What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

Those WR2s seem to be awesome shavers, might have to bite the bullet! I rarely order products online from outside the EU, and when I do, it's for negligible amounts. My knowledge on taxation and duties is very limited but due to the CETA it looks like no import duties need to be paid. Is there some sort of tax deduction on the original amount when ordering from the EU? (apologies for the off-topic question) :cuppa:
Do eet.

Folks,

I am undecided if I should buy a WRH3 or WRH7 handle with my upcoming WR1. They are the two WM handles I have narrowed it down to.

Of course, I could pocket the $150 and cheap out and use my Wolfman WR2’s Darwin handle or even one of my inexpensive SS Razorock handles.

Can anyone who has owned the WRH3 and WRH7 let me know
any pros and cons Ot thoughts? Bonus if you can compare either/both to the Darwin.

I have no interest in the WRH1 or WRH2 as they don‘t excite me. No offence, but they look similar to many other manufacturer’ handles.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi there!
I would love some help with a WR2 vs Blackbird question. I have read all I can about WR2 blade gap and it seems like a 1.25 would be a safe bet when comparing effectiveness.

The Blackbird gives me an effective, smooth and close shave without causing too much irritation. Chasing an equaly close shave with a Karve D or Carbon + will result in more irritation.

Thing is, if possible with some Wolfman magic, I want an even more efficient and closer shave but still keep the shave comfortable.

What do you think, can I go higher than 1.25 and still get an equally comfortable shave to the Blackbird?

Take care!
/Markus

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Folks,

I am undecided if I should buy a WRH3 or WRH7 handle with my upcoming WR1. They are the two WM handles I have narrowed it down to.

Of course, I could pocket the $150 and cheap out and use my Wolfman WR2’s Darwin handle or even one of my inexpensive SS Razorock handles.

any pros and cons Ot thoughts? Bonus if you can compare either/both to the Darwin.

I have no interest in the WRH1 or WRH2 as they don‘t excite me. No offence, but they look similar to many other manufacturer’ handles.

Thanks!
I’ve had every handle except the Darwin — and IMHO, the Darwin LOOKS the best with the WR1. And from many who own it, it is a sublime shaving handle.

I found the WRH7 to be iconic in appearance, but a bit impractical in use. I was always worried about slippage. The WRH3 felt more secure in the hand.

I’m always willing to be an enabler; but in all candor I’d save your money and use the Darwin.

Hannah's Dad

Hi there!
I would love some help with a WR2 vs Blackbird question. I have read all I can about WR2 blade gap and it seems like a 1.25 would be a safe bet when comparing effectiveness.

The Blackbird gives me an effective, smooth and close shave without causing too much irritation. Chasing an equaly close shave with a Karve D or Carbon + will result in more irritation.

Thing is, if possible with some Wolfman magic, I want an even more efficient and closer shave but still keep the shave comfortable.

What do you think, can I go higher than 1.25 and still get an equally comfortable shave to the Blackbird?

Take care!
/Markus
Markus: Yes. You could get the 1.55 SB and still get an insanely smooth and efficient shave. There is just something about the geometry of the WR2 that maintains smoothness despite crazy big gaps. Just do it.

Can anyone who has owned the WRH3 and WRH7 let me know any pros and cons
I only have the regular WRH7. It is beautiful. I was worried about it being slippery but the knurling is placed just right. the bottom of the handle is 'stepped' out with reach ring more than I thought too. I would recommend going to the XL size version of the WRH7 though, but I like heavier razors.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Folks,

Thanks!
I have the WRH3, 7 and Darwin. The 7 doesn’t slip at all. But lately I prefer the 3. It feels better in the hand. But they are both top notch handles. Whatever one you get, you’ll be getting the other on you next wolf after that. And the Darwin is in a class by itself. Fabulous handle. Great balance. Looks amazing. Feels sublime when shaving. It’s a tough call. That’s why I got all three. I also don’t care for the straight ones like the 1 and 2. But I am undecided which handle to get with my next Wolf. I want the 3/7 hybrid, but I was already turned down once. I’m gonna ask again next time I’m up.

If you really can't decide, the answer is get both (or the 3/7 hybrid).

I have the 3 and 7 but use the 3 more often. I do like the shape of the 7 handle though. Mine are brushed so grip is no issue.

@BradWorld James is now making hybrid handles. I asked Tara about 3/7 and 1/2 hybrids and could have ordered either (or both).

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Had a great shave with my WR2 Darwin just now. Awesome.
D3D78FD8-D5B5-4D85-A0B9-2ABDA936C536.jpeg

Another question for you folks….

Any thought as to where pricing and availability will go now that the waiting list is closed and it seems auctions for non standard razors will be offered and pricing revised?

I am on the fence about buying a second Wolfman handle (already have a Darwin) for my upcoming razor, but thinking it might be a good time just to bite the bullet and be done with it!

thx!

I'd love to be wrong but expect the pricing will rise. If you are up before November I'd go ahead and take another handle.

Maybe prices go up for premium finishes and new materials but basic finishes stay the same... hoping James will re-introduce a premium brushed finish (satin without the high polish).

Markus: Yes. You could get the 1.55 SB and still get an insanely smooth and efficient shave. There is just something about the geometry of the WR2 that maintains smoothness despite crazy big gaps. Just do it.

Thanks alot! I have no worries about with and across the grain but have been back and forth between a DC 1.25/1.45 to play it a bit safe against the grain, or a normal 1.35 and hope it will hit a sweet spot in all directions 😄

Any thoughts about higher gap against the grain? Ofcourse ymmv, but still, I highly value the input! 🙏🏻

Hannah's Dad

Thanks alot! I have no worries about with and across the grain but have been back and forth between a DC 1.25/1.45 to play it a bit safe against the grain, or a normal 1.35 and hope it will hit a sweet spot in all directions 😄

Any thoughts about higher gap against the grain? Ofcourse ymmv, but still, I highly value the input! 🙏🏻
As long as you maintain a steep angle, the ATG pass should yield great results for you.

Top Bottom