What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

Lol, You guys are killing' me, man. I've read every word of every thread on every forum concerning Wolfman blade gaps, and it still seems like a crapshoot to me.
Just get one of each!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Maybe so but I'm sure the .94 is a step up

Agreed with @loot , it's a step up. I have the 0.86 OC and 0.94 SB. There is something about the 0.94, not sure if it just gets the blade up and out of the way of the bar and creates a bit more exposure; it's definitely a step up in efficiency for me. That said, to me, the 0.94 is slightly rougher than my 0.86; however by no means if the 0.94 rough compared to other razors. The 0.86 I can run daily no issues, and actually it seems a lot of my crappier blades or blades on the last legs. The 0.94 I have to be on my game to run daily, it just mows down anything in its path.

I really need to try more WR2s. I've only tried a 1.25 OC and thinking the 1.55 SB might be my next Wolfie.

This is the only logical approach, just trying! That said, my first Wolfman was the best razor, until I tried one that suited me more, than again, and again. The beauty is, that they are all great but just honing in on the one is an adventure. I could have stopped at my first Wolfman and been very happy.
Your first was the 125, no? That could easily be a one and done razor.

You definitely need more WR2s, especially if you like the results of the 94. A 155 would be a great add. He also does a 165, just saying. :)

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
So I need some input from the Wolfman veterans. I recently received my WR2 1.15 SB and love it, and immediately jumped back on the list because of course now I need a WR1. Well here's my conundrum, I definitely want an OC and I thought I wanted the 0.61. I like mildness with my open combs, do I need the 0.54 or the 0.61? Looking for something I can use everyday and I don't like an "aggressive" blade gap, efficient yes, but not overly aggressive. Thoughts?

So I need some input from the Wolfman veterans. I recently received my WR2 1.15 SB and love it, and immediately jumped back on the list because of course now I need a WR1. Well here's my conundrum, I definitely want an OC and I thought I wanted the 0.61. I like mildness with my open combs, do I need the 0.54 or the 0.61? Looking for something I can use everyday and I don't like an "aggressive" blade gap, efficient yes, but not overly aggressive. Thoughts?

I have a 115. On my face, it is close to my WR1 80OC in results. I used a 61 once and while it could get the job done, it just took too many strokes. My 61 was polished brass and even the alternate material wasn't enough to get me to keep it. Great shaver, just not efficient enough for my liking.

My 80OC is probably my favorite WR1 if im going to run it daily for a while. It seems to have the perfect amount of regrowth after 24hr.

The 80OC is anything but aggressive. It has great face feel. The blade feel is enough to maintain the edge and it remains constant where I find the 115 to diminish a bit after the first pass.

I'm a head and face shaver and I'm trying to duplicate my WR2 in 1.05/1.15 SB in a WR1 in overall experience, not just feel or efficiency. I'm on the waitlist for a .61/.74 SB based on feel more than efficiency, but I'm wondering if I need to step it up to a .67/.80 SB. Any advice would be much appreciated. As an aside, I don't care for a lot of blade feel and prefer comfort above all else. Prior to adding Wolfman to my den, Charcoal Goods level 2 was pretty much my ideal razor.

I am waiting for my new WR1 .74 SB. I currently own a WR2 1.15. I am anxious to give the WR1 a go to see how I like it, once it arrives.

I immediately got back on the list after my order was confirmed. Since there is a shop helper (Joel) working with James, now, it sounds like there's a good chance the wait times will be significantly, shorter. Shorter wait times means not having to fret so much when deciding between blade gaps--at least for me.

Last edited:
Your first was the 125, no? That could easily be a one and done razor.

You definitely need more WR2s, especially if you like the results of the 94. A 155 would be a great add. He also does a 165, just saying. :)

Correct, 1.25 WR2 was my first. Oh the excitement of it arriving, still get that feeling of being a kid the night before Christmas receiving a new Wolfie.

Well here's my conundrum, I definitely want an OC and I thought I wanted the 0.61. I like mildness with my open combs, do I need the 0.54 or the 0.61? Looking for something I can use everyday and I don't like an "aggressive" blade gap, efficient yes, but not overly aggressive. Thoughts?

Standard gap OC is perfect for daily use. The 0.54 OC isn't terribly different in feel, slightly less efficient if that bothers you. If you want to step down from 0.61 you'd need to go to 0.48, with a definite drop in efficiency though (barely positive blade exposure).

0.54, 0.61 and 0.67 all have the same blade exposure

0.74 and 0.80 are a step up, but not aggressive feeling

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Thanks for the input, think I'm just going to stick with my first inclination and go with the 0.61....agree with whoever said earlier in this thread that the one problem with the long wait times is you are constantly second guessing your choices!

Top Bottom