What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

Hmmmm from the recent pictures.. Looks like the newer brushed satin finishes look quite different from the earlier generations brushed satin?

Newer ones look like polished finishes with light brushed scratch pattern finishes put on Them? Hmmmm

Wonder with the current brushed satin finishes look... If they are still worth the couple hundred upgrade from the basic Polish or basic Matte. Hmmm

Hmmmm from the recent pictures.. Looks like the newer brushed satin finishes look quite different from the earlier generations brushed satin?

Newer ones look like polished finishes with light brushed scratch pattern finishes put on Them? Hmmmm

Yes, quite different. New finish is very much a high polish with brushing.

It's definitely an upgrade. Either basic simply isn't finished to the same standard as new satin. Whether you like the high polish is another thing. I prefer the earlier/original finishes.

Yeah looking at those pictures, I really envisioned the new satin finish as more like that original/earlier satin brushed finish....

Now i wonder if just a basic matte would do instead...

Or just keep it simple to the basic polish.

Not really looking for the high polish finish with just some light brushing.... Was hoping more for a semi matt really satin brushed finish like those earlier finishes. lol

Yes, quite different. New finish is very much a high polish with brushing.

It's definitely an upgrade. Either basic simply isn't finished to the same standard as new satin. Whether you like the high polish is another thing. I prefer the earlier/original finishes.

Put a post up in the BST looking for the original brushed finish. It sounds as if you, like me, will be disappointed with the newer finishes. Basic matte will have some sanding/machining marks. I sold mine. I did ask for a less polished satin but was politely turned down.

I’ve read through most of the Wolfman threads on B&B (and on other forums), and I haven’t seen something I’ve been wondering about brought up.

The handles go from WRH1 to WRH3, and then it skips to WRH7. Does anyone know what happened to 4, 5 and 6? Did these exist briefly at some point? I’d be interested to hear if anyone has any insight or ideas.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I’ve read through most of the Wolfman threads on B&B (and on other forums), and I haven’t seen something I’ve been wondering about brought up.

The handles go from WRH1 to WRH3, and then it skips to WRH7. Does anyone know what happened to 4, 5 and 6? Did these exist briefly at some point? I’d be interested to hear if anyone has any insight or ideas.

I'm sorry I can't remember what the story is, but I've read somewhere what the Wolfman man, James, said about it. Let me look...

Ah, here's the answer.

1629754860805.png

I'll PM you a link to the conversation.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I am currently on the wait list for a WR2 1.05 gap with an 80mm WRH2 hollow handle. Can anyone weigh in as to the balance of this? Will it be top heavy or is the balance fine? For reference, I currently use a Timeless 0.68 titanium at 85 mm and love it. I wish Wolfman made the WRH2 in 85mm. I appreciate anyone’s input.

8-19-21.WR2.1.15.CH3Manchurian.Vitos.640.JPG

I have the Wolfman WR2 1.15 with the WRH2 80 mm hollow handle.

In my opinion and experience the handle is perfect in terms of its weight and balance. It's not a particularly light handle. I would not like a heavier handle and am very glad to have acquired the hollow version. The razor is not top heavy. The balance is fine.

Oh, the 80 mm handle doesn't seem too short either. It looks short (in a good way to my eye) but it functions just fine for me.

I'm glad I picked the 80 mm length and the hollow handle.

Of course that's just my opinion.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Those WR2s seem to be awesome shavers, might have to bite the bullet! I rarely order products online from outside the EU, and when I do, it's for negligible amounts. My knowledge on taxation and duties is very limited but due to the CETA it looks like no import duties need to be paid. Is there some sort of tax deduction on the original amount when ordering from the EU? (apologies for the off-topic question) :cuppa:

If you live in the EU and order from EU countries, you pay nothing. You pay tax to Schengen countries. I live in Reykjavik and pay my taxes here. I try to make the ordered goods from the EU tax-free. When it comes to eBay, I pay tax

If you live in the EU and order from EU countries, you pay nothing. You pay tax to Schengen countries. I live in Reykjavik and pay my taxes here. I try to make the ordered goods from the EU tax-free. When it comes to eBay, I pay tax

Thanks for your reply! I was thinking in the context of Wolfman razors, being produced in and shipped from Canada. So orders shipped from Canada to the EU, Belgium in my case.

Thanks for your reply! I was thinking in the context of Wolfman razors, being produced in and shipped from Canada. So orders shipped from Canada to the EU, Belgium in my case.
I am pretty sure you will have to pay import taxes according to EU rules. Unless you get lucky and your country's customs let it go tax-free.

Not sure the Wolfman deducts any local taxes when selling to foreigners. Others may chime in

I've bought a couple of Wolfman razors direct from Canada. There was no sales tax. I expect you'd have import fees though. I'm in the UK and was not charged any import fees, both before and after Brexit. Wolfman declares the full value on the package so it will depend on your local custom arrangements.

Reactions: Anu
All goods are promised duty and tax that we buy outside the EU, such are the EU regulations. It also depends on the customs office how they approach it. Iceland is in the economic zone and here I pay the tax on purchase and a small duty N. write to wolfman maybe how they will ship marks it as a gift

write to wolfman maybe how they will ship marks it as a gift
Worth a shot but I highly doubt it. Wolfman seems pretty adamant about declaring full value.

Few legit companies these days will screw around with bogus declared values or falsely calling a new product a gift, warranty exchange, etc.

Top Bottom