What's new

Wolfman order changes?

I ordered a wolfman a week ago with the 0.95 WR2 solid, WRH7 handle, and stand. I went with the mirror polished option but after looking at pics I can’t seem to tell the difference between mirror and the basic polish. I am also thinking about the WRH3 handle and the 1.05 blade gap. How many changes can you make? I know you can change the blade gap but is the rest open as well? I know it’s going to be a while but I was just curious. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a wolfman with the “basic” polish. I have a hard time believing the mirror polish could be that much better? The basic polish is great.

I ordered a wolfman a week ago with the 0.95 WR2 solid, WRH7 handle, and stand. I went with the mirror polished option but after looking at pics I can’t seem to tell the difference between mirror and the basic polish. I am also thinking about the WRH3 handle and the 1.05 blade gap. How many changes can you make? I know you can change the blade gap but is the rest open as well? I know it’s going to be a while but I was just curious. Thanks

You can make as many changes you want except ask for a titanium razor.

You should be able to make whatever changes you'd like as long as you do it early enough in the process before it's finalized and you've paid the invoice. Your initial order doesn't really matter at all as it's more of a place holder for your spot in line. The email you get from James at Wolfman is when you do the real decision making and lock everything in. That's when you can order what you'd like, even if it's completely different from the order you put in when you signed up initially.

In terms of the mirror polish vs the basic polish goes the mirror polish is definitely nicer. The basic polish does look as good as the effort that any other razor manufacturer puts into their razors so it's certainly not lacking. You kinda have to start at it to tell them apart but you can tell one from the other up close. If you're looking at it from a couple feet away you probably won't see a difference. So ask yourself if you're gonna start at it and obsess about keeping it clean and shiny all the time or if you're good with it as a tool to get the job done and would like to save a few bucks on the finish. You won't go wrong with either but only you will know which one is best for you.

Thanks for the replies. I like a heavier razor so titanium is out for me anyway. That is good I have some time to really get an idea why I want. Can you add a base plate? Like a 1.05SB and a 0.96 open comb? Or does your order only include one? But I will just get the basic polish. That part I have nailed down now. I just didn’t want another satin razor finish.

I have the basic and had a mirror polish. For me it was difficult to tell the difference. The basic looks fabulous. I wouldn't waste money on the mirror - it is a $265 up-charge. That's crazy when the basic is super shiny.

You can only order one head, if you want a 1.05SB 0.95OC then you can order a dual comb head.

He’ll send a follow up email confirming the order specs where you can request any changes to the order prior to his dispatching the final invoice to be paid.

As others note, you should be able to make changes.

I am pleased-as-punch with my polished SS WR1 with WRH2 handle and stand!! :a29:

This one pretty much killed my RAD!

I just ordered about a week ago. When my spot came up in line after waiting for 5 months I changed almost everything about the razor I wanted. When I broke that news to James and was apologetic in the fact, he was enthusiastic about it being totally fine and was happy that he could make the razor I wanted. My razor should be here this week. :)

I signed up on 9/16/19, almost 5 months ago. While my turn hasn’t been called, I’m tickled pink just to be on the list. I’m happy waiting months more if necessary.

^^ Jan. 28 signup here

LOLOLOL

You're on 3rd base compared to me. I'm caught in traffic on my way to batting practice, at best, hahaha.

I received tracking info on Monday. Scheduled to be here on the 18th. I only made one change to my original order and that was blade gap. It was quite easy and they are wonderful to work with. Very pleased with the overall experience.

I signed up on 9/16/19, almost 5 months ago. While my turn hasn’t been called, I’m tickled pink just to be on the list. I’m happy waiting months more if necessary.
I signed up a week before you and I was asked to confirm my order last Friday. :)

Top Bottom