What's new

WOLFMAN Order Wait List - What Razor / Configuration Did Order?

Having both I feel the 1.15 is just a bit more efficient than the Timeless. I cannot comment on the 1.25 but I am glad that I bought the 1.15. I also was looking for something just a click up from the Timeless and I think I have found it. YMMV

this is exactly what i had read when researching gaps, and i wanted something a bit of a step up from the timeless in efficiency but not smoothness.

congratulations on your wolf, may you have many happy shaves with it!!

Ordered 1/2/20:
WR2 head, solid bar
0.95mm gap
Basic polish
WRH2 90mm hollow
No stand

After doing a bunch of reading, I'll probably up the gap to 1.15. I'm not entirely sure that my order went through, though. I got an email back entitled "Wolfman Razors - Email Order Form" from Google Forms, and on the WM site it says you'll receive one entitled "Automated Reply from Wolfman Razors". Granted, that was posted in September, so maybe it changed. The email I got was basically a copy of the order form with all the options I selected. I'm sure I hit 'submit' and did everything proper. Can anyone tell me if that's what they got or if that sounds right?

Having both I feel the 1.15 is just a bit more efficient than the Timeless. I cannot comment on the 1.25 but I am glad that I bought the 1.15. I also was looking for something just a click up from the Timeless and I think I have found it. YMMV

Again, I agree with this 100%. The Timeless SS .95 is probably the second most used razor in my rotation, behind the WR2 1.15 SB. Although the Karve SS C/D and GC84 are pretty close.

Ordered 1/2/20:
WR2 head, solid bar
0.95mm gap
Basic polish
WRH2 90mm hollow
No stand

After doing a bunch of reading, I'll probably up the gap to 1.15. I'm not entirely sure that my order went through, though. I got an email back entitled "Wolfman Razors - Email Order Form" from Google Forms, and on the WM site it says you'll receive one entitled "Automated Reply from Wolfman Razors". Granted, that was posted in September, so maybe it changed. The email I got was basically a copy of the order form with all the options I selected. I'm sure I hit 'submit' and did everything proper. Can anyone tell me if that's what they got or if that sounds right?

Yes, you’re good.

The Wolfman is in the Den!

It took about 5 months to arrive after placing my order.

I gave it a spin this evening and wow, incredibly close, efficient shave.

I ordered it with the more aggressive 1.25 blade gap. Its definitely not going to be an every day driver, but really smooth for how aggressive it is.

In my opinion and by comparison, the 1.25 gap seems noticeably more aggressive than my .95 Timeless.

proxy.php

Last edited:

I ordered it with the more aggressive 1.25 blade gap. Its definitely not going to be an every day driver, but really smooth for how aggressive it is.

In my opinion and by comparison, the 1.25 gap seems noticeably more aggressive than my .95 Timeless.

proxy.php

Congrats. Great looking razor! I ordered the 1.15 and really glad I did. I’m a daily shaver and I feel like anything more than 1.15 would be overkill. Kind of like hunting quail with a 12 gauge.

Congrats. Great looking razor! I ordered the 1.15 and really glad I did. I’m a daily shaver and I feel like anything more than 1.15 would be overkill. Kind of like hunting quail with a 12 gauge.

I have yet to acquire a WR2. Only have like 8 WR1s or various metals.

However I’ve wanted to add a few WR2’s for a while. And that pic is defiantly not helping my RAD.

Congrats on the beauty you own. And thanks Mr wolfman you’re a boss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Question on gap for anyone who has used the Wolf WR-2 and the Timeless .95. Which WR-2 is closest in efficiency to the T .95. I want one slightly more efficient, i.e., if the parallel is the WR-2 1.25, then I want to order the WR-2 1.35. Thanks in advance for any responses.

This is where I was in my search -- 1.15, 1.25, 1.15, 1.25, 1.15. I just couldn't decide and I was looking for that once in a lifetime purchase on a razor that I can use every day. I had never shaved with a Wolfman.

