What's new

WOLFMAN Razor - Waiting List

With the WR1 i feel the blade, its smooth, so I can control the effective angle easier. The WR2 seems to loose a lot of the blade feel after the first pass so I dont get the tactile feel of maintaining the correct angle. Both give very good to excellent results, but for me, its easier with the WR1

I get it. Thanks

The WR2 seems to loose a lot of the blade feel after the first pass....

and ideas as to why that happens....is it because it removes all the hair right away?
Im finding it hard to wrap my head around this....I mean the blade still stays where it is...
so why does one feel it less?

and ideas as to why that happens....is it because it removes all the hair right away?
Im finding it hard to wrap my head around this....I mean the blade still stays where it is...
so why does one feel it less?
There is less blade feel with the WR2 even on the first pass compared to the WR1. I know others have experienced the same decrease in blade feel but many of them like this.

Haven't used the WR2 but blade feel is one of the qualities I loved with the WR1. It's one of those razors that gives tons of feedback.

Guys, I didn't have any options available to me when placing an order (which head, gap, handle, finish). I couldn't even place an order for a handle. I only had the option to buy a SS or Ti razor build, period. Is that normal?

Guys, I didn't have any options available to me when placing an order (which head, gap, handle, finish). I couldn't even place an order for a handle. I only had the option to buy a SS or Ti razor build, period. Is that normal?

You haven't clarified whether you made an order successfully, received an order no. by email and how much you were billed. So it's hard to know what exactly transpired.

On the face of it, this new process sounds odd and time consuming. Because it feels like it would
create more work for him and detract from time and effort spent on making razors.

He has to exchange emails with everyone asking them what they want and go through the subsequent to-and-fro on clarifications/modifications. And if their bill comes to less than a complete razor set with stand (which can be as high as CAD730)...then he has to refund them.

@shaveSymptomatic If you click on the build Ti or SS you will see drop down boxes appear. This is where you would choose your options when the site opens. First you pick WR1 or WR2 head and SB or OC or DC. Once you make that choice more options appear for blade gap on each side. You pick a handle and a stand and for SS polished or brushed finish. Hope this helps.

Yes the object is get something in your cart as fast as possible and check out.
Then with your order number you email James and tell him what you’d like him to make for you. He will get back to you to confirm. Get the email to him quickly would be my suggestion.

Congrats BTW!
Thanks! Kind of strange to do it this way, but James must have his reasons.

You haven't clarified whether you made an order successfully, received an order no. by email and how much you were billed. So it's hard to know what exactly transpired.

On the face of it, this new process sounds odd and time consuming. Because it feels like it would
create more work for him and detract from time and effort spent on making razors.

He has to exchange emails with everyone asking them what they want and go through the subsequent to-and-fro on clarifications/modifications. And if their bill comes to less than a complete razor set with stand (which can be as high as CAD730)...then he has to refund them.
I do have an order number. The process is a little strange for sure. Like you said, it's more time consuming. I only paid for a head. I did not have the option to add a handle.

@shaveSymptomatic If you click on the build Ti or SS you will see drop down boxes appear. This is where you would choose your options when the site opens. First you pick WR1 or WR2 head and SB or OC or DC. Once you make that choice more options appear for blade gap on each side. You pick a handle and a stand and for SS polished or brushed finish. Hope this helps.
None of those options appeared to me. In fact, if you go to the website right now, you won't see them either. It's strange, because I've seen the drop down menus when checking the website for availability. He probably changed his ordering process. I've sent him an email, I'll let you guys know what he says.
Thanks everyone.

I can see all options as described....quite possibly a software glitch
caused by a lot of website activity in a short window of 2-3 minutes.

He will most likely acknowledge this and ask you to provide
him with the items you need to complete your order. Then he will email you an invoice
and ship everything in one package.

I can see all options as described....quite possibly a software glitch
caused by a lot of website activity in a short window of 2-3 minutes.

He will most likely acknowledge this and ask you to provide
him with the items you need to complete your order. Then he will email you an invoice
and ship everything in one package.
It's strange, I'm still not seeing the options. One of my browser's extensions is probably messing things up on my end.

James makes a phenomenal looking razor's that look second to none in quality and workmanship. I cannot speak for the shaving experience because years ago my timing was always off and I was unable to hit the razor lotto (so to speak) and have long ago quit the chase. James has a unique business model and he has created almost cult like following. Good for him. I only wish him the best; and wished that years ago I would have been lucky enough to have snagged one of his razor's for posterity (and now a little greed).

Part of human nature seems to be to want what we cannot have. There is a bit of irrational behavior because after we finally achieve whatever it is, the actual having is anticlimactic. If we could perhaps take this into account, we would want less and be happy more.

Maybe this is sour grapes but it bothers me when people say if one gap doesn't work for you, then try another. Like it's that easy to get a Wolfman razor. I've been trying for years to get one- even to the point of checking his website every 5-10 minutes for 3 months straight. One time I did get a razor in my cart, but when I went to check out only the handle wasn't sold out, so I emptied my cart. I didn't realize that I could email James and add the head, so I missed out because of my own ignorance. Believe me when I say I'm not a hater- I'm happy for all of you that have and love your razors. I'm sure Wolfman razors are superb instruments, but I've resigned myself to never having one.

Maybe this is sour grapes but it bothers me when people say if one gap doesn't work for you, then try another. Like it's that easy to get a Wolfman razor.

The guys who own a number of gaps in Wolfman provide invaluable advice by letting the rest of us know the differences and answering any amount of questions....you have to mention what your favourite razors are,
what kind of shave you're looking for and you'll find some good advice on what head to safely buy.
In the old days, the guys who ordered them were playing Canadian roulette.

Top Bottom