whatever you want to call it scale. Paired with a Russian Ti handle, the WR2 feels nicely balanced in my hand. In use, it is very intuitive and secure.

Did my standard three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation. Smooth, efficient and very effective. I no longer track BBS/DFS/etc. but I can tell you that this was an awesome shave. The WR2 is definitely on an equal footing with other my other Top Tier Razors.

One thing for sure: The WR2 1.25-SB is a very impressive razor. :thumbup:
David — rock and a fresh Feather next shave.

BradWorld

Contributor
Yes, and in the Basic/Matte finish.
That's cool. However I firmly believe that the Wolfman head and handle are designed to work so well together, with precise balance and control. Plus the wolfman handles are absolutely gorgeous. Your handles are lovely too. But i would highly recommend you make an attempt to get a proper wolfman handle in the future if you can. They pop up on the bst from time to time too. Cheers.

That's cool. However I firmly believe that the Wolfman head and handle are designed to work so well together, with precise balance and control. Plus the wolfman handles are absolutely gorgeous. Your handles are lovely too. But i would highly recommend you make an attempt to get a proper wolfman handle in the future if you can. They pop up on the bst from time to time too. Cheers.
+1000. I absolutely agree with this. I understand variety and experimenting, but to me, a Wolfman razor has a head and a handle. A Frankenwolfman is somehow just not the same, in my opinion. Easily rectified, though!

never-stop-learning

Contributor
Ambassador
+1000. I absolutely agree with this. I understand variety and experimenting, but to me, a Wolfman razor has a head and a handle. A Frankenwolfman is somehow just not the same, in my opinion. Easily rectified, though!
Gentlemen, I acknowledge and appreciate your comments but, with all due respect, a balance point is a balance point. Wolfman offers solid and hollow handles, weighted much differently, which impact the feel (and, probably, the balance point) just as a handle from a different manufacturer does.

Before I jumped into the 'deep end of the pool, I purchased a WR2 head in the basic/matte finish to see for myself how a Wolfman performs.

If I determine that it outperforms my other Top Tier razors, then I will invest in additional Wolfman items, including a handle. ;)

Just my opinion and YMMV. :)

Last edited:

BradWorld

Contributor
Gentlemen, I acknowledge and appreciate your comments but, with all due respect, a balance point is a balance point. Wolfman offers solid and hollow handles, weighted much differently, which impact the feel (and, probably, the balance point) just as a handle from a different manufacturer does.

Before I jumped into the 'deep end of the pool, I purchased a WR2 head in the basic/matte finish to see for myself how a Wolfman performs.

If I determine that it outperforms my other Top Tier razors, then I will invest in additional Wolfman items, including a handle. ;)

Just my opinion and YMMV. :)
Perfectly reasonable. They are a bit spendy. Enjoy! I'm back on the list for round three!

Top Bottom