Aftershave: Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails Bay Rum​

IMG_6218.jpeg

Happy Wolfman Wednesday peoples :hips:

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Yaqi Pony knot
Soap: B&M Lavanille

Opening the Lavanille puck for the first time I was a little disappointed not to smell vanilla and lavender as the sole scents, but I guess I should of expected that from the B&M complex scents. Off the puck I didn’t like or hate the scent, more of a meh!!! But once lathered this really changed, cant really put my finger on it but I certainly smelt the aniseed which blended well with the other scents. Performance of the soap was excellent as expected from the Excelsior base.

The nacets in this razor I did not like at all, not sure if it is a bad batch or they are not suited for this razor. Ended up with a very close shave and with no weepers or razor burn but it was a rough feeling shave, will give these a go in a few other razors so we’ll see.

The Son of Zeus splash smells incredible, I have taken quite a liking to the razorock splashes.. they are awesome.

IMG_7258.JPG

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Happy Wolfman Wednesday peoples :hips:

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Yaqi Pony knot
Soap: B&M Lavanille

Opening the Lavanille puck for the first time I was a little disappointed not to smell vanilla and lavender as the sole scents, but I guess I should of expected that from the B&M complex scents. Off the puck I didn’t like or hate the scent, more of a meh!!! But once lathered this really changed, cant really put my finger on it but I certainly smelt the aniseed which blended well with the other scents. Performance of the soap was excellent as expected from the Excelsior base.

The nacets in this razor I did not like at all, not sure if it is a bad batch or they are not suited for this razor. Ended up with a very close shave and with no weepers or razor burn but it was a rough feeling shave, will give these a go in a few other razors so we’ll see.

The Son of Zeus splash smells incredible, I have taken quite a liking to the razorock splashes.. they are awesome.

View attachment 1152332
Nacets were absolutely wrong for my Wolfman, too — very rough ride. I strongly recommend Feathers in the Wolf.

Nacets were absolutely wrong for my Wolfman, too — very rough ride. I strongly recommend Feathers in the Wolf.

Oh yes!!! i have used feathers in my wolfman (thanks to your suggestion) and they are amazing, quite smooth and very sharp.. Polsivlers work well in the wr2 also, not quite as sharp as a feather but even smoother.

I used a nacet in my timeless the other day and it was great. so maybe just not the wolfman.

They don't work for me either. Had a close but rough, not comfortable shave in my WR1 last week.

i never like using nacets from the start but recently have had very good experiences after revisiting them after a 1 year hiatis, so much so that i just bought 50 of them :(

gonna use the same blade as i used today in my timeless tomorrow to see

I like Nacets in other razors just not in my WR1. They work great with Charcoal Goods or Tatara razors. Now I've received my blade sampler I'm going to run a selection of blades in the WR1, starting with a Feather. Astras, Polsilvers/Wizamets have been great so far.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
i never like using nacets from the start but recently have had very good experiences after revisiting them after a 1 year hiatis, so much so that i just bought 50 of them :(

gonna use the same blade as i used today in my timeless tomorrow to see
Timeless Thursday 🥰

Top Bottom