What's new

Wolfman Ti 1.15 DC vs RR Game Changer OC

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Yeah you read it right :) going into this shave off I knew what the outcome would be.
I have the Wolfie on loan to me from my new Best friend:) and it just came in the mail yesterday as did the Game Changer Open Comb. I really wanted to try both Razors, yesterday I was waiting for the postman before I shaved and I sorta did a test run with the GC only getting a half of a pass on the one side of my face and the rest of the shave went to the Wolf
just because I could not wait so kind of a semi shave off .
So Today was a different story , The Game Changer on the Right side ,my easy side
and the Wolfman on the left The Harder side .
Both Razors loaded with a Fresh Personna Med Prep .
I used a neutral party soap From Timeless :) (made by Shannons soap)
And a Graydog Cocobolo and Purpleheart 24mm SHD Fan 2 Band Badger from Maggard .

Up first was the GC on the right side what a great feel with that fresh med prep doing it's thing . I really like these blades ! I know it is all in my head but they just work for Me .
anyway right side done very nice pass ,great whisker reduction and a very smooth feel to the new OC beauty on my face .
Up to the left side The Wolfman , My left side is my hard side the whiskers go in every direction .
It was a Great sound and feel right off the bat , it didn't care which way the whiskers were going it was going to cut them down and cut them down She did , Very smooth and very close
I must say that the efficient way This Beautiful Razor Shaves is Great , And being a DC I only used the open comb side of the head to keep it the same as the Game Changer.
2nd pass across the face both directions .GC right side was very smooth again and very efficient as well She did a Great Job and gave it all She had but still a little left ,no worries still have a pass to go.
Left side The Harder side across my face She flew nothing left uncut , Smooth and efficient
if not for this spot right under my jaw line She had taken me all the way to BBS ,neck, cheeks every place except for this one little spot. But She was going to do a Third pass anyway .
So here we go GC right side Wolfman Ti left side against the Growth ,,,,,,,,,,,well kinda
both razor had left barley anything to shave ,a bit more on the GC side but She Really surprised Me , The Game Changer Open Comb is more Efficient than the SB sister but still very Comfortable , when The Wolfman goes Home I will do a shave off with the Two Sisters .
Overall I would say The GC did a great Job But The WolfGirl did a Absolutely Wonderful
Job !! In the end both sides are BBS but The one side The Left side The Harder side
was done in record time with More comfort and I forgot to mention that She has a wonderful Voice too ! Saturdays shave off Timeless SS .95 OC vs The Wolfman 1.15. ps What is the 22 for ?

Wolf.jpg
wolf5.jpg
wolf6.jpg
wolf7.jpg
wolf8.jpg

The atomic number for Titanium is 22.

Thanks for the comparison. I commend those Gamechangers (as the family is growing with OC and Jaws) as they are pretty good and can keep up with those big boys. Great job

The 22 refers to the atomic number of titanium as seen on a periodic table (that’s what comes to my mind first at least, not super familiar with the razor). Very nice comparison, I just received my gc oc and am very pleased with it so far. I also have a jaws on the way which I’m excited to try out.

Edit. What he said ☝️

Wonderful shave-off and review @Graydog. I should be shocked, with the GC.84 keeping pace with the Wolfman but I’m not.. very worthy runner up! That will be a fantastic matchup vs the Timeless .95 OC. Have a Great Shave!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Did you prefer the OC or the SB side of the 1.15Ti?
Yesterday I used just OC because of the Game Changer Open comb todays Shave off was a different story. I'm going to post up this mornings Shave off in a bit.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great write up!
thankfully i cant buy those things. Ive finally found a way to save money on the hobby

Great review man!