So, I got both. I bought the WR2 dual comb in 1.15 SB and 1.25 SB.

I like both sides. The 1.15 shaves a bit closer than my Timeless TI .95 and the 1.25 even a bit more. My combined shave is the 1.25 on the cheeks and North and South on the neck. 1.15 on the goatee area and sideways on my neck.

Again, I agree with this 100%. The Timeless SS .95 is probably the second most used razor in my rotation, behind the WR2 1.15 SB. Although the Karve SS C/D and GC84 are pretty close.

Thank you for this information, really helps in my decision making. When my order comes up I'm also going with the 1.15 SB.

proxy.php

congratulations bad badger, looks amazing. I ordered the same razor, still waiting for mine

I am now concerned i ordered the gap to high, i also got the 1.25. Did you also get the hollow or solid handle?

out of curiosity, which shavers do you use as daily drivers?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
congratulations bad badger, looks amazing. I ordered the same razor, still waiting for mine

I am now concerned i ordered the gap to high, i also got the 1.25. Did you also get the hollow or solid handle?

Have no fear, Stratman. The 1.25 is buttery smooth with a sharp blade. And use a very, very steep angle (ride the safety bar).

Have no fear, Stratman. The 1.25 is buttery smooth with a sharp blade. And use a very, very steep angle (ride the safety bar).

thanks!!! i was sweating bullets thinking of how i am going put my name down again to order a different plate lol

as a test the week before i shaved daily with the R41 (4) and JAWS (1) with no issues and this week with the timeless (4) and jaws (1) with no issues, so should be ok

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
thanks!!! i was sweating bullets thinking of how i am going put my name down again to order a different plate lol

as a test the week before i shaved daily with the R41 (4) and JAWS (1) with no issues and this week with the timeless (4) and jaws (1) with no issues, so should be ok
If you rocked the R41 daily (as I once did), you are going to be over-the-moon over the 1.25. Rest easy.

Yes, I went with the solid handle.

My other razors are: Timeless .95 SB & .68 OC, Blackland Dart, Ikon Tech, Razorock DLC Stainless Lupo and Rockwell 6S (plate 5 or 6).

Don't fear the 1.25 gap. I should note that the 1.25 WR2 is not at all scary aggressive, it just has a decent amount of blade feel and is VERY efficient. I could probably get by with a 2 pass shave rather than my usual 4-pass. What surprised me is there is not much blade bend/flex with the WR2... the blade almost looks straight when loaded up (if that makes sense). It was somewhat tricky for me to find the correct cutting angle at first. After the second shave I seem to have it dialed in.

Last edited:

My other razors are: Timeless .95 SB & .68 OC, Blackland Dart, Ikon Tech, Razorock DLC Stainless Lupo and Rockwell 6S (plate 5 or 6).

Don't fear the 1.25 gap. I should note that the 1.25 WR2 is not at all scary aggressive, it just has a decent amount of blade feel and is VERY efficient. I could probably get by with a 2 pass shave rather than my usual 4-pass. What surprised me is there is not much blade bend/flex with the WR2... the blade almost looks straight when loaded up (if that makes sense). It was somewhat tricky for me to find the correct cutting angle at first. After the second shave I seem to have it dialed in.
That's a great rotation of razors. How does the Lupo stand with those other razors, given that it's a WR1 knockoff? What would make you reach for the Lupo?

That's a great rotation of razors. How does the Lupo stand with those other razors, given that it's a WR1 knockoff? What would make you reach for the Lupo?

Thanks.
The Lupo is great. It's a very smooth shaver and not very aggressive. It could be my everyday driver for sure.

you have a very nice selection of razors there. I have been shaving with my T95 most of the week but this morning reached for the R41. This is also a marked step up i efficiency v the T95 so your comments re that are very welcomed, i just momentarily panicked yday.

From what it sounds like the 1.25 will have a little blade feel (less than R41) with efficiency that may be on par with it and smoothness that is similar to the T95

Top Bottom