What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

The higher gap crowd is growing here! Do you own other Wolfs?
Not yet. I've just figured that so many people starting at 1.25 gaps and joining the queue again to seek for a 1.45-1.55. I thought i'd cut to the chase and just start at 1.45. My favoured modern razors are R41, Rex set on 3+ and want something in the same ballpark.

Not yet. I've just figured that so many people starting at 1.25 gaps and joining the queue again to seek for a 1.45-1.55. I thought i'd cut to the chase and just start at 1.45. My favoured modern razors are R41, Rex set on 3+ and want something in the same ballpark.

if you like the R41 you would love the 1.55....but 1.45 is close enough

Do they let you order whenever you're ready to proceed?
I believe so, which is pretty cool. As per my email:

IMG_20210507_011752.jpg

I had my first dinner out in over a year last night. Hadn’t shaved in a few days. Did a one pass with a touch up with the 1.45 and out the door I went. I have a “date” tonight and wanted to be able to shave beforehand, and it looks like I have enough to give the 1.25 a spin. I normally don’t shave every day, so this should be interesting.

I received my latest WR2 today. Lovely!

It’s a 135/155 dual comb. The handle is a hollow 90mm number 7.

I’ve only had 1 shave on it, and it was impressive. My goal on the higher gap is a Muhle R41 in efficiency but much smoother. First impression is that My goal was met.

1EAC0065-F449-44AA-B4B8-070F5CC92BDD.jpeg

I had my first dinner out in over a year last night. Hadn’t shaved in a few days. Did a one pass with a touch up with the 1.45 and out the door I went. I have a “date” tonight and wanted to be able to shave beforehand, and it looks like I have enough to give the 1.25 a spin. I normally don’t shave every day, so this should be interesting.
Happy to report that my usual shave (2 passes and a touch-up) with the 1.25 the day after was a success. And dinner was fab - moules frites.

IMG_2707.jpg

Just got word that I’m up. Have a .61 SB and I’ve come to love it. Now thinking of trying the .80 but with what handle? I’ve got a WRH7 90mm hollow at present. Like it. But wondering what else might pair well with a .80. Thoughts?

Just got word that I’m up. Have a .61 SB and I’ve come to love it. Now thinking of trying the .80 but with what handle? I’ve got a WRH7 90mm hollow at present. Like it. But wondering what else might pair well with a .80. Thoughts?
I’m curious, have you ever tried a WR2?

You’re going to love that razor!

My first shave with the SS 0.94 SB on a Darwin Handle, and I am blown away!
How's it possible that I did not care for the 0.86SB but love this? Some questions,
like love, should not be probed so deeply, or they lose their allure.

I'm a strictly two-pass guy...and I usually follow up with an exclusive neck-only pass
(east-west)

The 0.94 is one of those razors that creates this vacuum suction kind of effect
on the cheeks....the only other razor that did this for me is the Blackbird SS.
The weight of this combo was exactly 85 grams and I used a very light touch,
with zero pressure, where the razor literally glides over the skin.

End result was fantastic...no nicks of any sort....very comfortable, no irritation.
The razor that comes closest to this one is the Blackbird, but I feel the 0.94 surpassed
the former by quite a bit, especially in the face feel department. And it is more efficient.

Blade feel: in no way did this razor feel intimidating, despite its caption of being the
most aggressive WR1 gap. My 1.35 and 1.55 exhibit more blade feel. I actually think the
0.94 might be as smooth as 1.35...but it's a different kind of face feel and smoothness.

This razor also extinguishes my desire to look at other new razors in the market that adopt
the sleek low profile head aesthetic...we know who they are , no need to stir up controversy.

I tried a once-used wizamet super iridium in this razor and both paired well. I was expecting this
razor to be in the WR2 1.35 ballpark and it did not disappoint. Loot said that both 1.35 and 0.94
get you to the same destination, but via a different route.

I can say, with utmost confidence, that with the 0.94, I really enjoyed the journey.

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
My first shave with the SS 0.94 SB on a Darwin Handle, and I am blown away!
How's it possible that I did not care for the 0.86SB but love this? Some questions,
like love, should not be probed so deeply, or they lose their allure.

I'm a strictly two-pass guy...and I usually follow up with an exclusive neck-only pass
(east-west)

The 0.94 is one of those razors that creates this vacuum suction kind of effect
on the cheeks....the only other razor that did this for me is the Blackbird SS.
The weight of this combo was exactly 85 grams and I used a very light touch,
with zero pressure, where the razor literally glides over the skin.

End result was fantastic...no nicks of any sort....very comfortable, no irritation.
The razor that comes closest to this one is the Blackbird, but I feel the 0.94 surpassed
the former by quite a bit, especially in the face feel department. And it is more efficient.

Blade feel: in no way did this razor feel intimidating, despite its caption of being the
most aggressive WR1 gap. My 1.35 and 1.55 exhibit more blade feel. I actually think the
0.94 might be as smooth as 1.35...but it's a different kind of face feel and smoothness.

This razor also extinguishes my desire to look at other new razors in the market that adopt
the sleek low profile head aesthetic...we know who they are , no need to stir up controversy.

I tried a once-used wizamet super iridium in this razor and both paired well. I was expecting this
razor to be in the WR2 1.35 ballpark and it did not disappoint. Loot said that both 1.35 and 0.94
get you to the same destination, but via a different route.

I can say, with utmost confidence, that with the 0.94, I really enjoyed the journey.
Congrats! Wonderful review.

Top Bottom