What's new

Wolfman Owners Club

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Well said. I think I'll give it a rest now. I'm feeling a little like the umpire scene in the movie with Leslie Nielsen (RIP), where his character got a little love from the home fans, and next thing you know he's calling strikes all the way down the first base line. My apologies, for my ramblings. :001_rolle
No apologies needed, my friend.

I have owned every gap from .95 to 1.65. I pushed the gaps up and was one of the first to do it, I think. I had a good bit of back and forth with James as I progressed thru the gaps that weren't even on the menu. Those conversations led me to believe the only change in the head design is the thickness of the safety bar. If true, it would make sense that exposure increases in a fairly linear fashion, no?

The photo below is 165 to 125, left to right. Hopefully you can see the guard stair step. Multiple razors in . .10mm gaps would be my recommendation for a WR2 adjustable.

Blade feel increases a little with gap. But as others have said, the 155 is still very smooth...and I steep angle shave too. Very steep. It baffles my why that works at times. You'd think it would scrape. I dont question tho.

The WR1 head maxes at .94. The reason is, there is not enough material lift for a guard. You get a DEvette as the next progression in that head.

Interesting things happening at Wolfman. You should look at the changes to his website. Some new products coming apparently. Wait list currently closed.

Hope this helps.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have owned every gap from .95 to 1.65. I pushed the gaps up and was one of the first to do it, I think. I had a good bit of back and forth with James as I progressed thru the gaps that weren't even on the menu. Those conversations led me to believe the only change in the head design is the thickness of the safety bar. If true, it would make sense that exposure increases in a fairly linear fashion, no?

The photo below is 165 to 125, left to right. Hopefully you can see the guard stair step. Multiple razors in . .10mm gaps would be my recommendation for a WR2 adjustable.

Blade feel increases a little with gap. But as others have said, the 155 is still very smooth...and I steep angle shave too. Very steep. It baffles my why that works at times. You'd think it would scrape. I dont question tho.

The WR1 head maxes at .94. The reason is, there is not enough material lift for a guard. You get a DEvette as the next progression in that head.

Interesting things happening at Wolfman. You should look at the changes to his website. Some new products coming apparently. Wait list currently closed.

Hope this helps.

Loot, very informative, and illustrative, in more ways than one. Hmm... an adjustable Wolfman, now that would be really something, even if you were just trying to make a point. Incidentally, the note on the website indicates November as his target date for the website updates to be completed (for the benefit of others).

When I was buying my first W, @loot and @Hannah's Dad were absolutely invaluable. Still are. Thanks both of you for all you give back. I think I have handle envy for those of Loot's.

And now Wolfman may have new designs (of something coming?)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1630661198888.png

James notified me by email I will reach the top of the waiting list in a month or two.

Now I have to consider waiting to see what other options will surface vs picking a gap and acquiring what's currently available. You, too, if you're already on the waiting list.

This is a problem (meme).jpg

Wait til he hears about the Rocnel Sailor in titanium.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Auctions are going to be the big new thing, I think. He finally is ready to capture the secondary market markup as profit. Smart move. Not for me tho.

A brass BBS1 is coming to auction, i think. Rumor mill says a GEM is new design.

Speculation is fun.
proxy.php

View attachment 1321889

James notified me by email I will reach the top of the waiting list in a month or two.

Now I have to consider waiting to see what other options will surface vs picking a gap and acquiring what's currently available. You, too, if you're already on the waiting list.

View attachment 1321891

Wait til he hears about the Rocnel Sailor in titanium.

Happy shaves,

Jim

When did you get on the waiting list out of curiosity?

Is there a significance to the year 2015? (sorry, if this should be obvious)

Edit:
Okay. It looks like 2015 is the year that the WR1 was introduced. (Google)

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Is there a significance to the year 2015? (sorry, if this should be obvious)
I assume that 2015 razor is from when Wolfman was just getting going. It may be a prototype or something like that. So its a piece of Wolfman history. A while back Paladin Brushes started auctioning off prototype brushes and handles with all kinds of weird marks and mistakes on them. They commanded some ridiculous auction dollars when all was said and done. So maybe Wolfman saw that and said "hey, Ive got a bunch of prototypes and samples laying around. We should have an auction like Paladin" :)

I had a bronze Timeless. It was heavy, and very cool. It got a patina very quickly. Much more quickly than brass or copper. And it looked great! Other than the added weight, bronze shaves the same as other metals.

I assume that 2015 razor is from when Wolfman was just getting going. It may be a prototype or something like that. So its a piece of Wolfman history. A while back Paladin Brushes started auctioning off prototype brushes and handles with all kinds of weird marks and mistakes on them. They commanded some ridiculous auction dollars when all was said and done. So maybe Wolfman saw that and said "hey, Ive got a bunch of prototypes and samples laying around. We should have an auction like Paladin" :)

I had a bronze Timeless. It was heavy, and very cool. It got a patina very quickly. Much more quickly than brass or copper. And it looked great! Other than the added weight, bronze shaves the same as other metals.
Thanks for the information regarding the bronze. Nice. The auction item looks very cool as it 'stands', pardon the pun, but it would be even more cool with an accompanying 'stand' (IMHO).

Top Bottom