What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

Apologies, no. The total height of the razor, including the head. TIA!
Mine is pretty stubby, no longer than a vintage Gillette. My other razors are all longer. I'm going to go with a WRH3 or 7 next time that are available longer.
Resizer_16078063560900.jpg

Hello, gents,

Confirmed my order with Tara @ W for the WR2 @ 1.25 and WR2H (80mm) Solid w/WR1 Stand. Waiting to hear back. I hesitated between the Hollow and Solid, but not sure I would like the hollow feel. Weight wasn't the thing I disliked about the Rockwell 6S and this comes under the Rockwell by 3g.

Many thanks to everyone here.

DW.

Hello, gents,

Confirmed my order with Tara @ W for the WR2 @ 1.25 and WR2H (80mm) Solid w/WR1 Stand. Waiting to hear back. I hesitated between the Hollow and Solid, but not sure I would like the hollow feel. Weight wasn't the thing I disliked about the Rockwell 6S and this comes under the Rockwell by 3g.

Many thanks to everyone here.

DW.

nice one! Wow long did you wait from submitting the google form to being contacted initially? From what I can tell the wait is about 7 months currently?

Morning, gents,

Thanks to everyone for their insight!

I think the only issue I'm having at this point is really the blade gap, which is a bit of a confusing element because it's gap + exposure, all of which is based on design. In my experience, gaps around .90-.95 have led to irritation on my neck for me, though this comment is really about the Karve D. I think I'm concerned if I go to something like 1.25, It might lead to the same experience or worse that I got with Karve D. It's because of this, after some reading, I originally went with WR1 .74 when I placed my reservation, but after more reading, it seems WR2 may be better for me. In terms of blade feel, the most I could take is the BB.
  • BB (.58). Great. Efficient, smooth and great feedback. It could be smoother sometimes, but pros outweigh cons.
  • Tatara (.63). Great. Smoother, not as efficient, good feedback.
  • Karve C (.85). About the same as the Tatara, for me.
  • Karve D (.95).
  • Rockwell R5 (.95)

Lastly, I would like to get an OC plate. I just assumed get the same gap as the CC (like BB), but I see that's another riddle. :)

Suggestions welcomed! TIA!

Firstly I'd avoid WR1 altogether...WR2 is an improvement on it IMO.

Avoid WR2 OC...SB is smoother and you won't miss a thing.

Also, dont let the numbers drive you nuts...WR2 numbers are quite different from Karve numbers
even though they are the same number...geometries are what counts.

The problem with razors with gap variants like the WR2 is that one size does not fit all. Trick is to
find your baseline gap first....it took me a 6 wolfman razors (or gaps) to find mine....it's 1.35...this
is the bare minimum I need for my growth....I dont know what yours might be....even you may not
now until you try the gaps yourself.

It's a ridiculous prospect but that's what it is.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The first thing I did when I got my first Wolfman was to sell my Blackbird. I found that the BB shaved amazingly, but it left me with quite a bit of irritation, and thus I could not shave with it very often. The Wolf has a similar level of efficiency and effectiveness, but it is incredibly smooth and comfortable.

The first thing I did when I got my first Wolfman was to sell my Blackbird. I found that the BB shaved amazingly, but it left me with quite a bit of irritation, and thus I could not shave with it very often. The Wolf has a similar level of efficiency and effectiveness, but it is incredibly smooth and comfortable.
I can not wait to get mine, would not be opposed to buying a used one from someone on this forum if they had what I wanted

Gents,

I admit, the WRH2 80 is the smallest razor in my collection but not by much. My razors are mostly 90 mm.

Haven’t used it yet but impressed by how it nice it feels in hand. Seems very well balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
You are lucky. My WR2 1.25SB order was confirmed with Tara on December 3rd, invoice paid on the 7th, and it’s still in Canada as of yesterday. Mind if I ask what your location is?
I’m in a similar situation. Still waiting. Postal service is bad right now.

Gents,

I admit, the WRH2 80 is the smallest razor in my collection but not by much. My razors are mostly 90 mm.

Haven’t used it yet but impressed by how it nice it feels in hand. Seems very well balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the same handle on my 1.55 and absolutely love it. Plenty long for me. Even if I were to pick up a hollow handle I would still go with 80mm

Top Bottom