What's new

WOLFMAN Order Wait List - What Razor / Configuration Did Order?

With Wolfman's Order Wait List being initiated in September 2019 I thought it would be fun to ask what razor / configuration did you initially place. Ie. Head, Handle and Finish

I got on the list last week with this...

WR2 head, dual comb 1.25 OC / .95 SB
WHR2 handle, 90mm, solid
WRA1 stand
Everything in basic polished finish

I’m still researching blade gaps and will probably switch to a WHR7 handle because my wife likes it best. I’ve got 9-11 months to figure it out.

Submitted 9-23-19:

Razor Head: WR2-SB Razor Head (0.95mm Blade Gap)
Razor Head Finish: Polished (Basic/Textured)
Handle: WRH1 (90mm (Regular) Solid)
Handle Finish: Polished (Basic/Textured)
Stand: No Stand

Razor Head: WR2-SB Razor Head (1.15 mm Blade Gap)
Handle: WRH7 (90mm Solid)
Stand: WRA1
All in mirror polished finish

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I purchased the same Razor without the stand
And I ordered the basic polished, I can't imagine what the mirror finish is going to look like considering that basic polished is amazing
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200204091110239_COVER.jpg

Identical order for me on 9-19-19, except 1.25 mm gap.
Wondering if anyone has had their order filled lately and when they submitted order. I’d love to get some frame of reference for how close I’m getting to order being fulfilled.

I went on the list in November.

WR2 head, SB .95
WHR2 handle, 80mm, hollow
Basic polished

Still trying to decide b/n .95 and 1.05. Slight chance the handle may be switched to WRH1.

I placed my order on Sept. 6th:
Razor Head: WR2-SB Razor Head (1.05mm Blade Gap)
Razor Head Finish: Polished (Mirror)
Handle: WRH2 (90mm (Regular) Solid)
Handle Finish: Polished (Mirror)

I got my confirmation on Oct. 12th.
Invoice paid on Dec. 10th

Arrived on Jan. 6, 2020.

I debated getting the 1.15 but love the 1.05. I like a heavier razor and went with the solid handle. This is one great razor. No matter what finish you get, you will have a quality, well-built razor. Currently, I am alternating days using this razor.

View media item 65700

I actually had little interest in Wolfman until very recently. I've just watched over the last few years, somewhat bemused, from the sidelines as guys were gearing their lives around James' drops. However, once he went to the new system, and after downsizing my den over the last 12 months, I relented and submitted a form Jan 28. By the time my name gets called, it's entirely possible (probable?) my interest will have once again waned.

Anyway, my original config is based on me being a 6 days/week shaver, and wanting to make it as likely as possible that I could use the Wolfman as a daily driver:

WR2 1.05 SB
WRH1 90mm (hollow)
basic polish

Assuming (in all likelihood) > 18 months from now my name gets called AND I'm still interested, and my shaving frequency hasn't suddenly changed, I'll probably change it to a .95 SB, 90mm solid WRH7 with everything in the best brushed satin finish.

WR2 head, SB .95
Basic polished

Still trying to decide b/n .95 and 1.05. Slight chance the handle may be switched to WRH1.
I just got the 1.05sb with 80mm hollow WRH1. I couldn't be happier. For reference I was using a pre-war Tech and Timeless TI .68SB as daily drivers. The 1.05 is just as smooth but more efficient. I think the .95SB would have been a little too mild for me.

Identical order for me on 9-19-19, except 1.25 mm gap.
Wondering if anyone has had their order filled lately and when they submitted order. I’d love to get some frame of reference for how close I’m getting to order being fulfilled.
It took me 3 months under their new Google order system to get my order invoiced,payed and the razor was shipped several days later. Got the razor in about 8 days via Canada Post. It seems to be working very well.

WR2 head, SB .95
Basic polished

I have the 1.15 and the 1.05. I wouldn't go below the 1.05 as it may be too mild. I think I prefer the 1.05. Have the WHR1 & WHR2 handles - both are great.

Order placed 9/18

Razor Head: WR2-SB Razor Head (0.95mm Blade Gap)
Razor Head Finish: Polished (Basic/Textured)
Handle: WRH3 (90mm Solid)
Handle Finish: Polished (Basic/Textured)
Stand: No Stand

After receiving a WR2 DC 1.25/1.15 in mid December which was originally ordered on September 6, I immediately put another order in. Will probably go with a WR1 this time.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
After receiving a WR2 DC 1.25/1.15 in mid December which was originally ordered on September 6, I immediately put another order in. Will probably go with a WR1 this time.
Not trying to dissuade; but you might be disappointed by the WR1 after experiencing its sequel.

Top Bottom