What's new

Wolfman question.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Likewise. In my experience with my WR2 1.15, Wizamet blades give me a great, comfortable shave. I also use a steep angle. My stubble is probably not as coarse as some folk's stubble and since I shave daily my stubble doesn't get very long. As always YMMV.

I can shave with a Wolf and a Wizamet or Polsilver. But its is not as smooth as several other sharp blades that I use. And I tells it like it is. Just my experience is all.

I can shave with a Wolf and a Wizamet or Polsilver. But its is not as smooth as several other sharp blades that I use. And I tells it like it is. Just my experience is all.
Everyone's experience is different for sure when it comes to shaving. I have yet to experience a blade performing differently for me in one razor than in another razor but I know that many people do experience that phenomenon.

Ever tried a Kai blade? I find them smooth,sharp and long lasting

Kai has become my favorite blade, even my “if you could only have one” blade. I find them super sharp but more importantly, super smooth and comfortable.

I used to reserve them for my milder razors, to give a little bump to their efficiency. Now I use them on all my razors, mild and aggressive.

I know it’s a bit on the expensive side, but it’s also one of my longest lasting blades. I can usually get about two weeks, 10 to 12 shaves, from a blade before it starts to get tuggy or pully.

My brother-in-law went postal and bought a 250 pack of Wizamets a few months ago. He gave me half, which I appreciate a lot! I’ve had a chance to try them on most of my razors and I find them to be an excellent blade too, very sharp and very smooth, nothing negative to say about them.

Feathers (gimme a minute, let me just put my flame-retardant suit real quick) just don’t work for me… Yeah, they’re sharp! Yeah, they’re super sharp! Yup, they’re the sharpest! But I don’t need a blade that’s Dracula-sharp! Impossible to get a shave with them without nicks or weepers… Very short lasting too. I do keep 10-20 in my den and go back to them every once in a while to remember why I don’t like them…

Kai has become my favorite blade, even my “if you could only have one” blade. I find them super sharp but more importantly, super smooth and comfortable.

I used to reserve them for my milder razors, to give a little bump to their efficiency. Now I use them on all my razors, mild and aggressive.

I know it’s a bit on the expensive side, but it’s also one of my longest lasting blades. I can usually get about two weeks, 10 to 12 shaves, from a blade before it starts to get tuggy or pully.

My brother-in-law went postal and bought a 250 pack of Wizamets a few months ago. He gave me half, which I appreciate a lot! I’ve had a chance to try them on most of my razors and I find them to be an excellent blade too, very sharp and very smooth, nothing negative to say about them.

Feathers (gimme a minute, let me just put my flame-retardant suit real quick) just don’t work for me… Yeah, they’re sharp! Yeah, they’re super sharp! Yup, they’re the sharpest! But I don’t need a blade that’s Dracula-sharp! Impossible to get a shave with them without nicks or weepers… Very short lasting too. I do keep 10-20 in my den and go back to them every once in a while to remember why I don’t like them…
I am super picky about my razor blades. That said, I find Feather blades to be less comfortable than many other blades and I have tried a Feather in most of my razors. Many people love them though. We are talking razor blades here so it all comes down to YMMV. When using a razor that is new to me, I usually go with a blade that works well in my other razors first. For me that means a Personna Israeli Red or Wizamet.

I am super picky about my razor blades. That said, I find Feather blades to be less comfortable than many other blades and I have tried a Feather in most of my razors. Many people love them though. We are talking razor blades here so it all comes down to YMMV. When using a razor that is new to me, I usually go with a blade that works well in my other razors first. For me that means a Personna Israeli Red or Wizamet.

Solid approach, and yes, blades are without a doubt the most YMMV thing on these forums!

I tend to be “minimalistic” when it comes to blades. I was lucky to find, at a very early stage in my wet-shaving journey, some that worked real well for me and some that didn’t, so I just sticked with the ones that did.

Kai, Personna Med Preps/Lab Blues and Nacets work real well for me. GSBs are very good too. The Wizamets I was recently gifted have proven to be a most pleasant surprise (well, not really a surprise since their reputation kinda precedes them).

I think I gave Feathers a fair chance, but like you, they are simply not a comfortable blade for me, nor cheap and very short lasting. Astras, another fan favorite in here, didn’t work for me neither. The less sharp ones, like Derby or Voskhod, tend to be pully and tuggy for me.

