What's new

Wolfman razor satin or mirror finish?

I'll be waiting for my razor order soon.

Of all the handles, I like Darwin best

But I am hesitant to choose between satin and mirror polishing.

I see a lot of mirror polished pictures. They are very elegant. But if you choose mirror polishing. Every time after using, it will increase my workload.

I've also thought about Satin Darwin.

But I didn't see any pictures of satin Darwin on the Internet.

So I don't know what effect Satin Darwin actually has.

If possible. I hope to get help. Take a look at the satin Darwin effect.

Mirror polish used to be standard but now it’s an expensive “extra”. Worth the money IMO - it’s a big part of what makes a Wolfman standout from the pack. It doesn’t need any special care - just dry it off with a towel.

Increase your workload how?
I'm a little worried that it takes a certain amount of time to clean the razor after shaving.

Because I think the mirror may be too easy to stain.

I guess the satin may improve.

But I'm also not sure how Satin Darwin actually works..

I have the mirror finish and I do the same thing I do with all my razors: rinse under warm water and pat dry with a towel. I spend less than 30 seconds cleaning this or any other razor. As you can see from the photo below, the mirror finish reflects just like a mirror. One part of the head reflected the pattern of the cloth and the top part reflected a dark piece of furniture in the room where I took the photo.

Wolfman new.jpg

Mirror looks amazing, I have one myself but to be honest my original matte brushed Wolfman (not the newer high polished brushed satin) gets used the most.

I have the basic polish and find it more than basic. But, I think a lot of people might have some issues with such a beautiful product like the polished version. I am thinking people who have OCD or similar health issues. At the end of the day, get the razor that will make you happy. There's no correct answer. And if I had photos of the matte versions, I would share them.

I've owned the premium mirror, premium satin, titanium and the basic mirror finish and the care needed for all of them is the same.

If you take the razor apart after each shave and dry it off with a soft towel it'll stay looking brand new indefinitely. All of mine look just like they did the day they arrived in the mail.

The finish that they call Basic or Textured Finish yields a polished finish that is already superior or at least as good as other razor manufacturers' best polished work with the exception of Haircut & Shave's polished work. The cost of mirror finish from wolfman razors will elevate the cost much more.

Don't be afraid to mix n match. You can do mirror on the handle (handle would
never have wear and tear unless you drop or ding it)...and satin on the head.

Satin is an incredible finish and my favourite for a head. Mirror on head, the blade will
leave a small mark on the plate the minute you clamp and tighten the razor head on the handle.
It is the nature of the beast.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The finish that they call Basic or Textured Finish yields a polished finish that is already superior or at least as good as other razor manufacturers' best polished work with the exception of Haircut & Shave's polished work. The cost of mirror finish from wolfman razors will elevate the cost much more.

This. I have two in the basic polish, and they look amazing. I can’t imagine wanting to spend that much more money to get the razor more shiny. When I get my next Wolf, it will be in the basic polish once again.

Top Bottom