What's new

WOLFMAN Razor Fanatics / Fans - What Other Razors do you like as much?

Above The Tie Windsor (h plate) gets used as much as my Wolfman WR2(1.05).
Rockwell 6s
Timeless Ti 0.98
Charcoal Goods L2
Fatip Picolo

I place my Wolfmans above all others, but close to the top are my Blackbirds and Timeless. Maybe I could like my Ti 95 more than the Wolfmans, it depends upon the day. When I want a really mild shave, nothing beats the Bronze Timeless.

the 1.05 may be tops. I still use a Muhle R89 & Rocca, Timeless Ti95, Fatip Grande, and just received the General that I am liking a lot. The R89 + feather is the best for a quick reliable shave out the door. This is enough razors to play with...

My Wolfman cured me of RAD. For years I've heard about the legendary Wolfman razors and I finally got one. Meh. I get better shaves with my Timeless .95 and Game Changer .84, so I'm done trying to find anything superior. YMMV
What example of Wolfman do you own?

Except for two or three mentions, everyone is comparing their Wolfmen to other modern razors.

Where are all the vintage razor users who also bought Wolfman razors? Since I'm a die-hard vintage razor user who's never planning on buying a Wolfman, these are the people I'd like to hear from to see what I'm missing.

My experience is that I've not met a vintage razor that compares to Wolfman, timeless, charcoal goods, Raw, or Karve. I have no hate on for vintage, I just haven't found one that is both efficient and smooth. I'd also be interested in hearing from vintage and Wolfman owners.

I have a Wolfman WR2 1.25, Timeless 95 SB SS, GC JAWS, R41, Rockwell 6C, DE89, 73 Black Beauty, 66 Gillette Slim.

I like each razor i own except for the DE89 which is too mild and the 6C is ok but non of them compare to the wolfman which in a league of its own. The perfect balance of efficiency and smoothness for me, not to mention such a beautiful razor to hold and look at.

My experience is that I've not met a vintage razor that compares to Wolfman, timeless, charcoal goods, Raw, or Karve. I have no hate on for vintage, I just haven't found one that is both efficient and smooth. I'd also be interested in hearing from vintage and Wolfman owners.
Since you mentioned Timeless, I do have an aluminum Timeless and have done multiple side-by-side comparisons between it and some vintage razors.

Using the same blade and same handle and just swapping heads between sides of the face, I cannot discern ANY difference between the aluminum Timeless and an oval-slot Tech.

You could blindfold me, hand me a razor when shaving the other side of my face and I wouldn't be able to tell if you swapped heads or not.

Out of Hospital.jpg

Since you mentioned Timeless, I do have an aluminum Timeless and have done multiple side-by-side comparisons between it and some vintage razors.

Using the same blade and same handle and just swapping heads between sides of the face, I cannot discern ANY difference between the aluminum Timeless and an oval-slot Tech.

You could blindfold me, hand me a razor when shaving the other side of my face and I wouldn't be able to tell if you swapped heads or not.
I need to try a tech. And a goodwill.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs

The Timeless Aluminum is a great razor. However you cannot compare that razor to the Stainless, Ti or Bronze versions. The weight difference is so incredibly huge it completely alters the shave experience. But I do agree, the Aluminum does have a very Tech-like feel to the shave. Never thought about that before. I have been using the Timeless Aluminum as a travel razor these days, and it has provided great shaves.

Back on topic... got my email from Wolfman last night. Im on deck! Just gotta confirm my specs.

Hmmm...depends. I like my Blackbird just as good as some of my WR1s. It's a nice change of pace from the Wolf den. I have a 2019 Rocnel Sailor that can cut closer than any WR2 I have....it's got a lot of blade feel tho, which I kinda like sometimes. I recently bought a 2020 Rocnel Sailor that is better than any of my WR1s or WR2s. I could sell all of my Wolfies and use the 2020 Sailor exclusively....I won't, but I could.

Top Bottom