I have 100+ Kais, Med Preps and now Wizamets plus a few tucks of other “high end” blades… More than enough to last me a few lifetimes. I’m done with blades, which allows me to concentrate on razors, soaps and my latest rabbit hole: aftershaves and EdT/EdP!!! The evil looks I get from my wife…

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Solid approach, and yes, blades are without a doubt the most YMMV thing on these forums!

I tend to be “minimalistic” when it comes to blades. I was lucky to find, at a very early stage in my wet-shaving journey, some that worked real well for me and some that didn’t, so I just sticked with the ones that did.

Kai, Personna Med Preps/Lab Blues and Nacets work real well for me. GSBs are very good too. The Wizamets I was recently gifted have proven to be a most pleasant surprise (well, not really a surprise since their reputation kinda precedes them).

I think I gave Feathers a fair chance, but like you, they are simply not a comfortable blade for me, nor cheap and very short lasting. Astras, another fan favorite in here, didn’t work for me neither. The less sharp ones, like Derby or Voskhod, tend to be pully and tuggy for me.

I have 100+ Kais, Med Preps and now Wizamets plus a few tucks of other “high end” blades… More than enough to last me a few lifetimes. I’m done with blades, which allows me to concentrate on razors, soaps and my latest rabbit hole: aftershaves and EdT/EdP!!! The evil looks I get from my wife…
My fragrance "collection" has me in the doghouse quite often!

To be honest all the blades I tried other than Voskhod work in my 0.95

I prefer a sharper blade like a Med Prep but if you can source the old Polsilvers in the brown packs they are my favourites. Very smooth although not as long lasting as the Med Preps. These ones.

IMG_1358.jpg

GSB is a safe choice

I use a steep angle with my WR2 .95 and it works great. It cuts fine with a shallow angle as well, but it's less forgiving and not as smooth.

Wow third time going with the wolfman wr2 1.0 blade gap. First time I went with wizamet blade that was rather painful. Second shave was brand new feather. It was smoother shave when I went with the grain and across the grain but when I went against the grain it felt very similar like scaling a fish. May someone can chime in on why that is. And tonight I used the same set up with second use feather BUT instead of against the grain I did another across the grain and I was shocked how good the shave turned out to be.

FarmerTan

Wow third time going with the wolfman wr2 1.0 blade gap. First time I went with wizamet blade that was rather painful. Second shave was brand new feather. It was smoother shave when I went with the grain and across the grain but when I went against the grain it felt very similar like scaling a fish. May someone can chime in on why that is. And tonight I used the same set up with second use feather BUT instead of against the grain I did another across the grain and I was shocked how good the shave turned out to be.
You solved your own problem my friend!

I rarely go past a two pass shave. Then, if I'm not too lazy, I can shave again sooner.

I'm just glad I don't have a 5 o'clock shadow an hour after I shave like some poor folks on here do.

You solved your own problem my friend!

I rarely go past a two pass shave. Then, if I'm not too lazy, I can shave again sooner.

I'm just glad I don't have a 5 o'clock shadow an hour after I shave like some poor folks on here do.
I think I did. As long as I can get same or even similar results 7 days a week then it’s a success.

FarmerTan

I think I did. As long as I can get same or even similar results 7 days a week then it’s a success.
Yep. I just was too stubborn for my own good for too long! Who was I trying to impress? My wife can't tell a one pass shave from a three pass one. She sometimes humors me by sniffing my face if I ask real nice like, LOL!

And my chances of Jennifer Garner rubbing my face and telling me how incredibly handsome my face are.....mighty slim!

Just got a mailcall for another wolfman razor 🙄. It’s a wolfman wr2 stainless steel 1.0 custom gap. So far I used once tonight with new wizamet blade and found a little rough. What would be a better blade to go with considering I do have a heavy beard or a coarse beard. Thanks guys

As always, blades vary so much person to person. I had a 1.25 OC WR2, which I actually liked Feathers in (I don't overly like Feather).

Give Feather a try, I always recommend Gillette Nacet and GSB. I'm also a fan of PermaSharp. I recommend running through a range of blades in your WR2 and see how they work for you.

Top Bottom