Anyone know when the last time Wolfman site was open for orders was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Saturday shave off.
Wolfman Titanium WR 2 DC 1.15
VS.
Timeless Stainless steel .95 open comb
This one was not going to be a fair comparison at all
I have had my Timeless for a few years now and have shaved with it hundreds of times and this will be the 3rd time using the Wolfie.
The first shave off with the Game Changer Open Comb razor was the first time for that razor too.
So I loaded both razors with fresh Vintage Gillette Spoiler blades
MERshaving soap mor with that cool custom label :)
Graydog Maple with a 26mm Shavemac Badger fan knot
This time the Wolfie is on the right side,the easier side
Open Comb side first pass, very nice as expected that it would be
Next up the Timeless on the more difficult left ,did I say that I have shaved with the Timeless Stainless steel open comb hundreds of times :) as I expected the comparison of the right side and the left side was not close at all, the open comb on the Timeless felt so much smoother and it was much closer . Very little whisker on the harder left side the right side was nice buy just not as nice as the left.
Pass 2 side to side I went to the SB side of the Wolfie ,She had another really nice pass with a very smooth and clean feel when she was finished with the second pass.
Timeless Stainless steels turn on the left, no SB only open comb.
No problem,just as smooth and efficient as the first pass with very little remaining.
Pass 3 right side back to the open comb side of the Wolfie,I quickly realized that if she was going to compete with the Timeless I would have to flip her over to the SB side . I am glad I did what a wonderful pass ,only one little spot under my ear ,right at the jaw line.
Pass 3 Timeless the harder left side , not hardly a sound came from her. She had done most of her work with the second pass. Even my most difficult spot on my jaw line was super smooth with out any touch up. But I wasn't really that surprised ,that's how She always works . Super smooth and super close.
So back to that spot under my ear on the right side a little stretch and Wolfie can do her clean up ,,,,,wait a minute its still there . No problem The Timeless took care of it just that quick.
So like I said before I started, I really know my Timeless Stainless steel.95 open comb, the weight,the pressure, it just works for me. The Wolfie was extremely nice but I just don't know her as well.
I will have to revisit this shave off before I have to send the Wolfie back and I Will use a Feather blade next time
Timeless took the first round hands down. My Face still feels Amazing after 6 hours. :)
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190720083736681_COVER.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190720083704660_COVER.jpg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Just Finished my Sunday Shave
Vintage Gillette 1914 Bulldog
Vintage Old Spice soap
Graydog Cross cut Cocobolo 26mm Badger/Boar Maggard
Vintage Old Spice cologne
And a very special guest Razor
The Titanium DC 1.15 Wolfman. On-loan to me

I look forward to this Shave with Vintage Old Spice soap every Sunday, the lather I get is just something else ,thick and rich super slick and so luxurious.:) And that scent takes Me back,way Back . Very fond memories of my Father,that was his scent :).

Anyway I loaded up the Razors with fresh Feather blades and ready to shave.
The 1914 Bulldog is up first on the right side the easier side (come on she is 105 years old) and always gets special treatment.
Up to the face down all the way to the neck
I can tell this going to be a very very nice shave, I had absolutely no blade feel at all and just with that one stroke that little Razor , She is much smaller than the Wolfman . The whiskers were gone ! So I keep going and before I know it she is done, smooth and Close and amazing Face feel from that amazing lather .
Now the Left side, the hardest side (if you want to know why it's the harder side ask me later)
First stroke down to the neck , I was thinking that I really don't want this Shave to be over:) The Wolfman was just as smooth and close ,just mowing down the whiskers clearing a path just like a snow plow (it's hot and humid here so I wanted to think cold thoughts) anyway again this side is done smooth and close with terrific Face feel from that amazing lather.
One little area she had to work a little harder and but that's why it's the harder side :)
Second pass side to side both Razors just like the k-9 for whiskers seek out and attack those whiskers didn't have a chance today.
I have had a Bulldog for along time and had to learn how to shave with this amazing Razor.
This particular Razor is new to me , I have only had it for a few weeks but I have been fortunate to have a 1920 and they're basically the same.
But this one is Special. Still has her silver coat :) a bit faded but that's part of the beauty.
So after the Shave off I am The winner .
Great Face feel , Smooth and not a whisker to be found . Two beautiful Razors and that great scent of Old Spice cologne . What a way to start my day.:)
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190721082747270.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190721082636939.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190721083100981.jpg

Top Bottom