What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
These are my thoughts on the whole aggression question. I was formerly a very mild shaver. DE89, Techs, Game Changers, Timeless 68, stuff like that. LEMS member. But it was a huge challenge to get a really close shave. Near impossible for a true cotton-ball tested BBS. Fast forward a bit, and I become enamored with the Charcoal Goods and Wolfman razors. Added to that, Dan the Wolfman Whisperer enlightened me on the joys of steep angle shaving. It was quite a revelation! After which my shaves kept getting smoother and smoother. My razors got more aggressive. And my shave result kept getting better and better. Before I embraced the steep, I could not shave with my Charcoal Level 2, sold my Blackbird, and got irritation from a Timeless 95 solid bar. Now I can easily enjoy a CG Level 3, shave with a Slim on 9, and have begun thinking about getting another Blackbird. The Timeless 95 feels too mild. I started my Wolfman Journey with a WR2 1.15. I have just gotten a 1.25. It still feels smooth as silk. The Wolf is the smoothest of them all. Magnificent razor! I think I can keep going up. And probably will. So my experience has shown me that the Wolf WR2 rules the roost, and to go steep. It has changed my shaves dramatically for the better. I might even get to 1.45 or 1.55 some day. 😎

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
These are my thoughts on the whole aggression question. I was formerly a very mild shaver. DE89, Techs, Game Changers, Timeless 68, stuff like that. LEMS member. But it was a huge challenge to get a really close shave. Near impossible for a true cotton-ball tested BBS. Fast forward a bit, and I become enamored with the Charcoal Goods and Wolfman razors. Added to that, Dan the Wolfman Whisperer enlightened me on the joys of steep angle shaving. It was quite a revelation! After which my shaves kept getting smoother and smoother. My razors got more aggressive. And my shave result kept getting better and better. Before I embraced the steep, I could not shave with my Charcoal Level 2, sold my Blackbird, and got irritation from a Timeless 95 solid bar. Now I can easily enjoy a CG Level 3, shave with a Slim on 9, and have begun thinking about getting another Blackbird. The Timeless 95 feels too mild. I started my Wolfman Journey with a WR2 1.15. I have just gotten a 1.25. It still feels smooth as silk. The Wolf is the smoothest of them all. Magnificent razor! I think I can keep going up. And probably will. So my experience has shown me that the Wolf WR2 rules the roost, and to go steep. It has changed my shaves dramatically for the better. I might even get to 1.45 or 1.55 some day. 😎
Go steep, lads ... or go home and die comfortably in your beds, many years from now.
1610538175016.gif

Yeah these are just my own benchmarks for optimal use...they may not work for everyone.
I can use a 1.35 and 1.55 to shave daily but I would get by with fewer passes. I did shave
daily with the 1.55 during a phase, and was happy with just one pass.

Hannah's Dad

Yeah these are just my own benchmarks for optimal use...they may not work for everyone.
I can use a 1.35 and 1.55 to shave daily but I would get by with fewer passes. I did shave
daily with the 1.55 during a phase, and was happy with just one pass.
That’s exactly why I unloaded my 1.55; not because it wasn’t spectacular, but because it disrupted my enjoyment of a daily 3 pass shave. It was just too good.

This forum has made me so excited with anticipation to join the Wolfman community, but I am wondering if I made a mistake yesterday.

I thought I had signed up in late August, but didn’t remember receiving a confirmation email so I signed up again yesterday. When I signed up yesterday, I found the confirmation email had been sent to my Spam folder. I know James doesn’t like people signing up on the list twice, is this going to affect me? What should I have done?

Thanks gents!

Hannah's Dad

This forum has made me so excited with anticipation to join the Wolfman community, but I am wondering if I made a mistake yesterday.

I thought I had signed up in late August, but didn’t remember receiving a confirmation email so I signed up again yesterday. When I signed up yesterday, I found the confirmation email had been sent to my Spam folder. I know James doesn’t like people signing up on the list twice, is this going to affect me? What should I have done?

Thanks gents!
I wouldn’t worry about it. Shoot a quick email to Tara (James’ assistant) at the email address listed on the website and explain your concern. She can tell you if you’re still in the hunt.

That’s exactly why I unloaded my 1.55; not because it wasn’t spectacular, but because it disrupted my enjoyment of a daily 3 pass shave. It was just too good.

As of now, the 1.35 is proving to be an exceptional everyday/alternate day driver, the 1.55 comes out once in a while.

I had the latter made in Titanium so I doubt I could ever bring myself never part with it. :biggrin1:

Nice photo Jim. But what you're showing is "blade reveal," not "blade exposure." REFERENCE
Thanks for the reminder, Dan, on blade reveal vs blade exposure! That’s an easy one to get mixed up on.
That’s interesting that so many find more efficient razors cut closer. I’ve tried shaving with my Rex at higher/high settings. It never seems to make the shave last any longer—just brings more drama. That’s why I decided to go with the 1.15.

Hopefully my WR2 1.15 makes it in soon and USPS didn’t forget about it!

Thanks gents!
Dibs if you wind up with an extra one. :)

Any idea when I might get the coveted email notification to proceed?
If it helps, I signed onto the list on June 22, 2020. My email from Wolfman came on January 11th. That's 30 weeks or about 6 1/2 months. Aug 1 is about 6 1/2 weeks from June 22. Aug 31 is about 10 1/2 weeks. Using this metric, an Aug 1 signup should result in a proceed email around Feb 25th, and an Aug 31 signup should be about Mar 25th, assuming stable signups and razor production.

Or what @Hannah's Dad and @MTG Jr wrote without resorting to my 'calendar math' and pretending things like this can really be measured.

Top Bottom