What's new

Wolfman Owners Club

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Second shave with the TiWolf 1.15 (Feather 2) and another Grooming Dept soap. Another great shave and a few more observations about this razor:

1. It does not prefer, but rather it requires, a shallow shaving angle. I tried running it steep like the 1.25 or the TiBird, but it doesn’t like that angle at all on my face;

2. The titanium Wolf is a much more audible shaver than its stainless and bronze siblings. I rather enjoy an audible razor;

3. I am having some trouble with under the chin areas - just like I did when I owned a stainless WR2 1.15 SB. I’m not surprised, however; and

4. It could be my imagination, but the matte finish doesn’t seem to glide quite as smoothly as a polished metal.

This titanium WR2 razor is 5 grams lighter than my TiBird, and both are pleasures to wield and almost feel like toys at times. But make no mistake - they are both plenty efficient.

I’m going to run the TiWolf with a Perma-Sharp blade tomorrow and see if it likes those blades too.

Thanks again, Kirk! (@Latherati )
IMG_3188.jpeg

Second shave with the TiWolf 1.15 (Feather 2) and another Grooming Dept soap. Another great shave and a few more observations about this razor:

1. It does not prefer, but rather it requires, a shallow shaving angle. I tried running it steep like the 1.25 or the TiBird, but it doesn’t like that angle at all on my face;

2. The titanium Wolf is a much more audible shaver than its stainless and bronze siblings. I rather enjoy an audible razor;

3. I am having some trouble with under the chin areas - just like I did when I owned a stainless WR2 1.15 SB. I’m not surprised, however; and

4. It could be my imagination, but the matte finish doesn’t seem to glide quite as smoothly as a polished metal.

This titanium WR2 razor is 5 grams lighter than my TiBird, and both are pleasures to wield and almost feel like toys at times. But make no mistake - they are both plenty efficient.

I’m going to run the TiWolf with a Perma-Sharp blade tomorrow and see if it likes those blades too.

Thanks again, Kirk! (@Latherati )
View attachment 1666821
Fantastic feedback Dan! Happy experimenting! I agree with your assessment the satin/matte finish doesn’t glide quite as well, but I have really grown to love the finish much more than I thought I ever would…I LOVE the polished, basic and especially mirror finishes ❤️.
I'm very excited to join your ranks, just recieved my WR3 this past weekend.

I'm a few shaves in and enjoying it a lot, it's going to be my daily driver for a while.
View attachment 1666863
Congratulations and welcome to the club! Enjoy many wonderful shaves!

Hannah's Dad

IMG_2734.jpeg

WR1 in mirror polish SS with a baby gap 0.54 (which I think shaves similar in efficiency to a BB for me). I don’t have the exposures on the WR2, but I’m up for a new Wolfman soon.

The 1.25, is it comparable to the BB in efficiency more or less? I know it’s not fair, I want an almost daily driver so something a little less efficient than the BB Ti would be good for me. Otherwise I’ll be in WR1 purgatory the rest of my Wolfman shaving days.

Thoughts gentleman, my skin is so picky I never got along well with the BBS-1 and really, am finding less blade exposure easier on the skin.

Hannah's Dad

View attachment 1666981
WR1 in mirror polish SS with a baby gap 0.54 (which I think shaves similar in efficiency to a BB for me). I don’t have the exposures on the WR2, but I’m up for a new Wolfman soon.

The 1.25, is it comparable to the BB in efficiency more or less? I know it’s not fair, I want an almost daily driver so something a little less efficient than the BB Ti would be good for me. Otherwise I’ll be in WR1 purgatory the rest of my Wolfman shaving days.

Thoughts gentleman, my skin is so picky I never got along well with the BBS-1 and really, am finding less blade exposure easier on the skin.
Mike, I have long equated the WR2 1.25 with the Blackbird in efficiency, though the WR2 has slightly less blade feel IMHO. If you’re looking for less efficiency than the Bird, then perhaps the 1.15 or 1.05 WR2 might avoid redundancy in your den. Your WR1 is gorgeous - are you sure you ‘need’ a WR2?

Mike, I have long equated the WR2 1.25 with the Blackbird in efficiency, though the WR2 has slightly less blade feel IMHO. If you’re looking for less efficiency than the Bird, then perhaps the 1.15 or 1.05 WR2 might avoid redundancy in your den. Your WR1 is gorgeous - are you sure you ‘need’ a WR2?
Hi Dan, thank you for the insight, less blade feel would be welcome.

I did have a 1.05 but it left me with a little too much meat on the bone. I guess I never needed more than a Merkur, but I want a new Wolfman and sold off a few razors to make room for it.

Sounds like either the 1.25 or 1.15 would be it, but some positive blade exposure would be needed for my skin.

Hannah's Dad

Hi Dan, thank you for the insight, less blade feel would be welcome.

I did have a 1.05 but it left me with a little too much meat on the bone. I guess I never needed more than a Merkur, but I want a new Wolfman and sold off a few razors to make room for it.

Sounds like either the 1.25 or 1.15 would be it, but some positive blade exposure would be needed for my skin.
If you need positive blade exposure, the 1.25 might be your Goldilocks. It’s certainly been mine.

@Dtownvino Mike I echo Dan’s sentiments…I have ownedthe BBTi, Wolf 1.25 SS & the 1.15Ti is my current favorite Wolfman. You can’t go wrong with either the 1.15 or 1.25. The 1.25 has similar efficiency to the BB, the 1.15 is very close with a little more comfort for my skin than either the 1.25 or BB; but I would be very happy with either WR2 & BB.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20230607
Wolfman Owners Club
20230606_195459~2.jpg

Razor: Wolfman Ti WR2 1.25 SB (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn (25mm Synthetic Silver Tip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R Salter Solid Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
Balm: Nivea Sensitive Cool

Superb razor! :cool:

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12273053

Editor’s Notę: After convincing Snoopy the bronze beauty was neither a new chew toy nor a lance to be used fighting marauders, Dan’s WR2 1.25 will be returning to his den today.

IMG_7120.jpeg

Yesterday was my final shave with Dan’s (@Hannah's Dad ) WR2 1.25 bronze beauty. What a magnificent and smooth razor. The Wolf effortlessly devoured whiskers in its path. If I shaved daily I could easily have my face DFS after a single pass. The bronze beauty is heavier than my preferred TiWolf, but the bronze beauty was an absolute pleasure to use. Thank you Dan!

Top Bottom