What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

Used my WR2 1.35 SB today.
IMG_1373.jpg

Congrats! I said that when i get my 1.15. Then I got a 1.25. Now I have a 1.55. Give it time. You may just lust for the higher gaps like I did. :)
The 1.25 is pretty amazing and giving me the best shaves. I'm being a little extra careful with it but its beginning to feel like i can put it on auto-pilot every day. The 1.15 would probably be the perfect every day shaver for me, but eventually become a ho-hum razor, and i can see someone wanting to keep upping the efficiency.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The 1.25 is pretty amazing and giving me the best shaves. I'm being a little extra careful with it but its beginning to feel like i can put it on auto-pilot every day. The 1.15 would probably be the perfect every day shaver for me, but eventually become a ho-hum razor, and i can see someone wanting to keep upping the efficiency.
I currently have a 1.15, 1.25, and a 1.55. I need to figure out which of the 1.15 and 1.25 I am going to keep, and which one I am going to sell. I don’t really want to keep both, but the decision is proving much harder than anticipated. The 1.15 is so smooth and efficient enough. The 1.25 ups the efficiency a bit, but you also lose a bit of the smoothness. It’s a very tough decision. So far the 1.15 is in the lead believe it or not. The 1.55 is in another realm and will stay around for the time being.

IMG_20211201_115349.jpg
Just missed Wednesday, but, first shave with the WR2 1.25 on a solid WRH2 handle seemed post worthy. Completely different experience to the 1.15 on the Timeless Ti Crown handle. Just as smooth nothing like the shave from the shimmed 1.15 either. I think I need a lighter touch with the solid handle. Much like my first shave with the 1.15 there was a blood price. Had to pull out the styptic and the alum. I think we will get on well once I get used to it. Also better lather. This is not bad soap, but, it is not my slickest. I used a fresh Polsilver SI, will run this blade for as long as it is sharp. Next blade will be a Perma-sharp. DFS 9.7

View attachment 1371851
Just missed Wednesday, but, first shave with the WR2 1.25 on a solid WRH2 handle seemed post worthy. Completely different experience to the 1.15 on the Timeless Ti Crown handle. Just as smooth nothing like the shave from the shimmed 1.15 either. I think I need a lighter touch with the solid handle. Much like my first shave with the 1.15 there was a blood price. Had to pull out the styptic and the alum. I think we will get on well once I get used to it. Also better lather. This is not bad soap, but, it is not my slickest. I used a fresh Polsilver SI, will run this blade for as long as it is sharp. Next blade will be a Perma-sharp. DFS 9.7

how was the shave with the 1.25 different than the 1.15?

I am a 1.25 owner myself (with the same solid handle u have) and at the beginning there was a bit of blood letting from myself also, bit of irritation but once you get your touch right (need it bit lighter due to the handle weight). Once you get that right the shaves are amazing, smooth and efficient

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
….first shave with the WR2 1.25 on a solid WRH2 handle……... I used a fresh Polsilver SI, will run this blade for as long as it is sharp. Next blade will be a Perma-sharp. DFS 9.7

When I got my first Wolf I was a die hard Polsilver user. I used other blades too, but Polsilver was my number one go-to blade by far. I was having a hard time for the first few Wolf shaves, and paying the “price” as you say. Someone recommended the Perma Sharp in the gold box (not the 7 O’Clock Permasharp) and the shaves were outstanding immediately. You may want to try one right away. 😎. It may work well for you too. Good luck.

I have the Durham duplex, i will try it next Wolfman shave. Cool, thanks
I usually put the duplex handle on my rfb for great balance. Is it not too head heavy?
@dmshaver
I don't find it head heavy. I've found the balance point & it works great for me. I don't hold it at the base of the handle, that would make it head heavy. I prefer holding it at the halfway point of the handle, or even slightly up from the halfway point.

how was the shave with the 1.25 different than the 1.15?

Handling because of the weight. It was just as smooth. With the solid, as you say I need a lighter touch. Also my last blade was not great, so that is fresh in my memory. So far increased efficiency has been a notable difference.

When I got my first Wolf I was a die hard Polsilver user. I used other blades too, but Polsilver was my number one go-to blade by far. I was having a hard time for the first few Wolf shaves, and paying the “price” as you say. Someone recommended the Perma Sharp in the gold box (not the 7 O’Clock Permasharp) and the shaves were outstanding immediately. You may want to try one right away. 😎. It may work well for you too. Good luck.
I believe the blood, was more from using too much pressure with a sharp blade. The shave was still smooth and I had no real irritation. I plan to try perma-sharp next already, but, I will be running this Polsilver till it is done.

Handling because of the weight. It was just as smooth. With the solid, as you say I need a lighter touch. Also my last blade was not great, so that is fresh in my memory. So far increased efficiency has been a notable difference.

I believe the blood, was more from using too much pressure with a sharp blade. The shave was still smooth and I had no real irritation. I plan to try perma-sharp next already, but, I will be running this Polsilver till it is done.
PermaSharp has been my go-to blade in wolfs for a while, but I'm experimenting with Gillette 7-O-Clock yellows and finding them very good also. When I received this 1.65 in the mail this week the PermaSharp was what I used and now have two days in a row with it and no irritation or blood letting. Remarkable razors, for sure.
Imagepipe_52.jpg

Top Bottom