What's new

WOLFMAN Order Wait List - What Razor / Configuration Did Order?

I have a waitlist order in for a WR2 with a 1.15 blade gap. My main razors are a Charcoal Goods Level 2 and a Blackbird, and I am looking for something comparable to those two razors. (Leaving aside the fact that they are not entirely comparable to each other!). Anyone think the 1.15 will end up being too mild? I'd have a lot of trepidation about moving up to the 1.25, but just want to check before finalizing my order.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I have a waitlist order in for a WR2 with a 1.15 blade gap. My main razors are a Charcoal Goods Level 2 and a Blackbird, and I am looking for something comparable to those two razors. (Leaving aside the fact that they are not entirely comparable to each other!). Anyone think the 1.15 will end up being too mild? I'd have a lot of trepidation about moving up to the 1.25, but just want to check before finalizing my order.
If you find the Blackbird comfortable, you should not hesitate to order the 1.25. I have both and the WR2 1.25 is even smoother than the ‘Bird.

Thanks Dan! I love the Blackbird and it is as I say one of the two razors I use the most now, but I am relatively new to it. I will keep your advice in mind though for when I finalize my order, and expect I'll have plenty of time to break the 'Bird in before that time comes. Would be nice to have the efficiency of the 1.25...

I have both the WR2 1.15 and 1.25. Both are great. I shave every two, maybe three days. Thus...the 1.25 is perfect. If I were a daily shaver the 1.15 would fit the bill for me. Just my opinion. Agree with Hannah's Dad above in that the Blackbird is probably closer to the 1.25. I also own a Blackbird

I have both the WR2 1.15 and 1.25. Both are great. I shave every two, maybe three days. Thus...the 1.25 is perfect. If I were a daily shaver the 1.15 would fit the bill for me. Just my opinion. Agree with Hannah's Dad above in that the Blackbird is probably closer to the 1.25. I also own a Blackbird

+1. I shave daily and have found the 1.15 to be ideal for me. I couldn’t shave daily with my ‘Bird, or at least wouldn‘t want to. I haven’t tried a 1.25, but suspect it may be a bit too much for me to use daily. If I shaved any less frequently than daily (every other day, twice a week, etc), I wouldn’t hesitate to get the 1.25.

I imagine there are many punting their turn right now. I was emailed on Friday and emailed back with "proceed" yesterday. Ordered the .95SB with WRH3 handle on 9/18. Looking for the most comfortable shave possible.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I imagine there are many punting their turn right now. I was emailed on Friday and emailed back with "proceed" yesterday. Ordered the .95SB with WRH3 handle on 9/18. Looking for the most comfortable shave possible.

Thanks for posting this. I was put on the list on 9/23, so while I'm not in any rush, it's nice to get a sense of where the list is at in terms of dates.

BTW, I'm also planning on ordering a WR2 .95 SB.

I shave with the WR2 1.05 and I shave daily. For me, this is an incredibly good razor. In the past, I needed to do a four-pass shave to get a BBS shave. When I use the Wolfman, I do a three pass shave with minor touch-ups on my neck.

Wow! So order fulfilment is still in the third week of September! Crazy. But, honestly, I'm glad I don't have to make a decision on going ahead with an order this month. Or next month.

I did receive my confirmation on Friday and took them up on the opportunity. I asked for the WR2 in a 1.10 if he was willing to make it custom, and if not the 1.05. Here’s to hoping it’s not too mild!

I have both of these gaps in the WR2 as well and echo these thoughts as well.

I did receive my confirmation on Friday and took them up on the opportunity. I asked for the WR2 in a 1.10 if he was willing to make it custom, and if not the 1.05. Here’s to hoping it’s not too mild!
So, you're not helping things move along quicker. :thumbup1:. Hope you enjoy it!

Again, I agree with this 100%. The Timeless SS .95 is probably the second most used razor in my rotation, behind the WR2 1.15 SB. Although the Karve SS C/D and GC84 are pretty close.
How does the WR2 1.15 compare to the GC .84 in efficiency? Can you use either or both asa daily driver? Thanks.

How does the WR2 1.15 compare to the GC .84 in efficiency? Can you use either or both asa daily driver? Thanks.
WR2 is the most efficient razor I own. The Blackbird is very close, but nowhere nearly as smooth as the WR2. The WR2 is at least as smooth as the GC84, in my opinion. Both work as daily shavers for me.

WR2 is the most efficient razor I own. The Blackbird is very close, but nowhere nearly as smooth as the WR2. The WR2 is at least as smooth as the GC84, in my opinion. Both work as daily shavers for me.
Thanks very much. Appreciate the input. The GC .84 SB is just a bit mild for me. I haven't made the jump for a WR2 yet. But, when I do, I want to be able to use it daily.

Top Bottom